Almost NO availability in early March?

JJsmama

WDW addict
I'm trying to book online like I always do. Supposedly the first part of March (I'm checking approx March 3-8) is slow season this year but almost every category I choose shows NO rooms, even when I shorten the trip, etc and try to remove the 'special' rate. Is this true?

I don't know how much of a real impact Mardi Gras has though - only the Southern half of 3 states (LA, MS, and AL) have a short school break for Mardi Gras. Prices that week and the following were much higher than I have seen before, and a lot of places were full by the time I booked in December. I think it is probably a combination of things: the late Mardi Gras, Spring Break season beginning, and a late Easter. It could just also be that they have a lot of school/sports groups booked for various competitions or experiences, and that could impact on-site bookings more than the crowds in the parks.

It’s also less than two months from today, which unfortunately more and more is meaning there’s limited availability. We ran into the same issue last year booking an April trip in early February.

Good points. My son just changed schools and for the first time EVER, we have spring break NOT on Easter week, but in early March. I was so excited to go to WDW when it wasn't peak season, but it is not panning out that way. I think for the first time ever, we're going to try Universal.

early March IS spring break season. Keep trying!!!!

Yes. I guess it's relative. Since we've always had Easter week which is Peak, I thought the early wave of spring break would be better. Plus, I read on one of those calendars that this year it's a 'best week to go.' Guess everyone else thought so too.

I agree, keep checking. I just searched your dates and there's an All star movies preferred room for 158 a night.

Thanks. I'll keep looking. Since it's not going to be lower crowds like I had hoped, I started looking at early June instead (like when we usually go) and the options are much better.

I was there once during Mardi Gras and you could definitely see the effect on crowds. There were people from Louisiana everywhere we went. I have never seen so much LSU gear in my life.

I'm trying to book online like I always do. Supposedly the first part of March (I'm checking approx March 3-8) is slow season this year but almost every category I choose shows NO rooms, even when I shorten the trip, etc and try to remove the 'special' rate. Is this true?

I can find availability, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the FL resident rate.

Mardi Gras week was very crowded last year, but still manageable. Every single hotel was completely sold out for the days leading up to and the days after Mardi Gras. (I know because we had friends that wanted to join us, but there was zero availability.) Our kids are off for the whole week, so it's a great time to go when the rates aren't high and the weather is nice.

I never even considered this. Mardi Gras is Feb 25th next year, what dates will be impacted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter