All-Star Sports on Priceline for $36?

Today, I bid for one room for 6/6 and got Amerisuites for $36. This is an additional bid. My first successful bid was for 2 rooms on 6/7 (already reported and on the existing bid calendar) at Amerisuites. The room sleeps 6 and we have 6 in our party. I didn't want to just add a night on to that reservation and waste that extra room so I took a chance and bid one room for 6/6 and got Amerisuites again. Free breakfast for 2 mornings, shuttle to Epcot (the only park that we're visiting while we're staying there) and two nights hotel stay for around $130. Great!

MILEMRKR63 said:
My question is do I have to get my luggage when I arive in Orlando or do they atomatically get it for me and deliver it. And, can I take my own luggage directly to the bus I will be on if I prefer as I am concerned about my luggage geting lost.

We used Magical Express last year (this will be our second time.) It works very well, and you can't beat the price. If you put the yellow luggage tags on your bags prior to checking them at your home airport, the next time you'll see them is when they're in your room at the resort. You do not take it to the bus directly.

If you plan to bring your own luggage on the bus, do NOT use the tags. The tags are a marker for the Orlando airport to intercept those bags and send them to Disney, before they even get to the luggage conveyor belt in baggage claim. There are big doors under the bus where the driver can stow any carry-on bags you might bring with you, but there was one family with a ton of suitcases, which the ME attendant encouraged them into reluctantly checking through ME luggage transfer, because they would have taken up half the bus' storage underneath.

I honestly wouldn't worry about lost luggage - the program works well & has been in place for over a year now. We took one day bag with us as a carry-on (both on the plane and on the bus) so we'd have swimsuits, etc. when we arrived at the hotel -- but when we stepped off the Magical Express bus, we saw our luggage already on a cart being driven by Bell Services. Our suitcases beat us there!

bizeemom4 said:
Today, I bid for one room for 6/6 and got Amerisuites for $36. This is an additional bid. My first successful bid was for 2 rooms on 6/7 (already reported and on the existing bid calendar) at Amerisuites. The room sleeps 6 and we have 6 in our party. I didn't want to just add a night on to that reservation and waste that extra room so I took a chance and bid one room for 6/6 and got Amerisuites again. Free breakfast for 2 mornings, shuttle to Epcot (the only park that we're visiting while we're staying there) and two nights hotel stay for around $130. Great!

Did you list that you had 6 in your party when you bid (I'm not familar with how PL works, so I wasn't sure if you like the number of people).
Thanks,
DJ

westjones said:
Did you list that you had 6 in your party when you bid (I'm not familar with how PL works, so I wasn't sure if you like the number of people).
Thanks,
DJ

No, I didn't list 6 people. Four in our party are children. After I won the initial bid of two rooms at Amerisuites, I noticed that each room sleeps 6. Because I'm more likely to get a 2 double room in Orlando, I was comfortable reducing my bid to one room the second time. If I would have gotten a room at All Stars that only sleeps 4, I would have booked an additional room thru CRO.

WeluvDisney2 said:
I noticed that priceline has the Walt Disney World Swan listed under "resorts". Has anyone ever bid on a resort class room on Priceline and received the Swan? Just wondering...

Our family won a room at the Dolphin 2 years ago on Priceline for $79 a night - It was WONDERFUL!!!! But I haven't seen the Swan or Dolphin come up much since then.

Good luck to everyone trying for the All Stars on Priceline - greatprice!! If we weren't going to California during that time I would be trying with all of you too :teeth:

westjones said:
Thanks,
DJ
With PL, you cannot list how many are in your party. PL will only guarantee sleeping for 2. There isn't even a place that you could but in a second name. There is only one name listed on the ressie & that is the origianl one you place in. If you book two room, there will be a spot to place a name with each room, but again, only one name per room.

A Mickeyfan said:
With PL, you cannot list how many are in your party. PL will only guarantee sleeping for 2. There isn't even a place that you could but in a second name. There is only one name listed on the ressie & that is the origianl one you place in. If you book two room, there will be a spot to place a name with each room, but again, only one name per room.

Oh I didn't realize that. I have never used PL, but maybe sometime when we are out of points (DVC) we may give this a try. Sounds like you can get a good deal for a quick visit.

DJ

Just bid tonight. I am so excited. We have been at Ft. Myers Beach for 10 days. We will be flying out of MCO on the morning of 5/10 so I wanted to get a room in Orlando for Tuesday night. I was perfectly willing to get the Nikki Bird. That's the hotel we got through Priceline on 4/26 when we first arrived. It wasn't as bad as I had expected. I would have been very happy to get Amerisuites like some have gotten. So when the winning bid came through for All Star Music I was ecstatic!! Since we got ASMu we added the second night for 5/8. Now I'll get to finish up my vacation with a trip to WDW. I brought my leftover tickets from another trip just in case. Woohoo! What a great deal.

westjones said:
Oh I didn't realize that. I have never used PL, but maybe sometime when we are out of points (DVC) we may give this a try. Sounds like you can get a good deal for a quick visit.

DJ
It is a good deal but just remember, you never know what hotel you can end up with.. as long as you are ok with that..you can't get a better deal anywhere else :thumbsup2

not sure where to exactly put this for all of you to see, I know it really doesn't belong on this site since it is not a Disney Resort. Here is a fast low down on the Nikki Bird as per a friend who just stayed 2 nights...

She was in room 296, she said her room was clean, she had double sheeting & no smells. The room was a smoking room but she said she could not smell anything. She was happy with her room & her $36 rate. She was not charged the resort fee & did have free internet access. She did tell them that she did not want to be put in a room in the back section where I was. Hope this helps all who have the fears of the Nikki Bird...

On the postings people have been getting allstars on 5/30, 5/31/ 6/1. Now on expedia it is showing no availability. I'm afraid to try. Was only going to try because there is a ding fare from SW for those days also. If I do try, I'll keep you posted.

iluvepcot said:
On the postings people have been getting allstars on 5/30, 5/31/ 6/1. Now on expedia it is showing no availability. I'm afraid to try. Was only going to try because there is a ding fare from SW for those days also. If I do try, I'll keep you posted.
Do not go by what Expedia has... if you feel that you really want to check for the room availability.. use Disney's offical site directly... www.disneyworld.com do not look for AP rates but the regular general population rates..

iluvepcot said:

I tried to explain this situation earlier in this thread and was acussed of giving wrong information. Even though the information was given to me from the Disney Reservation Center.

The inventories that Disney gives to Expedia and the rooms they offer to Priceline to fill gaps are not the same. Checking Expedia to see if they have available rooms at All Star will not help you with Priceline.

advice needed

i need to book a room for one night on the 25th of Oct 2006
would love to get the Al stars but would be happy with what ever I get

when is the best time to check now or nearer the time
never used PL before

thanks anyone for your help

jns said:
i need to book a room for one night on the 25th of Oct 2006
would love to get the Al stars but would be happy with what ever I get

when is the best time to check now or nearer the time
never used PL before

I would NOT do it now. There have been NO All Star Priceline rooms showing up past June. Being that these rooms just came up at the end of April, I would check back on the boards around August or so and see if anyone else is getting them during that time. There is a great calendar linked in this thread showing the dates everyone has been successful, and NONE of them have been outside May or June.

Disney putting rooms on Priceline is brand new, and there is no way to know if they will do it again, or not, or when.

Sammie said:
I tried to explain this situation earlier in this thread and was acussed of giving wrong information. Even though the information was given to me from the Disney Reservation Center.

The inventories that Disney gives to Expedia and the rooms they offer to Priceline to fill gaps are not the same. Checking Expedia to see if they have available rooms at All Star will not help you with Priceline.

You were giving wrong information. Pl is not a consolidator, the hotel loads the rates into the GDS system. The hotel, not PL, can add or remove inventory at any time. The hotel and not PL can change the PL rates in the GDS system at any time. A sold out hotel rarely has room available on PL. In most cases the revenue manager at the hotel wouldn't be doing his job if he kept rooms on PL for nights in which the hotel didn't have any rooms to sell through their own reservation system.

I did agree with you that Expedia is not a reliable way to determine if the All-Stars are sold out. It was already posted on BFT that for some nights Expedia is showing no inventory because of a minimum stay requirement but some posters got rooms on PL for those nights.

Disney may also limit inventory available to some of the booking sources. I'd check with Disney directly, if CRO says the hotel is sold out I'd think the chances of "winning" the hotel on PL are extremely low.

Magnetic said:
I would NOT do it now. There have been NO All Star Priceline rooms showing up past June. Being that these rooms just came up at the end of April, I would check back on the boards around August or so and see if anyone else is getting them during that time. There is a great calendar linked in this thread showing the dates everyone has been successful, and NONE of them have been outside May or June.

Disney putting rooms on Priceline is brand new, and there is no way to know if they will do it again, or not, or when.

Thank you for the info :thumbsup2
It is what I was thinking :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter