summer2010127.jpg

summer2010155.jpg

summer2010146.jpg

summer2010154.jpg

summer2010104.jpg

summer2010156.jpg

summer2010231.jpg

summer2010252.jpg

I have a question for my Poly friends. This trip we will be putting our youngest two in the Neverland Club for the first time. How far in advance do I need to "book" this? Can I do it 180 days out with our ADRs?
Thanks for the info!:thumbsup2

Aww!! You never know what will click for kids. My little cousin was a WILD little tomboy until she got a baby sister. She's so calm and caring with the baby. :lovestruc Of course, she's still wild with the older kids. ;)

Awww! DS has been improving, but definitely needs to be watched closely with other kids. I swear sometimes you would never knows he's my child. I tend to be more refined, and him....well :rolleyes1.

I have a few of that general area as well. If you want send along a note and I can send along better sized images.

DSC_0655_08_29_2010_8555_sm.jpg

DSC_0656_08_29_2010_8556_sm.jpg

DSC_0634_08_29_2010_8534_sm.jpg

Although this is in front of GCH heading to the parking lot...
DSC_0653_08_29_2010_8553_sm.jpg

I think it is strange that he/she would copy my post from several pages back. I know it isn't anyone here... my kids are not allowed on my laptop (the only computer with internet in our house) and my husband is not a Disney fan so I am sure he is not browsing on here. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have read the first 100 pages of this thread and looked over tikiman's site. I know I want a balcony and I'm leaning towards requesting Samoa.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of the posts on this thread. :) I have a lot to learn, I had planned to stay at POR again, but my DH didn't love the theming so he jumped at the chance to stay at a monorail resort when we got the 40% off code.

Can someone remind me how tall you have to be to go down the pool slide? For some reason I have 48 inches stuck in my head, but that may just be from RNRC. (not sure that acroymn is right). My eldest is already past that height, but my two little ones will be lucky to make it by December.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if there is even a minimum height but if there is it is definitely less than 48". My dd was 4 & went down the slide alone many many (many!) times. Maybe 36" if at all.

DS's best friend in his class (because, of course, there are all different kinds of best friends in different situations...his class best friend, his other best friend, his family best friend and on and on and on... ;)) is on the spectrum with some massive sensory issues. His little girlfriend from last year had some physical disabilities, and he would always walk with one hand on her back and sit next to her so he could help her up or down. :goodvibes DS is very patient, so maybe they'll hit it off if we run into each other.

My dd8 also has ALOT of sensory issues, mainly surrounding clothing & auditory sensitivites. The auditory has improved alot the clothing is a work in progress :rotfl: What are your trip dates, maybe we will be there at the same time, it seems like alot of us are traveling at the same time!

I think it is strange that he/she would copy my post from several pages back. I know it isn't anyone here... my kids are not allowed on my laptop (the only computer with internet in our house) and my husband is not a Disney fan so I am sure he is not browsing on here. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have read the first 100 pages of this thread and looked over tikiman's site. I know I want a balcony and I'm leaning towards requesting Samoa.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of the posts on this thread. :) I have a lot to learn, I had planned to stay at POR again, but my DH didn't love the theming so he jumped at the chance to stay at a monorail resort when we got the 40% off code.

Can someone remind me how tall you have to be to go down the pool slide? For some reason I have 48 inches stuck in my head, but that may just be from RNRC. (not sure that acroymn is right). My eldest is already past that height, but my two little ones will be lucky to make it by December.

Thanks!

There are no height restrictions to use the pool slide. The only restriction relative to height is the child must be able to go down the slide alone--no double riders. Also, be mindful that the area at the end of the slide is around 4' deep and the water is swirling.

If you need to "catch" your child, that is permissible as long as you are far enough away from the end of the slide just in case you try and catch the wrong person. :rotfl2: I know one year I went feet first into a woman's head because she was expecting her child and she got me instead! There was no way for me to avoid her! :lmao: Funny now, but I was afraid that I hurt her when I came shooting out of the tunnel.

I don't know if your children are strong swimmers, but remember if they have a need, life vests are available at no charge from the marina. You can keep them for the length of your stay and return them thereafter. Your room key is all you need to check them out.

My dd8 also has ALOT of sensory issues, mainly surrounding clothing & auditory sensitivites. The auditory has improved alot the clothing is a work in progress :rotfl: What are your trip dates, maybe we will be there at the same time, it seems like alot of us are traveling at the same time!

We'll be there September 25(or 24...haven't decided) to October 2. We'll be at the Poly September 27 to October 2. Can't wait!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that since we're quickly approaching our 250 page limit on this thread, that the Winter 2011 edition of the FAQ is now open here!

Thank you to everyone who makes this thread such a great place to hang out and talk about our favorite place at Walt Disney World!

Enjoy! :goodvibes

I don't know if your children are strong swimmers, but remember if they have a need, life vests are available at no charge from the marina. You can keep them for the length of your stay and return them thereafter. Your room key is all you need to check them out.

And just to add to this, when you check them out you get to keep them the entire length of your stay. :thumbsup2 So you can get one after you check in if you think you'll need one and then when you do you'll be all set. When returning them you can drop back off at the "rental" booth OR they also take them back at the front desk. ;)

Good Morning everyone! Hope all my Poly friends survived the snow storms! Ive been off the boards for awhile sick.. Still trying to get over it, gotta love alka seltzer cold and puffs tissue with vicks! LOL

Thanks Carlnix for the pics it sure made me feel better!

Last Sept we watched Wishes almost nightly and never from the park, from the Poly doc, from the Poly beach, from the look out point and LOVED it! Never had to fight the crowds, could go right back to the lounge or our room, it was great! Only fireworks we were in the park for was Illuminations..

Quick question.. Anyone remember the age to drive the mouse boats? My DD14 almost 15 wants to drive one and I dont want to get her hopes up if she cant..Thought it would be a nice suprise for her and DS 17 to get their own boats for about an hr tho..

Good Morning everyone! Hope all my Poly friends survived the snow storms! Ive been off the boards for awhile sick.. Still trying to get over it, gotta love alka seltzer cold and puffs tissue with vicks! LOL

Thanks Carlnix for the pics it sure made me feel better!

Last Sept we watched Wishes almost nightly and never from the park, from the Poly doc, from the Poly beach, from the look out point and LOVED it! Never had to fight the crowds, could go right back to the lounge or our room, it was great! Only fireworks we were in the park for was Illuminations..

Quick question.. Anyone remember the age to drive the mouse boats? My DD14 almost 15 wants to drive one and I dont want to get her hopes up if she cant..Thought it would be a nice suprise for her and DS 17 to get their own boats for about an hr tho..

According to the signage at the marina--the age is 12! Looks like she's good to go.

According to the signage at the marina--the age is 12! Looks like she's good to go.

I think it's 12 and a certain height, but should be met by most that age. I was surprised to see the age so young!

I'm going to miss this thread~:upsidedow

I think it's 12 and a certain height, but should be met by most that age. I was surprised to see the age so young!

I'm going to miss this thread~:upsidedow

It is 16 to drive the boats alone...:thumbsup2 We get them every time we go..
My daughter just turned 16. She was very disappointed last year.

It is 16 to drive the boats alone...:thumbsup2 We get them every time we go..
My daughter just turned 16. She was very disappointed last year.

Perhaps they changed the age limit? We were there 3 weeks ago and my DD13 and DS15 at the time (now 16) were wanting to rent them... the marina workers said, yep, they'd be good to go. They decided not to, they didn't want to spend their spending $ on them :confused3 but it seemed like they would be ok to go....?

Perhaps they changed the age limit? We were there 3 weeks ago and my DD13 and DS15 at the time (now 16) were wanting to rent them... the marina workers said, yep, they'd be good to go. They decided not to, they didn't want to spend their spending $ on them

It possible they thought they were 16. But before they let you on the dock they ask for state issued ID for minors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter