All About Honeymoons

Disgirl83

Disney Bound
Hi everybody. I absolutely love looking at everone's magical weddings and their amazinf photos; however, I find there is little on this post for those of us that are doing honeymoons only.

Let's see if we can get a post going to talk about Honeymoons and things like special tips, what to do, if you did anything special, and anything else that made the honeymoon absolutely unforgettable.

I'll be honeymooning October 8th-14th and am soo excited. I hope everybody else helps with this post for all those Disney honeymoon only goers.

Thanks!!!

Hi! I am in the same boat as you Disgirl83. I am having my ceremony in my home town and then honeymooning at Disney. I will be there from December 18-January 1st. The idea of this thread is a great one. I hope everyone contributes!!

I am planning my honeymoon right now, and I am trying to plan different great ADR's that will be romantic. Also, i want to have something waiting in the room when we get there to surprise him, and since we will have a view of the castle, we will be able to see wishes from our balcony!

I am also spending my honeymoon at Disney. We will be there from Oct 9-16th. We are not having the ceremony there, but we did get engaged on Main Street! Does anyone know how the crowds are at this time?

I got married 2 weeks ago at Disney & our Disneymoon is July 16th....4 nights DCL & 3 nights POR. I have ADR's at Le Cellier, California Grill & trying to decide on a character breakfast.

We met working in a local amusement park, had a carousel horse theme for our wedding in my hometown, then honeymooned at Disney in 2000. We did a lot of neat stuff since it was just the two of us!

I'm so glad all of you are posting!

So far we have reservations at POR. We're in the process of choosing all of our diner locations (just soo many to choose from). It's hard when you've been to decide to return to the restaurants you love or try something new.

My fiance is a big outdoorsman and as my gift to him we are going to do the fishing charter one morning. I know he will really appreciate that!

I can't wait to get some great pictures on here!

We'll be honeymooning at Disney October 11-14, then on the 15th we go on a 4 night Disney Wonder Cruise.

We have ADRs for CRT and Le Cellier. To make fiance happy we are going to Disney Quest for part of a day and then enjoying MNSSHP that night. Since we're only in the parks for a few days we don't have anything else planned.

Most of the time I'm much more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding!

We were married where we live, and then we honeymooned at Disney 9 months later. We waited because we wanted to spend our first married Christmas alone, so we spent it at the World! :)

We wore our bride and groom ears every day of our trip, which got us a LOT of "Congratulations!" from everyone we passed! We were given a lot of special treatment at restaurants (at Tony's Town Square, we were seated within 2 minutes even though we didn't have a PS, and there were at least 30 people waiting for tables! and when we got to our table, they'd decorated it with Mickey confetti and had the entire restaurant sing "That's Amore" to us!!). We were sent to the front of the line for some rides, and on Splash Mountain, they gave us our own log 7 out of the 8 times we rode!

We had such a wonderful time, we couldn't imagine having honeymooned anywhere else on earth! This summer will be our first time back to WDW since our honeymoon in 2003, and DH keeps asking if we can wear our bride and groom ears again!! :rotfl: He's so bad. ;)

Congrats and have wonderful Disneymoons, everyone! :teeth:

I will be disneymooning in early June 2007. Does anyone know if the 2007 package prices are out yet? I know that the room rates are up, but I just need to know if I have to get my butt to AAA to finish planning stuff!!

We will be honeymooning at Disney Oct. 4-11 and staying at the Caribbean Beach. We have adr's at Concourse Steakhouse, Le Cellier, Narcoossee's, Coral Reef, Ohana's, Sci-Fi (DF wanted this one), and Shutters (for the night of MNSSHP). We are not having our wedding at Disney, but my theme is Cinderella. A few of you will be there the same time as us. I'll be looking for the ears!! :goodvibes

MissKris721 said:
I will be disneymooning in early June 2007. Does anyone know if the 2007 package prices are out yet? I know that the room rates are up, but I just need to know if I have to get my butt to AAA to finish planning stuff!!

I am also disneymooning in June'07. 2007 packages are not yet available. I did book the 4 night Disney cruise that we are taking to end the trip

FYI- we are going 6/19-6/24- staying at the GF- hope to see you there! :wave2:

::MickeyMo

I'll be Disneymooning July 2007. I've been waiting for a thread like this and I don't know why I simply didn't start it myself. I'm doing most of the planning myself, because I want to have some surprises for my fiancee when we get there. I'd love to do a fireworks cruise by ourselves, as well as a few other things that will make it the best visit to WDW for either of us.

If you have any ideas you'd like to share, I'm all ears... ::MickeyMo

Ragnrok23 said:
FYI- we are going 6/19-6/24- staying at the GF- hope to see you there! :wave2:

Yay, we're going to be there at the same time! We are going June 20-30, 2007. We are getting married at WDW on the 25th :goodvibes I'll look for your ears!

JJClemson said:
Yay, we're going to be there at the same time! We are going June 20-30, 2007. We are getting married at WDW on the 25th :goodvibes I'll look for your ears!

Congratulations! :banana:
hope I see you there
I have to tell my DF about the lime green :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the mini wedding cakes can be delivered to rooms at Pop Century? I'd love to surprise DH2B with something like that. Also does anyone know the number to call to purchase the bride and groom ears before arriving so they are in the hotel room? thanks for any help.

I am glad that other people are working on their disneymoons too. We are getting married in Iowa in Oct 07 but we are delaying the honeymoon for Jan 07. I have to admit I am obsessed! Have I called the church this week? no Have I bought my wedding dress yet? no Have I read posts during my lunch at work? YES EVERYDAY!!!! I am terrible! I just want to elope and take a longer honeymoon! :yay:

We are getting married at Disney's Wedding Pavilion and are spending our two-week honeymoon in Disney as well. We have lots of things planned; we have a day at Discovery Cove swimming with the dolphins, ADRs at CRT, Le Cellier and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and Dinner (different days!). We both like racing, so one day we will go to Daytona Beach and watch the 500. We also might book the wishes cruise for one night.

Sounds like you all have got some great dinners planned. I think this weekend we will be making ours (assuming they aren't booked up). The problem is trying to narrow them down.

I think one night we may go eat somewhere at the Boardwalk and take in Jellyrolls, the dueling pianos sound really fun. Has anybody went there before? Also, do you all recommend any particular club at Pleasure Island. We aren't the biggest partiers in the world but would like to throw in a little being "adults" into the Disney vacation.

I can't wait to get our ears! They look soo cute!

I don't know if you can get cakes made and sent to the rooms or not. I know from reading some of these threads you can order from Disney Florist for things like flowers and balloons and have them delivered to the room. I think that would be a really nice touch because you would have a whole week to enjoy them.

We are going to be in Disney from Dec 16 to 28, we are getting married on the 21. The first part of the vacation has been sanctioned for "family time" and we are hoping to have the last week of our time as time together. But I have a feeling that we will want to include the family at that time too... :thumbsup2

As for having a cake delivered to the room, I know you can at the GF. I am think you can at the Pop as well. I am having one sent to our room upon checkin in July. You can get the small personal-sized cake (white with white buttercream, or chocolate with chocolate buttercream) for $12.50 each. There is also the smaller personal-size wedding cakes with the mousses (like one with a white chocolate castle on top) for $25 each. Of course, you can just always get a 10 inch cake (with the mousse) for $45 each...

Hope this helps... :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter