ALL Aboard a WONDERful TR! FEB 2010 - 3/29 Final Ramblings & a PTR!

Way to go! I'm officially excited! Baylor is going to love this cruising business! :banana:

I can feel the excitement! Everything looks so cool. Love the "subtle" Disney touches of the Mickey clock, mickey ear portal etc. Can't wait to hear more about your afternoon. I've always been nervous about cruising but you are already making it sound like a good idea! :rolleyes1

Great start to your TR! I just love those Mickey hands they wave at you. It makes me feel like I'm truly on vacation. A Disney cruise is on my to-do list within the next 3 years; can't wait to hear all about it!

Great start!! I'm excited to learn more about Disney cruises. Congrats on the October Disneyland trip!! :banana:

Thanks!!! Well it was a surprise a little to us as well, We are rolling it into a holiday to San Diego... The cruise was great fun! :thumbsup2

Joining in!

Now back to read :surfweb:

Thanks for coming over!!! ;)

How exciting! I can't wait to read more!

I hope you enjoy it!!!

Way to go! I'm officially excited! Baylor is going to love this cruising business! :banana:

Oh you have plenty to be excited about! Spring break, then SUMMER!!!! just wait until you get back from spring break! This cruise was really fun, and I know this summer you will have a blast!!!!! :yay: I am sure Baylor will LOVE it.

I can feel the excitement! Everything looks so cool. Love the "subtle" Disney touches of the Mickey clock, mickey ear portal etc. Can't wait to hear more about your afternoon. I've always been nervous about cruising but you are already making it sound like a good idea! :rolleyes1

Oh there are SOOO many subtle disney touches on the ship, let me tell you! It was an awesome trip. I remembered why we had so much fun the last time! I would tell you TRY one! In the winter mos. they are really reasonable, and the weather was really nice -- now in the fall it is the same but the weather can be more of a gamble. STILL a short cruise would let you test it out!

Great start to your TR! I just love those Mickey hands they wave at you. It makes me feel like I'm truly on vacation. A Disney cruise is on my to-do list within the next 3 years; can't wait to hear all about it!

YES! I agree! Welcome! It was a lot of fun.

:yay: so excited your started your cruise report.....I feel like you are an author and I am feverishly trying to read all of your sequels to keep up :rotfl2:

Tracy

Once we were on board, the CMs there guided us towards a restaurant on the 9th deck to get lunch. They had two buffet locations that were open for lunch that day. The buffet was nice with good variety. We found a table outside away from the wind and we ate. The sun was out but it was very windy so cooler. When we finished, we still had a little time before the room would be available, so we decided to check out the adult café/bar called Outlook Café. It was amazing! :thumbsup2 We had a great set of cocktails, and relaxed until 1pm. We were on a mission to get a second reservation at Palo’s, and the booking for these excursions and reservations began at 1pm. Palo’s is an adult-only restaurant that has a $15.00 surcharge per person. The food was fabulous and the service wonderful. It has a great atmosphere, and it is worth every penny of that $15.00!!! Now we had already booked a night at Palo’s on our last night of the cruise (I did this before we left, online.) We were hoping to score a second reservation – they only allow each room one reservation, but if you go on the day of embarkation you can either get a second reservation or, get placed on a waiting list to see if an opening comes up. They want to give everyone access and then if there are openings, they will take additional reservations. We were in luck. They offered us a 6:30 seating that night. Now, the 6:30 seating was earlier than our official dinner reservation time, we were on the second seating of the boat for the other dinners, including our second Palo reservation, which was normally 8:15. But we were thrilled to have the extra reservation, and didn’t mind the time change! :yay: With that reservation scored, we were ready to try out our stateroom… Here are the photos! With the porthole window, it is hard to see all the details, but I have more photos along the way.

Cruise2010010.jpg

Cruise2010013.jpg

When we got to our stateroom we had a surprise waiting for us…

Cruise2010011.jpg

Cruise2010012.jpg

Apparently Disney keeps tabs on its guests WAY past the time you travel. Hmmmm like we didn't know this!!! :laughing: When we booked, we were automatically considered “Silver” Castaway Club members on account of the 7 day Caribbean cruise we had taken some 10 years earlier! So SCORE for that! We received this fabulous gift of a nice bag/tote – perfect for the beach! Two drink containers – these were aluminum like the metal water bottles you can buy, a really nice silver key chain with the cruise logo, and TWO flip-flop rice crispy treats…. A Perfect start to the souvenirs for the kids!!! We also had a card indicating we had a $75.00 room credit to our stateroom (this was for booking online and for using our Disney Visa). :woohoo:

A few minutes later the luggage showed up outside our room!

So with our luggage we busied ourselves with un packing and getting organized. DH took his shower right away, here is a photo of the room I took from one angle while DH was in the shower…

Cruise2010014.jpg

Since we still had a little time before the "emergency drill", we headed back up to deck 9 to get some coffee and to take some pictures. I was amazed that people were swimming! These photos were the "kid" pool/families with smaller children....

Cruise2010015.jpg

Cruise2010016.jpg

Cruise2010017.jpg

Cruise2010018.jpg

here is my DH being silly -- he was trying to use his head to "slyly" point out that above him was the biggest "hidden" Mickey on the boat... He laughs aloud every time I mention hidden Mickeys...

Cruise2010019.jpg

Cruise Terminal from above!

Cruise2010020.jpg

This is the mid-ship pool which had a "deck" covering on top. They were putting it in position for the Sail Away party.

Cruise2010021.jpg

Okay, these are silly. DH and I were strolling and all of a sudden he said, "Hey look, we can get a photo together!" With the highly reflective glass we could take a photo of eachother, just for fun!

Cruise2010022.jpg

Cruise2010023.jpg

These are of the ADULT Pool and bar area. This is where we spent most of our time, but I am sure you understand why -- BECAUSE we COULD!!! :lmao:

Cruise2010024.jpg

Cruise2010025.jpg

Cruise2010026.jpg

Soon after we heard the announcement to report to our “emergency drill” location… this was up on Deck 5 and we had to basically report to the proper location and stand there with our life jackets on. I felt silly trying to take a photo, but once the drill was over we headed back to our room and I jumped in the shower.

Now the boat actually sets sail around 4:30, I believe. Well, with us in our state, and wanting to be ready for drinks and some deck time before dinner, we sacrificed attending the Mickey Sail Away party. :eek: I know, I know, but frankly a shower really was what the Dr. ordered, and so, alas, we didn’t make it back on deck to see it. DH had already gotten his, but now I needed to get “dolled up”! :wizard: (and that is what it takes, a magician!!)

I was drying my hair when I felt the actual movement of the boat. We looked outside the porthole… and indeed we were on the water!

I finished getting ready and a few minutes later we were back on Deck 9 enjoying the sights of the boat “Sailing Away”!!! For those of you who have never seen the Sail Away party, here is a picture I adopted from another cruiser…. basically it is singing, dancing, by CMs and Characters, and there are streamers, etc. The ship blows its horn, the first five notes of "When You Wish Upon A Star"... and that is very loud!!! I remember thinking it was really fun the last time we took the cruise, but this time washing off the grime of travel was a must!

1461071830_655f746269.jpg

Continued in the NEXT POST!

Sounds like a fun start...but I can't beleive you missed the Sail Away party!! I want to go on one just for the Party! LOL! Well, ok more than just the party, but I do want to do it someday!

So here are a few photos that I took as we were departing the coastline…

Cruise2010027.jpg

I realize that this photo is out of order -- it belongs in the first post, but this is a close up of the adult bar, and you can see the Outlook Cafe as well...

Cruise2010028.jpg

Cruise2010029.jpg

So "Before Dinner" drinks were calling. And back to the Outlook café we went, where upstairs there are fabulous views and fabulous drinks!!! As well as some great appetizer type snacks as well.

Cruise2010030.jpg

Okay this was a martini style cocktail that was on a special menu. The Manhattan next to it was $5.50. Can you say "I will have another?" What a great price, right!! We spent time at this bar/cafe every day! :rolleyes1

Next the sun is slowly going down, the light was incredible. I thought it was the martini I had just downed, but no, now looking at the pics, I see they are kinda nice :p

Cruise2010031.jpg

Cruise2010033.jpg

Cruise2010032.jpg

Cruise2010034.jpg

Cruise2010035.jpg

Cruise2010036.jpg

Cruise2010037.jpg

Cruise2010038.jpg

Cruise2010039.jpg

Ah.... SUN SET. Let's Eat! :laughing:

More coming tomorrow! Dinner at Paolo's and an evening stroll around the ship! :wave2:

Wow. Gorgeous pictures. That sunset. Ahhhh..... :cloud9: Your room looks bigger than what I thought it would be. I know there are lots of different categories of rooms.... did you book something specific or just take your chances and take what was available? That porthole is huge- WAY bigger than on the Love Boat! :lmao:

Very cool that they recognize repeat visitors with such nice gifts. Too bad WDW doesn't do that... we'd all be racking up some pretty nice stuff!

Looks like the start to a delightful adult getaway! :thumbsup2

Great Trip Report thus far!!! This makes me even more excited for our fourth DCL cruise in two weeks! I love your pictures of the new Outlook Bar area on the Wonder. Your pictures make me want to skip the show the first night and just relax there heading out to sea!

PS -- The "hidden mickey" picture was too funny!

I am in! I loved your last reports! We are planning a cruise next year to celebrate our 10 year anniversary so I am anxious to hear about the 3 day cruise. We have been mulling over the 7 day western vs' 4 day on the new ship with several days at the world.

Congrats on halloween at Disney Land. That is awesome!

Erika

How exciting to see the ship as you approach the terminal!!!

Love that you go through Mickey ears to board and that the ship's whistle plays "When You Wish Upon a Star!" Those Disney touches!!! :lovestruc

Woo hoo for scoring another Palo reservation! Good job! :thumbsup2

The Castaway Club goodies are awesome!!! Those flip flop rice krispie treats are adorable!

The sunset is gorgeous, and the cocktails sound heavenly! What a way to start the cruise off right! :thumbsup2

Hi Jennifer - I'm here, better late than never right?? I was at the ballpark all weekend, Justin had 7 games in 2 days :eek: the weather was horrible, cold and rainy enough to get you wet, but not to stop play - great start to baseball season! Oh well, the boys had a blast and took 2nd place in their tournament, so it wasn't all bad :thumbsup2

Now on to your TR. How exciting that you are going to DL for Halloween! We went to DL and San Diego summer before last and had a fabulous time - you guys are going to love it!

The cruise sounds awesome so far, I love the gifts you got. Looking forward to more!

I'm here....page 3, wah!

Your pictures are making me so excited for our maybe cruise next year....assuming I can even pull off the vacation time and don't have to postpone it!

How very very fun!

and something funny...Jeff's been so anit cruise in general...he brought up these one day deals they are having up to BC right now as being something fun to do over a weekend.

It is so fun watching them convert. Love that your DH laughs at hidden mickeys. Amazing really that Disney tracks a cruise 10 years ago, what a nice surprise.

I'm glad you were able to add some GC time onto the San Diego trip instead of driving up for the day or 2. It's doable but will be so much more fun being there!

Looking forward to cruising along with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!