ALL CANADIAN DISNEY STORES TO CLOSE

I am hopeful that they will come up with something soon for shopDisney that it is more affordable and reasonable for Canadians. With that being said, I think I need to do a road trip for one last visit to a store. I heard locations are starting with 20% off all merchandise this week already.

I am hopeful that they will come up with something soon for shopDisney that it is more affordable and reasonable for Canadians. With that being said, I think I need to do a road trip for one last visit to a store. I heard locations are starting with 20% off all merchandise this week already.

My wife and daughters briefly stopped in yesterday at the Edmonton Kingsway Mall location, and said everything was 20% off. It appears, though, that some prices are way higher than what they were pre-covid. For example, my wife said the regular price of t-shirts was around $40, which seems extremely high to me.

I'm going to drop by the Edmonton WEM location this afternoon, so I'll report back later today on what I discover.

We will be stopping by the one at Vaughan Mills in two weeks or so when we are in Toronto, I think that one is remaining open? Doubt there will be any sales but we can at least get our Disney souvenir fix for this year :)

So sad to see there will be no Disney Stores left in Alberta. Everytime I went they were pretty packed with a lineup to pay. I do not see how they did not do well enough to stay open. Will try to make it to the one in Calgary before its closed for good!!!

I am hopeful that they will come up with something soon for shopDisney that it is more affordable and reasonable for Canadians
YES! I hope so too. I was having a browse on shopDisney yesterday to see if anything had changed to entice us to come and shop online, and nothing yet.
AND THEN! I got a little popup asking me to fill in their little questionnaire - so I did. And gave them some feedback on WHY I won't be completing my purchase today.

A friend is visiting the Hamilton store today to see what's up and how the sales are and if there's much left.
Some of the stores may be closing as soon as August 6th :(

Went to the Yorkdale store, I was told they will stay open until they sell out...by the looks of it, that will most likely be by the end of this weekend:(

YES! I hope so too. I was having a browse on shopDisney yesterday to see if anything had changed to entice us to come and shop online, and nothing yet.
AND THEN! I got a little popup asking me to fill in their little questionnaire - so I did. And gave them some feedback on WHY I won't be completing my purchase today.

A friend is visiting the Hamilton store today to see what's up and how the sales are and if there's much left.
Some of the stores may be closing as soon as August 6th :(

Please report back on the Hamilton store!

I just returned from the Edmonton WEM location. Everything is 20% off, but that still leaves prices fairly high.

I checked out adult t-shirts, and the regular prices are either $36.99 or $37.99, so even with a 20% discount that is still a lot to pay for a t-shirt. There were a few nice Mickey and Donald designs I hadn't seen before, so I may buy a few if the discount gets increased to 40%.

I saw one exceptional deal. Masks have been reduced to $2 each, or $1.60 plus tax after the discount. I may buy one or two, not as a Disney souvenir but as a COVID souvenir. Although, to be honest, I don't think I want to be reminded of what we have gone through during the past 18 months.

Please report back on the Hamilton store!
Long lines to get in but line is moving fast. About a 30 minute wait to get in. Lots of stuff left but who knows for how much longer with the number of people going through. Still 20% storewide.
What Prince John said :)
My friend was a little disappointed, but still managed to grab some stuff.

I was at Yorkdale today. I waited about 15 mins to get in. I didn't buy much... prices are full price with just the 20% off. Mask are a great deal though $1.00 each plus 20% so only eighty cents each.

Rats. We went to the Edmonton WEM store yesterday and paid $1.60 each for masks. We was robbed...

We did pick out some t-shirts and beach towels that we'll purchase if the discount rises to 40%, but overall there are no exceptional deals to be had.

I went to the West Edmonton Mall location today. I was shocked to see it so empty- the ENTIRE back wall was cleaned out, and almost every single doll had been sold. Only the "Shelfwarmers" (Tiana, Pocahontas, Cinderella) were still there, and only on one tiny little shelf in the middle of the store. All of their mannequins and displays are down already.

Pretty stunning- they announced the closures Monday and only 4 days later it's 30-40% empty? I should have been by earlier, but I'd already had most of what I wanted (I've been shopping regularly, even stuff I'm on the fence about, partly in anticipation of possible closures and to keep the stores in the black... didn't work). Still, it would have been nice to see the store "in good health" one last time. This time you can tell it's in clearance mode.

The workers there told me they'd had people come all the way from B.C. & Saskatchewan to pick up stuff, as the B.C. stores were already done. Even at only a 20% discount, it's been wildly "successful" as sales go, with almost anything good gone already. Heck, they finally sold out of all their Raya and the Last Dragon dolls, which could have been major shelfwarmers!

I think the only stuff I might have wanted to get were the solo Anna & Elsa dolls from F2- these had slightly different (ie. cheaper and less detailed) clothes than the ones in the two-doll set and the "Nokk" one.

I wasn't quite as sad as I expected to be. I guess anticipation had been there that it could close since April... and the store had honestly gone way downhill since 2019. The video wall being shut down actually made the place seem more dull, never mind the deliberately thinned-out crowds and how there was never anything special or unique there anymore (since there were no more limited edition dolls and such). So by the time I fully got the news, I had been guessing it for months, and the store hadn't been near what it was at the peak anyhow. Like it died by a thousand cuts or something. I think the peak for the Disney Store may have been the year they came out with deluxe Limited Edition dolls for the Double-Sets (Ariel/Triton and stuff), Elena of Avalor, and Olaf's Frozen Adventure all in the same calendar year- now THAT was a haul!

Kind of said my goodbyes to the workers there- some of whom I've been seeing for ages. I'll probably be there a time or two before they're fully done, but they probably won't last all the way to Aug. 18th. They had a solid presence of like 7-8 people. But the DS team here is VAST- one admitted to me once there were like 50 employees at that location, though they never offer full-time. I don't even know which one was the manager (there used to be that one tall, very stoic guy who worked there, but I haven't seen him in years).

Now I'll probably never know what happened to a couple of them I always used to talk to- the younger guy with the glasses and the one blonde girl who knew stuff about Duck Tales! They also vanished years ago and I figured it would be weird to ask. So if any of them are reading this, the bald dude who always had a Lion King or Disney Store bag and was in the mall every Saturday remembered y'all!

I was at the Kingsway location a few days ago- they have a lot more stuff, including some of the dolls I didn't have... and I never once noticed that these stores have Edmonton-centric wallpaper, lol.

I mean, they have silhouettes of a bunch of Disney characters, with local landmarks behind them! The Rutherford library, the botanical gardens, the old bridge, etc.! In like 20 years of shopping here I never saw their post-reno wallpaper! And apparently WEM's location has different images. Kind of crazy, considering how much attention I tried to pay when wandering around these stores looking for stuff.

We ended up buying nicer Disney tshirts at Old Navy than they had at the Disney store. They were cheaper too despite the 20% off at Disney store. I don't intend to use shopdisney much unless they figure out the shipping.

Wow that was fast. I was hoping a better discount would be offered and then I’d check it out…that 20% was nothing due to the excessive markup over USD price.

West Edmonton Mall store is closed now. Kingsway is still open, not a ton of stuff left, and still only 20% off.
Yeah I went to WEM on Saturday and it was already closed- they made it till noon Friday before everything was sold.

Kingsway will close tomorrow, most likely- I was in there today and talked to the staff (five people working in a mostly empty store, lol- Disney always did like to stock up on staff). I came in for one last visit, knowing it would be my last.

I was telling them about when I first moved to Edmonton- I wasn't crazy about Disney yet, but I'd still check out the store periodically, looking at their old style things (Goofy and the gang as moving statues out front) and back when they had Power Rangers taking up the "Boy Side" as Marvel wasn't there yet. And that big mountain of stuffed animals and the big "multiple TVs" screen that always had a few TVs burnt out, lol.

Crazy to think that once I considered a major thing keeping me in Edmonton was having two Disney Stores in town. At least we have several decent malls... but with one more brick & mortar store gone, who knows how long I'll even find these appealing? I mean, most people don't spend a half-hour in a Disney store per week, but I was a special case :). That's a huge part of my routine gone. I wonder if I'll even go to Kingsway anymore- I had mostly stopped shopping here once WEM got every kind of store they had, but better, finding this mall only okay due to it keeping the good Disney merch for several weeks longer owing to it being less busy. Now? I dunno- it's easier to get to than WEM but not really worth it.

Upper Canada Mall closed last weekend...sign said till the 18th or earlier,,well it was earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter