All I Want For Christmas Is an Okapi, a Dinosaur, a Herd of Elephants and ...

Joining in!! :goodvibes Glad to hear that you found your wallet fairly easily! You guys are definitely brave to go to MK on Christmas day!! :eek:

Definitely joining in!! Can't wait to read all about your Christmas trip!!

There is nothing worse than scrambling for lost essentials when you are on a timeline! :sad2:

I would love to spend Christmas Day that way. My DH won't give in on that one though. He thinks we need to be at home on holidays. I can understand that because I am a traditionalist too, but sometimes it would be nice to skip all the family drama associated with the holidays and go to my happy place.

Interesting reading material you had there. :laughing: I could probably entertain myself with the Shutterbug one, but the muscle mag would just make me depressed about how out of shape I am. I would have left that one behind. :laughing:

I'm here! And I made it just in time for the first installment. Glad you found your wallet and that Bella didn't get too far before you spotted her. That's two disasters avoided.....looks like you had some Christmas miracles happening there! :goodvibes

Oh dear! Poor Bella losing her mingo....:sad1: But good thing Bella wasn't lost! And good thing you hadn't lost your ID's and such MeMom! :thumbsup2 Otherwise it seems like the trip was going pretty well! I'm excited to hear more!:thumbsup2

I forgot to say I like the reading material you were offered! I am sure I would have been offered one of my dad's many Jeep or car magazines. :laughing: And I am so glad you located everything! There is nothing worse than that cold panic that sets in when you realize something important isn't where it should be.

We have stayed in the Play-Doh building, too. We like anything 50's through 70's better than the 80's and 90's, but it easy to get to the bus stop from some of the 80's buildings, so that's a plus.

I wonder if we will come to love other resorts in the future and feel as much at home at them as we do at Pop?

We've stayed in the 80's and 90's, and stayed in the 70's the past couple times, and definitely liked the 70's locations better. This time, we requested preferred rooms again, but didn't request any specific location. And I am SO sentimental that I can't imagine feeling as much at home at another resort as I do at Pop. I could seriously go on and on about how much I love it there. :lovestruc It was also VERY exciting to walk around one day taking pictures, and spy on the AoA suites construction. I am so psyched to have another area of Pop to explore when we go back next year!

Yeah for found ID's!! Broken computers are the pits, but you don't need one to get on an airplane... like the ID!

I WANT TO GO TO WDW at Christmas... and see the different trees and hotel decorations! Some day I hope. Until then, I will just have to live vicariously thru your pictures.

How nice to be offered another option for you old Pop Century pros! And lucky for Jill to spot Bella escaping! I remember seeing that on FB! Whew on all these things - finding your DL is a VERY IMPORTANT task!

Love the shopping pictures!! And thank you for including the ONE of you!!

What an exciting start! I'm sooooo glad Jill found your wallet.:thumbsup2

We staying the jukebox section in 2009, on the second floor facing the parking lot. Just a little trivia, the jukebox and several other icons were made here in Louisiana, just across the Mississippi from Baton Rouge. One of my customers was a foreman of the crew and went down there to help install. He now a preacher.

Can't wait too see the MK dressed up for Christmas!

Thanks, everyone, for stopping long enough to get the group picture. The lights were especially beautiful this year. I am glad Jarvis got to see them.

The lights were really pretty this year! I love to look at them!!

And I like to watch my girl and my girl's girls immersed in the magic. :lovestruc

Glad I got that picture of Bella holding the box Mingo was in as quickly as I did.

May he rest in peace. :sad1:

I thought that was the Mingo!!! Poor Mingo!!

We had a good time. I loved my family time, and we all enjoyed seeing DIS friends.

It was nice seeing you too!

The DIS is giving me fits this afternoon. Finally over here.

There is a not so hidden Poolrat with Jill and Bella. I had to look twice. :lmao:

Poor mingo. :sad2:

I thought I saw a hidden Poolrat!!!

We love having our DIS buds come back again and again. :)

I can't say the report will be fabulous, but seeing Disney at Christmas again certainly was. I loved seing all the huge trees again.

I loved seeing all the trees too!

I was scrolling through the pictures while Jill was on the phone, and I noticed the Hidden Poolrat.

Poor Bella. She wanted to hold that mingo so tight - she didn't even want me to take a picture of it. Little did we know...:rolleyes1 I wish I had gotten a good picture.

:thumbsup2

It was good to meet you. It was dark on NYE. I can't see in the dark. You guys were there, and then you weren't!

I am glad you got to spend some good old Marc and Anita throughout the trip. :thumbsup2

Poolrat, Lauren, Ricky, and I were sitting on the beach in the chairs watching the fireworks. I'm glad I got to meet you too! I should've talked to you more on NYE though! Next time!!!! It was good seeing Anita and Marc too!! :)

I decided to go to the gym, and do a bit of shopping today, even talked to a certain MeMom today and look how late I am!!!!

You didn't find any more charms, did you???:rotfl:

I did find another Mingo for Bella, when it gets here, I'll send it on, plus a little something I had for Brook. Now in the meantime there is the box on it's way as of today with the plushies that I forgot to pack in December and a little something for MeMom who doesn't tell her friend about the new TR...:rolleyes1

glad you found another mingo for Bella!! She will be excited!

Oh, my! What a whirlwind departure! Thank goodness you were able to find your wallet before you left! Too funny about the reading material your boys offered to loan you. Somehow, I don't quite see you reading either one. LOL!

John, John, John...was he as engrossed in the television show as Brooklyn was when Bella sauntered off? :sad2:

Hurray for heading to the Magic Kingdom!

John, John, John...was he as engrossed in the television show as Brooklyn was when Bella sauntered off? :sad2:

Nope he was playing with his new iPhone. She was almost in Everything Pop by the time I spotted her. She was walking at a leisurely pace until she saw me coming and then she took off like Dash Incredible.

Nope he was playing with his new iPhone. She was almost in Everything Pop by the time I spotted her. She was walking at a leisurely pace until she saw me coming and then she took off like Dash Incredible.

Oh, no! I can just picture it! :laughing: She definitely needs to run track when she is older!

Oh I HATE that feeling when you lose something! It's the worst!! I'm so glad it was found safe & sound!

And John, John....those kiddos are quick when they want to make a run for it!!

Made it! We'll see how good of a job I do this time keeping up.

YAY you are on your way.

The 'character' pic with :santa: is great.

Sorry to 'interrupt'

I think I missed these two posts earlier. Sorry, friends! We have to have you both joining in regularly, of course. :thumbsup2

Hi Memom and Jill. So glad to be here for a new TR. I am so looking forward to seeing lots of Pop pics. Can't wait for our stay there in a few weeks.

I absolutely hate that sinking panic feeling when you think you have lost something important. Glad that you found your license and that you had looked for it before you got into the airport.

Can't wait for more TR!!!

I always put my little blue pouch in the same place in my purse, so not seeing it there immediately, I knew something was very wrong. I guess I tossed it at my purse rather than placed it carefully inside after I got gas. You cannot know how many times I will be checking it next time!!!

Good! We like having the whole crew here! :woohoo:

joining in once again! love the opening photos!!

How long can we make 2600 pictures last, do you think? ;)

Joining in!! :goodvibes Glad to hear that you found your wallet fairly easily! You guys are definitely brave to go to MK on Christmas day!!

We actually had very easy travel. No crowd at MCO/ME, since most people don't travel on the actual day.

Definitely joining in!! Can't wait to read all about your Christmas trip!!

Wish you could have been with us on the Poly beach for NYE. :goodvibes

There is nothing worse than scrambling for lost essentials when you are on a timeline!

I would love to spend Christmas Day that way. My DH won't give in on that one though. He thinks we need to be at home on holidays. I can understand that because I am a traditionalist too, but sometimes it would be nice to skip all the family drama associated with the holidays and go to my happy place.

Interesting reading material you had there. I could probably entertain myself with the Shutterbug one, but the muscle mag would just make me depressed about how out of shape I am. I would have left that one behind. :laughing:

Christmas in Disney World is fun when you bring your loved ones with you. :thumbsup2 We had a good Christmas Eve together and then had the morning, and we knew the guys were coming in a few days. I do wish Drew could have come, though.

I would have read the photography magazine before the muscle one, but I left them both in the car. I surely know how terribly out of shape I am. In DIStown, we would so have an awesome walking club, and we would all be in great shape! :thumbsup2

I'm here! And I made it just in time for the first installment. Glad you found your wallet and that Bella didn't get too far before you spotted her. That's two disasters avoided.....looks like you had some Christmas miracles happening there!

Hope you get to check in regularly. It was so good seeing you and Erica and the boys at Christmas.

It was funny, because Jill said she thought that little kid looked like Bella, and then she realized it was Bella! :laughing:

Oh dear! Poor Bella losing her mingo...But good thing Bella wasn't lost! And good thing you hadn't lost your ID's and such MeMom! Otherwise it seems like the trip was going pretty well! I'm excited to hear more!

There was only a time or two when it got too crowded for us. Otherwise, things were fairly normal.

Bella's loss was a tough one. Her face was pitiful when she realized what had just happened.

I forgot to say I like the reading material you were offered! I am sure I would have been offered one of my dad's many Jeep or car magazines. And I am so glad you located everything! There is nothing worse than that cold panic that sets in when you realize something important isn't where it should be.

We've stayed in the 80's and 90's, and stayed in the 70's the past couple times, and definitely liked the 70's locations better. This time, we requested preferred rooms again, but didn't request any specific location. And I am SO sentimental that I can't imagine feeling as much at home at another resort as I do at Pop. I could seriously go on and on about how much I love it there. :lovestruc It was also VERY exciting to walk around one day taking pictures, and spy on the AoA suites construction. I am so psyched to have another area of Pop to explore when we go back next year!

Since Pop was our first on-site stay, I will always hold it dear in my heart. I do love some of the other resorts, but even if I stay somewhere else, I always visit Pop and feel at home there.

Yeah for found ID's!! Broken computers are the pits, but you don't need one to get on an airplane... like the ID!

I WANT TO GO TO WDW at Christmas... and see the different trees and hotel decorations! Some day I hope. Until then, I will just have to live vicariously thru your pictures.

I hope you do get to go at Christmas. There are thousands of things to see in the parks and resorts, and it's all so pretty!

How nice to be offered another option for you old Pop Century pros! And lucky for Jill to spot Bella escaping! I remember seeing that on FB! Whew on all these things - finding your DL is a VERY IMPORTANT task!

Love the shopping pictures!! And thank you for including the ONE of you!!

Yeah, I just mentioned that I had stayed there twice, and she asked if I wanted something different. Jill has not stayed in Roger Rabbit, so it would have been okay to stay there, but we seem to like 50's, 60's, and 70's better than the computer pool area.

What an exciting start! I'm sooooo glad Jill found your wallet.

We staying the jukebox section in 2009, on the second floor facing the parking lot. Just a little trivia, the jukebox and several other icons were made here in Louisiana, just across the Mississippi from Baton Rouge. One of my customers was a foreman of the crew and went down there to help install. He now a preacher.

Can't wait too see the MK dressed up for Christmas!

It sure was a feeling of great relief when she walked in the front door holding up that blue pouch! :thumbsup2

It was nice seeing you too!

I thought I saw a hidden Poolrat!!!

Poolrat, Lauren, Ricky, and I were sitting on the beach in the chairs watching the fireworks. I'm glad I got to meet you too! I should've talked to you more on NYE though! Next time!!!! It was good seeing Anita and Marc too!!

glad you found another mingo for Bella!! She will be excited!

I guess when you have comfy chairs, you better keep them. We'll have to bring a bunch of them up by the room next time.

I am glad you got to have the nice dinner(s) with Marc and Anita. They are good folks.

Oh, my! What a whirlwind departure! Thank goodness you were able to find your wallet before you left! Too funny about the reading material your boys offered to loan you. Somehow, I don't quite see you reading either one. LOL!

John, John, John...was he as engrossed in the television show as Brooklyn was when Bella sauntered off?

Hurray for heading to the Magic Kingdom!

He was testing out his new Christmas toy. He didn't have to worry about Brooklynn. She wasn't going to move. Bella watches TV for a minute, but then she's off to explore.

Oh, no! I can just picture it! She definitely needs to run track when she is older!

Go ahead and clear a spot on the mantle for trophies. ;)

Oh I HATE that feeling when you lose something! It's the worst!! I'm so glad it was found safe & sound!

And John, John....those kiddos are quick when they want to make a run for it!!

He learned his lesson, I bet.

The funny thing is, he was worried about me taking Brooklynn to WDW in October and losing her, so he had to swallow a little pride for a minute there. :laughing:

In his defense, sometimes it takes all three of us to corral Bella, especially at bus stops. She darts, so we form a fence on all sides of her with our bodies, strollers, etc. :goodvibes

Wow, I am here and on page 7!!! :scared1: Whew, I am late to everything.

Glad your wallet was found MeMom! I remembered reading that on FB. I hate to lose something.

Whew, Bella is fast! Poor John playing with his phone. Thank goodness Jill diverted that disaster.

I was going to comment about how precious Bella was in the introduction photo with the characters when it dawned on me that all the characters was in it. I bet that means you had something special happen at Epcot that day!!! I can't wait to see if I am right. :rolleyes1

Yay for a Christmas/NY report! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures, the great shopping, and see those precious little girls that everyone has come to adore! :goodvibes

Our 2009 trip, the first for my husband and 6 year old and my first since high school, we stayed in the jukebox building on the backside. We were there for the week after Thanksgiving, and it was nothing short of a dream trip with all of the Christmas decor and magic. It will always hold a special place in our hearts. :lovestruc

Yikes on the lost pouch, I would have had a nervous breakdown right there!! :lmao:

So glad Bella was caught in the nick of time! What an independent little lady you have on your hands Jill!

Looking forward to more!
Kelli

I'm always so terrified of losing something on a trip. I'm completely neurotic about checking to make sure I have everything. I probably check and re-check my bags about 5 times before we go to the airport. And then I check my park bag about a million times during the day to make sure nothing has jumped out.

Seeing those Magical Express pictures just got me all excited :hyper: I found the whole ME music loop on youtube the other day. This is part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lauATHP1aAg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter