ALOHA! The Poly FAQ~ Spring 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. After this first week I called and nothing. I think since there is Lagoon View and Theme Park view (still) that they might be releasing these rooms for pins?

I am going to keep trying. It was really tempting for the LV CL, but its out of our reach at the moment.

Thanks for the quick response! :goodvibes

Wow, I called yesterday to upgrade from GV to LV & was told there is nothing avail. he said he also checked GF & CR & there was nothing avail anywhere. (I was really just interested in Poly, but it was nice of him to check for me) our dates are 9/17 - 9/26

jetskigrl,

Speaking of packing for your family-- Am I the only one who packs for myself, the kids and my husband and the golf clubs. On the trip I even put toothpaste on all their toothbrushes (including husbands) in morning and at night, I think its because I'm a little bit of a control freak--a little OCD maybe... Do yall also keep your hotel room neat, I make my beds and have everything put away in its neat little place... The mousekeeper or housekeepers never have much to do in my rooms..LOL!

P.S. Did I mention, I have not worked outside of my home since my children were born so I consider it my job...and take pride in it!!!

Have a magical day!

I am sooooooo NOT gonna let my husband read this post:lmao:

Hi,

As a regular visitor to Florida from the UK, can I subscribe to this thread please? :goodvibes

I have a question - we have a 13 year old autistic/non verbal son, he has severe learning difficulties. Most of our vacations have been in off site villa's as it just suits us that way, we enjoy the extra room/flexibility and the private pool etc
However, our first three nights this coming August we have booked a Garden View room at the Polynesian. Unfortunatley we are having doubts about whether this is a good idea - Joshua always gets up really early in the morning, before 5am, it's just part of the way he is. Whilst he cannot talk he can make sounds, loves to watch TV or DVDs and will want to early in the morning at the Poly.
Whilst naturally we can keep the volume low, we are worried that he may get 'over excited', after all there will be people in the next room to us and it is at the moment making us think we should cancel.

Any advice, tips appreciated. :)

jetskigrl,

That's so weird my husband never talks about trips before hand, He says he has to focus on work and he never gets too excited about a trip in advance, or he doesn't show it. But this Disney trip he's asked so many questions and he brings it up in conversation to me all the time, It's wonderful, It makes me even more excited, if that's at all possible....

Speaking of packing for your family-- Am I the only one who packs for myself, the kids and my husband and the golf clubs. On the trip I even put toothpaste on all their toothbrushes (including husbands) in morning and at night, I think its because I'm a little bit of a control freak--a little OCD maybe... Do yall also keep your hotel room neat, I make my beds and have everything put away in its neat little place... The mousekeeper or housekeepers never have much to do in my rooms..LOL!

P.S. Did I mention, I have not worked outside of my home since my children were born so I consider it my job...and take pride in it!!!

Have a magical day!

Nothing wrong with that Id love to be a domestic godess! :thumbsup2

I pack for me and my husband my teens arent going this yr but last yr they wouldnt let me pack for them, basicaly they hate my taste in clothes..I still managed to give them a packing list :rotfl:

I also keep our resort room pretty organized, I just feel more relaxed and comfortable when things are clean, and organized.. Our first day normally consists of checking in resort early, grabbing breakfast hitting the parks until around 230 and then heading back to resort for a swim, shower and unpack and at that time I organize our stuff in the room for the way I want it, pop up clothes hamper and all! Plus Im a germaphobe so I dont sleep 'in" the sheets, I bring my own comforter, sheet and pillows. NOt to mention the travel size lysol wipes! My comforter goes on top of the bed which we sleep on and we cover up with our sheet. I know..Im weird. Dont ever watch 60 min specials on hotels it RUINED me..

DH says he is embarressed to carry the extra bedding so he wants to pack it in its own suitcase this yr..lol

Wow, I called yesterday to upgrade from GV to LV & was told there is nothing avail. he said he also checked GF & CR & there was nothing avail anywhere. (I was really just interested in Poly, but it was nice of him to check for me) our dates are 9/17 - 9/26

WOW sounds like WDW going to busy that week, bet its tht 40 % off deluxe room only code! I upgraded from standard to CL at the Poly earlier this week for Sept 10-18th no problem..Guess after that it gets pretty busy..I do know alot of Dis ppl will be down there your week!

POR 15-25
POLY 26-31 can't wait!

So glad to know that I am not the only packing freak!:rolleyes1

I am 90% done with my packing, I am one of those packers that does the zip lock thing, but I get HUGE bags, I put 3 DDs ouftits, DD's undergarments, DD's hairthings, my clothes,and my DH's special DISign shirts all in the same bag. It makes me so pathetically happy to know how easy my mornings will because of this:rotfl:

I have made now about 30 DISign board shirts, and I am making special POLY ones for DH.:lovestruc

I am so exited, I am paying off the POLY this Friday!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Hi,

As a regular visitor to Florida from the UK, can I subscribe to this thread please? :goodvibes

I have a question - we have a 13 year old autistic/non verbal son, he has severe learning difficulties. Most of our vacations have been in off site villa's as it just suits us that way, we enjoy the extra room/flexibility and the private pool etc
However, our first three nights this coming August we have booked a Garden View room at the Polynesian. Unfortunatley we are having doubts about whether this is a good idea - Joshua always gets up really early in the morning, before 5am, it's just part of the way he is. Whilst he cannot talk he can make sounds, loves to watch TV or DVDs and will want to early in the morning at the Poly.
Whilst naturally we can keep the volume low, we are worried that he may get 'over excited', after all there will be people in the next room to us and it is at the moment making us think we should cancel.

:goodvibes Welcome to the Poly Board! Personally I think it it great that you are trying something new with you son. I would not woory too much. You are not the only one with children who are going to wake up before dawn out of habit or excitement! :cool1: Hell, I have trouble sleeping in at Disney because I'm too excited!:rolleyes1 If you are really worried about your son making noise, I would call the Polynesian and make a room request for a quiet building and a room at the end of a hall. Explain the situation to them. Disney is very accommodating when it comes to special needs kids.
Have a great vacation!!

:goodvibes Welcome to the Poly Board! Personally I think it it great that you are trying something new with you son. I would not woory too much. You are not the only one with children who are going to wake up before dawn out of habit or excitement! :cool1: Hell, I have trouble sleeping in at Disney because I'm too excited!:rolleyes1 If you are really worried about your son making noise, I would call the Polynesian and make a room request for a quiet building and a room at the end of a hall. Explain the situation to them. Disney is very accommodating when it comes to special needs kids.
Have a great vacation!!

Thanks, we did actually request Samoa or Fiji as we wanted to be close to the GCH, and the pools.
Like you say at the end of the hall would be better...whilst we like staying in an off site villa, it will add something different and new to the holiday.

Thanks again. :thumbsup2

Hi,

Aloha! As a longtime POLY guest, I assure you the place is filled with people having a good time. I teach children like your Joshua & believe me, I'd rather have your family as next-door neighbors at the POLY than the last time we stayed with 5 twenty-something frat boys above us! :scared1:

You may feel more comfortable on a ground floor with a patio that has easy 'onto-the-grass' access for when Joshua needs outside time. :flower3:

Hey everyone! Here are another few pictures from our recent trip. Emma's coming home today from her Dad's and bringing her camera, I know she took more so you'll have plenty to keep you going until your trips!!!

We received a lovely treat returning to our room on the first afternoon!
183.jpg

317.jpg

Thanks so much ZuZu! I love the 2nd pic, where is this? Also did you buy that little Poly pic or was that left with the cards, what a nice little memento! Pls, Pls keep them coming, Sept is our 1st Poly stay as well as first CL and I cant wait! 49 more days!

jkstewart1800,

Never? I've had towel animals every trip to Disney almost everyday, Do your children have toys in your room when you go to Disney, maybe they didn't do it because they didn't think you had children with you, but grown ups like them too!! That's crazy, Good luck getting them this trip.. I bet you will.

I can't remember if we had toys around the room, but they certainly had stuffed animals and we had a pack n play in the room. So I assumed they knew. We have only stayed at the Poly once. Last time we stayed at the GF. No animals there either.

But this time we are staying CL at the Poly.... and this is the FIRST year that my husband talks about the trip before we go on the trip LOL!

I pack for me and the boys, and verbally help my husband set out stuff he needs.... I have to remind him of how many nights we will be gone, and where we are going to eat. This year I made some matching shirts, and they are already packed! Then when he has all his stuff together he'l say "which suitcase do you want me to use" and then he packs it in the suitcase I point to. He's military so he really is a good packer!

We arrive on August 1st.... when do you all get to the Poly? I bet this trip the Hawaii building will be over run with boys! :cool1:

I also have never had towel animals in all my trips.. Now they have taken toys and things and set them up in the windows before.. Im really hoping for a Mickey Head with the Leis in the middle.. So pretty!

Thanks so much ZuZu! I love the 2nd pic, where is this? Also did you buy that little Poly pic or was that left with the cards, what a nice little memento! Pls, Pls keep them coming, Sept is our 1st Poly stay as well as first CL and I cant wait! 49 more days!

Hi bluejasmine!! No they left those pics signed by Minnie and Mickey for us for our anniversary and Emma's graduation along with the chocolate with the Poly picture on it. Isn't that awesome? We were so surprised! They also left another picture later in the week with a photopass card on it. The second photo is just outside of the Great Ceremonial House heading towards the volcano pool. It was such a pretty spot!!!!

I also have never had towel animals in all my trips.. Now they have taken toys and things and set them up in the windows before.. Im really hoping for a Mickey Head with the Leis in the middle.. So pretty!

We've had towel animals every trip and some elaborate set ups with the plush toys. Last time we had the same mousekeeper for almost all of our nine nights and he had a theme running with Timon as the one in charge of all the plush toys. It was hilarious to see what he came up with each day.

That being said, I think my boys will be devastated if we don't have that kind of mousekeeper again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for mousekeeping pixie dust!

Okay, one more then I HAVE to go dry my hair and get to the grocery store! :lmao:

A view from our room 3524:

445.jpg

Thanks! Now I know I don't have to pick up any at the grocery store on the way from the airport. One less thing to obsess about!: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter