All About Honeymoons

buf68 said:
so ya, i haven't really posted in here much, but i've been lurking for a long time. DF and i are disneymooning in august this year! (2 months from tomorrow!!!) I'm like more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding at this point (which is a sin, i know lol, but i LOVE disney). DF has never been to disney and i'm so excited to take him there for the first time. We talked about a lot of places for our honeymoon, but i said "hey let's go around the world, it'll be fun" ;) I can't wait! We only have ADRs for CRT for lunch one day (he's a picture freak and will want daytime pictures from the castle i'm sure). I am just so excited. We are stayin at POR which is actually my first time staying onsite for the whole week (my family and i stayed at the swan for one night on our last trip). I love hearing all the stories about past honeymoon's and romantic things you've done, so keep them coming! :Pinkbounc

You'll have to keep us posted on POR, it will be my first time staying there in October for our honeymoon!

As for the post mentioning the carriage rides you can call 407-WDW-PLAY (I think, if not its the recreation number that you can get from the website). When I booked my ADRs the wonderful agent I had spoke to me about the rides at POR. They can be booked 90 days in advance and I believe they are around 30 minutes.

DH and I got married 11/20/2004 in our hometown, and left the next morning for our 9 day/ 8 night Disneymoon. We stayed at the WL and had a WONDERFUL time. WAAAAYYY too many memories to recall-- some of the best would be:

-Renting a surrey bike at the WL and driving along the path to Fort Wilderness- we had a blast- and it was romantic to boot!

-One day we rode the horse drawn trolley up Main Street USA with another couple also wearing wedding ears. Before we knew it, the Barbershop Quartet stopped the trolley--- made us get off and dance at the end of Main Street while they serenaded us with the song "Bella Notte". What a great time!

-We took the Backstage Magic tour one of the days while we were there. At first I was thinking that an 8+ hour tour would be too much to handle. However, both DH and I swear that that day was one of the best days we've ever spent in WDW. So informational- so relaxing!

-Hands down, the best memory I have is from the last night that we were there- we spent it in EPCOT. We really got to take in some of the great Christmas decorations--- and alot of our evening was spent just holding hands and walking around the World Showcase. We grabbed some snacks at the counter service restaurant in Mexico, and snagged one of the tables right on the water for Illuminations. DH sat on the same side of the table as me- behind me, holding me. I remember the sounds, the smells.... and Illuminations had the added Christmas ending--- the song "Let there be Peace on Earth". I sobbed- and big, wet, happy tears rolled down my face. I was so happy, yet sad at the same time that our wonderful honeymoon was coming to an end. We walked hand-in-hand out of the park and both of us promised at that time that we would return as soon as we could.

We spent our first anniversary at POFQ, and an early 2nd anniversary trip is in the workings for this September at the WL on the free dining. To everyone with upcoming Disneymoons--- You're going to have a blast!!! Go, enjoy, and remember to take in every minute, memory, sound, smell and emotion etc...etc... A honeymoon is a once in a lifetime event!

:Pinkbounc I want a mini cake! We are taking a delayed disneymoon on 9/20-9/26 :banana: I cannot wait! It will be our first time onsite and his first time in 20 years!!! I love the idea of ordering basket to be delivered to our room and I would love to get a mini cake! I have most of our ADR's Jiko's, ohana, Marrakesh, SciFi and i need one more. I cannot wait :Pinkbounc

Hi all...Disneymooning August 23-30 and then a cruise to St.Thomas/St.Maarten for 8 days!! I am so excited about the Disney part!! We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Concierge after much deliberation...we were going to stay at the Poly but I fell in LOVE with the WL and we switched. I got my passporter a few weeks ago and I've had a blast going through it and planning everything out!!

I'm really excited to go!!! Tomorrow (June 16th) WL is going to be on Great Hotels on the travel channel!!! 12:30 eastern time!! I've seen it already but I love to see our hotel on tv!!

I got my Minnie Ears at mouseshoppe.com...the beanie hat not the headband. Headbands of any kind start up terrible migraines, which render me nearly unconscious for most of the day...so YAY beanie ears!!!

This thread was a great idea!!! :cheer2:

congrats to everyone!!!

We are doing a 2 part honeymoon... we leave on Sunday June18th to cruise the southern caribbean on the carnival Destiny... then when we dock on June 25th, we are off to WDW for 4 days!! :Pinkbounc I am soooo excited!!! :Pinkbounc I am wondering if I buy the "wedding ears" if I can get my husband to wear them???

I am a huge Disney fan and I have never been to WDW...as much as I want to go on the cruise.. I would be happy to skip that and go right to Disney!!!! Do you think I will be funny looks if I want my picture will every character I see?? I just love all the characters... :worship:

ElleBelle said:
DH and I got married 11/20/2004 in our hometown, and left the next morning for our 9 day/ 8 night Disneymoon. We stayed at the WL and had a WONDERFUL time. WAAAAYYY too many memories to recall-- some of the best would be:

-Renting a surrey bike at the WL and driving along the path to Fort Wilderness- we had a blast- and it was romantic to boot!

-One day we rode the horse drawn trolley up Main Street USA with another couple also wearing wedding ears. Before we knew it, the Barbershop Quartet stopped the trolley--- made us get off and dance at the end of Main Street while they serenaded us with the song "Bella Notte". What a great time!

-We took the Backstage Magic tour one of the days while we were there. At first I was thinking that an 8+ hour tour would be too much to handle. However, both DH and I swear that that day was one of the best days we've ever spent in WDW. So informational- so relaxing!

-Hands down, the best memory I have is from the last night that we were there- we spent it in EPCOT. We really got to take in some of the great Christmas decorations--- and alot of our evening was spent just holding hands and walking around the World Showcase. We grabbed some snacks at the counter service restaurant in Mexico, and snagged one of the tables right on the water for Illuminations. DH sat on the same side of the table as me- behind me, holding me. I remember the sounds, the smells.... and Illuminations had the added Christmas ending--- the song "Let there be Peace on Earth". I sobbed- and big, wet, happy tears rolled down my face. I was so happy, yet sad at the same time that our wonderful honeymoon was coming to an end. We walked hand-in-hand out of the park and both of us promised at that time that we would return as soon as we could.

We spent our first anniversary at POFQ, and an early 2nd anniversary trip is in the workings for this September at the WL on the free dining. To everyone with upcoming Disneymoons--- You're going to have a blast!!! Go, enjoy, and remember to take in every minute, memory, sound, smell and emotion etc...etc... A honeymoon is a once in a lifetime event!

The ride down mainstreet with th quartet sounds adorable! It sound like you had an absolutely amazing honeymoon. I get more and more excited everyday. We have also planned EPCOT and illuminations as our last night before we leave to go home and I hope it will be every bit as magical as I excpect!

I think that was one of the best things we did!! We had so much fun wearing our ears on our Disneymoon last year!! It also got us lots of special treatment!!

Here are a few of the things that we got to enjoy on our Disneymoon:

-We were given a 'Just Married' balloon when we checked in at POP
-Free preferred 60s section upgrade at POP
-Mousekeeping (I guess it was Mousekeeping) left us a bouquet of Disney Princess Suckers along with our towel zoo on the table. :teeth:
-I can't even count the number of 'active' FASTPASSES that CMs just handed to us during the week
-Front of the Line passes for Test Track and Mission: Space
-Free ice cream (we actually had to start refusing the free ice cream at one point, because we were on the dining plan and needed to use our snack credits!)
-Priority seating tickets for Fantasmic! (Thanks to the manager at Mama Melrose's!-It was a really good area!), and the best seats at Tarzan Rocks, Indiana Jones (we also got to be 'extras' in the show!). CMs would just pull us down to the front and center seats! (This was great because we usually got to all the shows at the last minute!)
-We also got the center window seat at Cinderella's Royal Table (wonderful view of Fantasyland!), and the table was sprinkled with Mickey confetti. At Cinderella's Royal Table, our waiter also gave us a set of Cinderella's Royal Table champagne glasses. They are a very special souvenier.
-Window seats at dinner at Chef Mickey's - with a wonderful view of the castle! We were also given 'It's My Special Day' placemats. And the waitress sang 'Happy Wedding' to us. It was histerical!
-We were given several 'Congratulations!' cards at different places we ate at during the week - Boma, Cinderella's, Chef Mickey's
-We got to ride up front on the monorail several times
-When we picked up our free Magical Wishes button at Downtown Disney (that another CM at Goofy's Candy Co. told us about), the CM there also let us listen to a special wedding congratulations message from Mickey and Minnie!
-Lucky the Dinosaur stopped to talk to us! It was so cool! We're not sure if it was the ears, or just random. This had to be my DH's favorite thing ever. He just loves dinosaurs!! Best of all, we somehow managed to get this on video!!
-At several of the indoor theater attractions, the CM would come up to us and ask our names, then they would announce our marriage over the loud speakers! I know this happened at It's Tough to be a Bug, Muppets, Mickey's Philharmagic, and a couple of others.
-We were given our own boat on Maelstrom, El Rio del Tiempo, Small World, and Pirates of the Caribbean-this was really neat and very romantic!
-Many of the characters in the parades would wave at us and give us the thumbs up or point to their ring fingers. The Fairy Godmother did this right when she was talking about true love. Plus many other characters would make a big deal out of our ears! It was so cute!
-TONS of guests and CMs told us 'Congratulations', and many guests would offer us their seats on the bus, or on the boats or whatnot.

Normally I don't like getting alot of attention like that, but it was really so much fun!! We felt like VIPs the whole week! And DH wants to know if we can reuse the ears!! :teeth:

My goodness! Thank you so much for sharing the list, it's amazing the experience you had for your disneymoon. Even to experience a few of those things would be extrememly wonderful!!!! :bride:

Has anyone stayed in the main building at the GF for their honeymoon? And did you book your honeymoon through the main disney number or is there a special number for honeymooners? I'm not having a disney wedding - just a honeymoon. Thanks!! :bride:

while we were in disney for the first part of our honeymoon, we went to the mandara spa at the dolphin & it was just fabolous. we did the couples massage treatment, it started with a private hot tub with arometherapy & candles then we moved to the second room where we had side by side massages, it was so relaxing & romantic.

61565spa.jpg

we were at WDW from April 25-May 5th. we just went out to a beach south of Cocoa Beach and got married there. It was beautiful!! I had my ds5 there w/us. It was so nice to leave WDW, drive an hour, get married, and head back to WDW :)!!!

the3ofus.jpg

kennyandi.jpg

We got some wonderful pix... but it took awhile to get them!! We had some wonderful adr's. CRT, Ohana, LeCellier, Yachtsman, Narcoossees to name a few... several gave us complimentary glasses of champagne, or certificates... different things... it was so magical! We didn't wear the ears, or pins or anything. I just told them when I booked. It was perfect :) Good luck to all of you pixiedust:

Our Disneymoon is also this october and also at POR- seems to be a popular choice. We booked a package with a dinning plan, and for anyone who hasn't finished planning this is a great way to go. Our ADR are for Cali Grill, (wishes fireworks view), Holywood brown Derby, (there is a fantasmic! dinner special where you get a meal at HBD and priority seating for Fantasmic!- ask a reservationist). Also LeCellier, Rose & Crown, (I heard the patio offers a good view of illuminations)we may also eat at Chefs de France but just aren't sure. Any suggestions? FYI- at disney shopping web site you can order personalized T-shirts and sweatshirts with bride/groom minnie & mickey- for those who don't like mouse ears. (they are about 5-10bucks!) OR for super DisneyDorks who want to wear both! We are the latter. :Pinkbounc

CastleLight said:
Has anyone stayed in the main building at the GF for their honeymoon? And did you book your honeymoon through the main disney number or is there a special number for honeymooners? I'm not having a disney wedding - just a honeymoon. Thanks!! :bride:

hi! I booked my disneymoon through AAA. I think *someone corect me if wrong* that you just book like a normal vaction, but say you want a honeymoon room at the GF. we "requested" a rectangular room b/c we want a castle view and a balcony. good luck!

CastleLight said:

I just got back from the Main Building. I am uploading my pics now, so I will post them ASAP... :banana:

Four days till we leave!!!

We had our wedding in May at Disney & now we are leaving for our disneymoon Saturday. We had my stepdaughter & stepson stay with us during the wedding week at Disney and my husband is deploying to Iraq in a few months so off we go on our "kid free" disneymoon - us alone!!!!!!

I ordered a gift basket from A perfect Gift to be waiting in our stateroom to suprise my hubby!!! Shhh it's a suprise!

Saturday - Staying at a hotel in Port Canaveral
Sunday - Depart on the Wonder
Monday - Nassau, Bahamas - Atlantis tour & shopping
Tuesday - Castaway Cay - parasailing and jet ski eco tour
Wednesday - Day at Sea - Brunch at Palo
Thursday - Disembark, drive to Beach Club - Lunch at Kona Cafe
Friday - Animal Kingdom then dinner at The Concourse Steakhouse & Wishes Cruise just the 2 of us
Saturday - Couples Massage @ Mandara Spa at the Dolphin Hotel
Sunday - Relax & a late flight home

Anything I missed or anyone have any good ideas to make the trip more romantic??? He just thinks we are going on the cruise & using our AP's again to go Park Hopping!!!

:cool1: :goodvibes :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Me and my wife are going to be at Saratoga Springs, December 15th through the 28th. We are looking forward to spending our honeymoon/anniversary at the park with Mickey and gang. Hope to see some of you there. :thumbsup2

DisGirl, we are going at the same time! Yay! I am soooooo excited. I registered for this site just so I could talk about my disneymoon. We are staying offsite, but I think I still get to call it a disneymoon, don't I?? My parents gave us their timeshare for a week so we're saving a lot of money... more money that we can spend in the parks!

We're also going to swim with dolphins at discovery cove... and then after the week of oct 2-7 we're going to daytona for a week to relax on the beach at FH's parents' condo. Is it bad that I'm looking forward more to the honeymoon than the wedding?? :) :) :) :bounce: :love: :Pinkbounc

Katie,

I hope you have an awesome time which i knowyou will. Take lots of pictures

Best Wishes

Kim

My DF and I are getting married on 9/9/06 and are staying the WL from 9/11 to 9/18. I was wondering about the ears... Where can I can I get them? They sound like so much fun and I know that my DF will love the attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter