ALL CANADIAN DISNEY STORES TO CLOSE

For anyone that's bought on ShopDisney and shipped to thier Canadian addresses, have you had to pay customs/duty fees? Everything I've had shipped from the US up here since the pandemic started has not been charged for me, but I read on another forum that the shipping method used by Disney is more likely to be charged. What have your experiences been?

I’ve paid duty and brokerage fees every time. I stopped shipping to my home and started using a US address however at the beginning of the year I ordered stuff I wanted immediately so decided to take the hit and pay the duty and brokerage. Not again though. I have many, many packages waiting for me to pick up when the border finally opens though, lol.

Edmonton has two Disney stores. Last week, two of my friends asked an employee (at different store locations) if the rumours of store closings were true, and in both cases the employee said the rumours were false. Most likely, this is a case of employees "whistling past the graveyard" and hoping stores stay open. Sadly, I think the most likely scenario is that all Canadian locations will be closed by fall.

I read somewhere (I can't remember where, and have no idea if it is true) that the Disney store at West Edmonton Mall is the most profitable store in Canada, so for now I'm choosing to live in a Fantasyland where the WEM location stays open.
The one I talked to at WEM just said "we haven't heard anything yet". I really hope against hope that the profitable WEM store sticks around. It is, after all, great bragging rights to have a popular store in the biggest attraction in Western Canada.

I'm really hoping the Vaughan Mills once opens back up at least for a short time!! They should be allowed to open when we reach Phase 2 "allegedly" on July 2.

Bumping this up because it's official, at least here in BC. All three Disney stores will be closing on or before July 14 2021:guilty::(

we were at the one in Guilford last weekend and ask the guy at the door and he said he did not hear anything about that store closing. unless they are unable to talk about it

we were at the one in Guilford last weekend and ask the guy at the door and he said he did not hear anything about that store closing. unless they are unable to talk about it
Apparently all the stores were notified yesterday. It's now up on their website for all 3 lower mainland stores, closing on or before July 14 2021. Someone posted they just went to the Vancouver store and the entire store is 20% off so I assume that will be the case with the other two.

Apparently all the stores were notified yesterday. It's now up on their website for all 3 lower mainland stores, closing on or before July 14 2021. Someone posted they just went to the Vancouver store and the entire store is 20% off so I assume that will be the case with the other two.

booo

i guess its time to do some more shopping then.

This makes me so sad... I never did make it over to do a little shopping. I wonder if Disney will figure out something for us to shop off their site and not pay such an insane amount for shipping etc.

I just called the Vaughn Mills Disney Store and they will be open tomorrow! I asked if they will be closing along with the other stores in Canada and the cast member I spoke with said that they are not planning that any time soon (what ever int he heck that means!) so for now they are open!

I just called the Vaughn Mills Disney Store and they will be open tomorrow! I asked if they will be closing along with the other stores in Canada and the cast member I spoke with said that they are not planning that any time soon (what ever int he heck that means!) so for now they are open!

Might pop in to a store with the kids tomorrow 🙂

I asked a cast member here in Calgary about this and she said it wasn't true and that it was just a rumour.

same thing at Vaughn Mills in Ontario… was there Saturday and mentioned it to the worker and they said they hadn’t heard anything… so I am guessing they are being told not to acknowledge it … or maybe some are being kept open longer to sell the remaining stock of the stores that close earlier… but then again who really knows

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!