ALL Aboard a WONDERful TR! FEB 2010 - 3/29 Final Ramblings & a PTR!

Wow - the cruise looks fantastic! Loving all the pictures and am really hoping to be able to take a cruise sometime soon. :goodvibes

Sara

I've been a lurker on your xmas report and your last two snow trips so thought I would move on over to your cruise TR, posting this time :thumbsup2

Looking fab so far :cool1:

We are headed on a 3 day at the end of April and your TR is helping me get excited!! I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing you thoughts and the wonderful pictures.

I'm so excited to hear about your cruise! :goodvibes
Thanks! IT was a great time.

:yay: so excited your started your cruise report.....I feel like you are an author and I am feverishly trying to read all of your sequels to keep up :rotfl2:

Tracy

HA! Well it is my fault for taking all these dang trips, but it is a small price to pay! :thumbsup2 I have fun!

Sounds like a fun start...but I can't beleive you missed the Sail Away party!! I want to go on one just for the Party! LOL! Well, ok more than just the party, but I do want to do it someday!

Well, we did go the first cruise, I can remember some of it, but the priorities were a little different for us this time! However, knowing I would be coming on another cruise made it a little easier!

what great pics!! Lokking forward to more:thumbsup2

Thanks! Welcome over! :goodvibes

subscribing

Hi, and welcome! Thanks for reading. :)

Señor DonDuck;35737172 said:
Fantastic first day details and pictures! Looking forward to day 2.

Thank you!:)

Wow. Gorgeous pictures. That sunset. Ahhhh..... :cloud9: Your room looks bigger than what I thought it would be. I know there are lots of different categories of rooms.... did you book something specific or just take your chances and take what was available? That porthole is huge- WAY bigger than on the Love Boat! :lmao:

Hi there! It was a beautiful view that is for certain, even better the next day!

It was a decent size for two people. If we had all been in this stateroom it would have been a little nuts.... but even then there is enough space to share I think. We booked "guaranteed" category so that would put us in an inside stateroom, yes, in the most inexpensive category. We did this with purpose, because I had read many times that in many cases Disney will upgrade you to make those less expensive rooms available. Well, we were upgraded to having the porthole, and that was a big difference. We would have been fine in an inside room, again this was a budget trip, but we did get that extra bump to an outside room, so we had the window. We were on the same deck, deck 2. The previous cruise we had a veranda, but that was also an upgrade from a window on the 5th deck... This was on a 7 day cruise in the fall, so again the rates were a little less expensive. They tell you to book where you can stand to be and hope for an upgrade. So we knew we could end up with that inside room and we could live with that.

Very cool that they recognize repeat visitors with such nice gifts. Too bad WDW doesn't do that... we'd all be racking up some pretty nice stuff!

Looks like the start to a delightful adult getaway! :thumbsup2

I KNOW, RIGHT??!! Why for the cruisers and not for the park goers!!!?? SO funny. It was really a nice touch. We had a fab start to our adult getaway!

Great Trip Report thus far!!! This makes me even more excited for our fourth DCL cruise in two weeks! I love your pictures of the new Outlook Bar area on the Wonder. Your pictures make me want to skip the show the first night and just relax there heading out to sea!

PS -- The "hidden mickey" picture was too funny!

WOW! Two weeks? Great for you! The Outlook Bar is very very cool! If you have seen that sailaway party many times, you could always head over there after or during... it was a prime place to relax with a drink and that time of day was perfect. :thumbsup2

Yeah, he was amusing himself with the NOT so Hidden Mickey... um the BIG one you can't MISS!!! :laughing: We had fun!

I am in! I loved your last reports! We are planning a cruise next year to celebrate our 10 year anniversary so I am anxious to hear about the 3 day cruise. We have been mulling over the 7 day western vs' 4 day on the new ship with several days at the world.

Congrats on halloween at Disney Land. That is awesome!

Erika

Oh I am so glad you found your way over here! Thanks for reading with me!!!!
Well it was great fun, and depending on what you are interested in, that is a hard decision you are thinking about... I am really excited to try out the Disney Dream next February, all those options sound great, really! That is a hard decision!

I must have missed the two cruise part of next year... the early one I guess.

What are the plans for summer... still BLT and then Vero, or changes?

How exciting to see the ship as you approach the terminal!!!

Love that you go through Mickey ears to board and that the ship's whistle plays "When You Wish Upon a Star!" Those Disney touches!!! :lovestruc

It really is so much fun all the little details, you know I love the details :cloud9: Disney music in all the hallways, etc. SO much fun!

Woo hoo for scoring another Palo reservation! Good job! :thumbsup2

The Castaway Club goodies are awesome!!! Those flip flop rice krispie treats are adorable!

The sunset is gorgeous, and the cocktails sound heavenly! What a way to start the cruise off right! :thumbsup2

It really did start it off right. I have to say Palo's was worth missing the Sail Away party -- :rotfl: Actually the shower, complete with the H20 "spa" collection bath products was worth missing the party for.. I felt like a new person! They have some great choices -- one was very similar to the Hollywood you like... :thumbsup2

The rice Krispie treats were/are DANG cute. DS4 has only eaten one -- I make him eat it over time, too much for one sitting!!! :laughing: MEAN Mommy, I know!!!

Hi Jennifer - I'm here, better late than never right?? I was at the ballpark all weekend, Justin had 7 games in 2 days :eek: the weather was horrible, cold and rainy enough to get you wet, but not to stop play - great start to baseball season! Oh well, the boys had a blast and took 2nd place in their tournament, so it wasn't all bad :thumbsup2

Oh my that is not the best weather, but even still, so long as you are having a good time! Or they are! :laughing:

Now on to your TR. How exciting that you are going to DL for Halloween! We went to DL and San Diego summer before last and had a fabulous time - you guys are going to love it!

The cruise sounds awesome so far, I love the gifts you got. Looking forward to more!

Thanks!!! Yes, we are really looking forward to this split trip in October/Nov. Should be great fun. Two nights and two full days at DL/DCA and then San Diego! OHHHHHH can you share what you did, tips? etc.? Since you have two boys, I am sure it would be helpful!!!! :)

The Castaway Club gift was a surprise and really nice to see when we got inside the stateroom! :goodvibes It was a great getaway! :thumbsup2

I made it over to this too! Great pics and info! You guys must have had a blast. A disney cruise is on my future to do list so I'm all ears! (pun intended)

HELLO! I am glad you have made it over! I enjoyed reading your Christmas TR too!

I'm here....page 3, wah!

Your pictures are making me so excited for our maybe cruise next year....assuming I can even pull off the vacation time and don't have to postpone it!

How very very fun!

I hope it works out for you! It was a great short trip, can't wait to take a longer one again!

and something funny...Jeff's been so anit cruise in general...he brought up these one day deals they are having up to BC right now as being something fun to do over a weekend.

It is so fun watching them convert. Love that your DH laughs at hidden mickeys. Amazing really that Disney tracks a cruise 10 years ago, what a nice surprise.

That is funny -- they don't want to admit it, but.... :laughing: Well, he "laughs" and says with mild amusement, "so you are trying to tell me that those three blotches of paint that happen to be close to eachother, and that look like random blotches of paint, are not actually random blotches of paint but are actually INTENTIONALLY placed blotches of paint, strategically located to remind you of "Mickey Mouse"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight." :rolleyes:

Amazing and scary.... but I am not complaining!!! :laughing: All that data collection has to be used for something!!!

I'm glad you were able to add some GC time onto the San Diego trip instead of driving up for the day or 2. It's doable but will be so much more fun being there!

Looking forward to cruising along with you.

Oh yes, we are excited. I was pouting. It worked. I said we cannot possibly go to LA and San Diego over Halloween and NOT NOT NOT go to Disney LAND??!! He agreed... (twist, twist, twist...)

SO we fly to LA, spend two nights at GC, then drive to San Diego. We are staying at the Four Seasons resort. We had time share points and were able to get that resort which is rarely available. It was luck. Can't wait for Lego land, etc!!!!

Wow - the cruise looks fantastic! Loving all the pictures and am really hoping to be able to take a cruise sometime soon. :goodvibes

Sara

Thanks! I have more to post shortly!!!! ;)

I've been a lurker on your xmas report and your last two snow trips so thought I would move on over to your cruise TR, posting this time :thumbsup2

Looking fab so far :cool1:

Awwww SO glad you are here! Great to have you along! We have fun on these! I love sharing and reading! Thanks for coming along! :goodvibes

We are headed on a 3 day at the end of April and your TR is helping me get excited!! I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing you thoughts and the wonderful pictures.

OH boy!!! I have lots to share so stick around! :surfweb:

I must have missed the two cruise part of next year... the early one I guess.

What are the plans for summer... still BLT and then Vero, or changes?

HI!! NO no no, summer still as planned! Well, we have BLT/BCV, and Vero if we cant get off the waitlist at BCV, I suspect we won't be able to get those last two nights, but I think we will be ready to try Vero at that point.

Yes! WE booked a bounceback cruise if you will! For President's Day next year. Just DH and I!

Reading along!popcorn::
Well HOWDY! Glad you are here!

Lovin' all these cruise details and pictures! I gotta find a time to go!!

Really if you can, do it! It was great fun for us. I just remembered how much fun the other cruise had been! :thumbsup2

So as the sun set on the ocean view, we strolled the length of the Deck, heading to Paolo's for Dinner #1!!!! :rotfl: We were seated within minutes of checking in, and the dining room was pretty empty. We were seated at a nice spot against the windows. I had a bellini to start and then swapped to wine. I prefer frozen bellini's but this was still very good! :goodvibes We had a great meal with flatbread, appetizers and salads, and entrees. The food reminds me somewhat of Cali Grill -- with more of an Italian twist. We had dessert and he brought us out an extra dessert because we couldn't decide what we wanted! The gelato was AMAZING.. Talk about a devine gourmand extravaganza! We had our photo taken by the Cruise's version of a "photopass" photographer, and about 8:20pm, we staggered out of the restaurant. Now, this stagger wasn't alcohol induced. Well, maybe a little, but more likely it was due to the fact that the boat was swaying a bit, and I was wearing sandals with three inch wedge heels!!!! :rotfl: OH no matter, it was all in the fun of it!!!! :lmao:

SO back to the stateroom we went. This is what was waiting for us when we got there!!!

Isn't he CUTE!!!
Cruise2010040.jpg

A turn down with CHOCOLATES!! Can't I have this every night!!!????

Cruise2010041.jpg

DH decided that he was really wiped out. He was not compelled to go see the stage show that night, so I went and walked into the second showing -- it had just started. When I was headed to the theater I saw everyone else who was assigned to our seating time make their way into Triton's for dinner. This chandelier is AMAZING.

Cruise2010042.jpg

Cruise2010043.jpg

You can see all the SHOPPING :goodvibes that is to be had on the ship, along with the lead "run way" to the theater for the live performances. There is also a movie theater onboard. There are two nice shops on the boat, open from 5pm - 11pm!

Cruise2010044.jpg

These are the elevators mid-ship. I just love the Art Deco detailing and styling. :) Makes me really feel like I am on a "Grand Old Cruiseliner"!

Cruise2010046.jpg

These Photos are from one of the lounges on the ship, called "The Cadillac Lounge" Which is very cool with all the car themed touches! This is one of three evening/lounge club locations. It is really pretty inside! Very lush!

Cruise2010047.jpg

Cruise2010048.jpg

I went in to see the show that had just started. It was fun! Of the three stage shows (I saw all three!) I liked this one best, because it was more of a review/Dance show! It was really well done!

So at this point, I was really exhausted myself -- it had been a full day already! After the show, I walked back to the room, got washed up and flopped down for some much neeed slumber!

Coming up next will be our Nassau Day!

Here is a little HINT... ;)

Cruise2010050.jpg

So beautiful!! The ship and the preview!!! I've only been to Naussau once - a LONG time ago and the aqua blue water stands out in my memory the most. So beautiful!!! I'm not used to pretty water. We have a big muddy river and just as muddy bayous. :-) Looking forward to more pretty paradise pictures!!!!

I love reading your trip report...great pictures!!! Right now we are in the big preperation stage for the EB Transatlantic in April but when we get back I will PM you...We just spent this past Halloween at Disneyland and San Diego. We had a blast!! There was so much to do! My son is 5 ( soon to be 6) and LOVED Legoland and the Halloween party at DCA.

Can't wait to hear the rest of your TR!!

I love reading your trip report...great pictures!!! Right now we are in the big preperation stage for the EB Transatlantic in April but when we get back I will PM you...We just spent this past Halloween at Disneyland and San Diego. We had a blast!! There was so much to do! My son is 5 ( soon to be 6) and LOVED Legoland and the Halloween party at DCA.

Can't wait to hear the rest of your TR!!

OH GOODNESS! VERY VERY COOL! YES, please do tell me all about it, AND ALSO TELL ME ALL ABOUT your TransAtlantic! How cool! YOU are brave -- I don't know that I could do this kind of cruise! Maybe on the QE2 but Disney is the next best thing!!! Looking forward to all of the stories!!! Thanks for reading along!!!! :thumbsup2

Great update!

I love the colors and the art deco style, just stunning! And that chandelier :lovestruc

It sounds like a lovely lovely night.

Oh I really really hope we can keep the Feb trip. I'm going to be dying waiting to see what the new vacation package will look like to see if I can keep it.

Your pictures and TR are just reinforcing how much I want to go!

Lots of shopping onboard, you say??? You know how I love shopping! :banana:

I love art deco architecture! :lovestruc The ship is just gorgeous with all those details!

I would definitely like to have chocolates and turn-down service every night! Wouldn't that be the life?

I'm here (finally).

You've really been zooming out the updates.

Congrats on ALL the upcoming trips.

The cruise ship looks lovely. I'm a sucker for art deco myself too. I would love to see the shows and castaway cay someday but for now I will just live with getting a peek into others trips.

Oh my goodness. What a hint that is! I would give anything to be gazing at that view today!!

Sounds like it was a great evening. As far as cruises go, I am a bit worried about feeling the boat swaying. But sounds like it didn't really slow you down! I'm afraid I'd be sick. :rolleyes:

All that shopping... right up your alley! :)

Really enjoyed your snow getaway! I am looking forward to the rest of your adults only cruise. I would love to getaway w/ just my hubby! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter