allergic to nuts

kajohn

DIS Veteran
My DS(7) is allergic to nuts, i.e. walnuts, pecans, and almonds, (not peanuts). How common are these ingredients in the food on the buffets and in the dining rooms? Are they marked if they are in them? Luckily he is a picky eater, and doesn't eat a wide variety of food, but if he eats even a tiny bite of say butter pecan ice cream with no nut in it, he still has a reaction.

Is this something I should fill out a medical form for? I don't know if he will eat while in the kids club, but I would hate for something like that to happen while he is there.

Also do those yummy sounding chocolate chip cookies from room service have nuts in them?

Thanks!

I would definitely suggest filling out the form. It will not only let the chefs and servers know, but it will be shared with the programming group also. Sometimes the nuts are not in pieces, but in oil form and those need to be watched for.

Happy Sailing! :D

Ditto what Carameo said.

I also wanted to add - they can go to dinner with the kids club, but they do not eat in the club itself (ie snacks). Make sure the conselors know of his allergies in addition to the dining staff. They do have an occasional activty that involves food. I seem to remember MAtthew making milkshakes on one cruise.

let me respond to this one since I'm allergic to nuts also, but
not peanuts. First, the choc. chip cookies from room service
do NOT have nuts in them - trust me - we tried them. Also,
i happened to mention the nut allergy to my waiter and without
asking him every night, he checked on every food item I ordered.
Even if something may have had nuts, he would inform me.
I'm sorry I can't tell you about the kids club - none of my kids
went to the club. I know how scared you can be.

I have a food allergy too, but not nuts. I filled out the form and the first night at dinner the waiter was already well aware and told me each night what I couldn't order. Buffets were harder. They knew there was someone on board with that particular allergy(it's an odd one!) and they wouldn't let me select my food from the dessert line until they had spoken with the dessert chef of the day to verify. I felt very safe.....but the seated meals were certainly easiler than the buffets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter