Aloha or Hoop de Hoop?

Haven't done either but I did ask the same thing months ago and got a resounding thumbs up for Hoop De Doo even though its a corny country and western style thing and a resounding thumbs down for the Luau? apparently food is rubbish and seating arrangements meant a lot of people couldn't see the show properly. HTH :sunny:

I would have to say the same thing can apply to Hoop De Doo. I know most people love it, but when we went (admittedly a few years ago now) we were stuck on a table at the back, could hardly see, service was poor, food was cold and we left still hungry and didn't 'get' the show at all because we were so far away from the stage. Needless to say we never went back.

We did Hoop De Do recently. We were very fortunate to get a table very near the front. The food isn't that good (although it isn't bad). The entertainment isn't stellar - but it isn't bad either. The jokes are corney but it is executed well and turns out a good (if expensive) dinner show. We all enjoyed it and would do it again (but not for a while).

The best bit about it was the bus ride back to PORFQ. Our bus driver (Cynthia, I think [it was after quite a few jam jars of beer]) was a real hoot and was taking no prisoners. I don't think I've ever experienced a Disney bus being driven quite like that before (was that really a speed hump or just a line of turtles).

We also had a nice journey to Fort Wilderness (PORFQ->MK (bus), MK->TTC (ferry), TTC->MK (monorail, up front), MK->FW (launch)).

:) Chris.

Have you considered 'Ohana? It's not a show in the same sense as the HDD or Luau (but then it's not as pricey either) but you do get a bit of a "show" with regard to the way the food is served, the firepit, the Hula Hooping and Coconut races (my favourite ;) )

I would go for the Luau, the food was OK when we were there and the enterianing was more adult. There are two shows, personally I would go the the later one as it is not as busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter