• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Almost Candy Bars

wdw_dine_junkie

DIS Veteran
I made these this weekend when I was looking for something to take to a BBQ and they are awesome! I didn't have any eggs, so I was searching my pantry for a dessert to make that didn't require them. I got to use up all those half bags of cookie ingredients leftover from christmas!

Almost Candy Bars

1 devils food cake mix (I had Pillsbury)
1 stick butter
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup chopped nuts (I had pecans)
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk

With fork or pastry blender, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Press into a 9x13 pan. Layer all the ingredients in order, pouring the condensed milk last. Bake at 350 for 20-minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely and then cut into bars.

Enjoy!

Wow, these look great! I am going to make them for our july 4th picnic. thanks for sharing your recipe.

Doesn't this look yummy? I would leave out the coconut and the other nuts because I have an allergic child but I would load up on the chip and perhaps add M&M's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter