Alaska on the Ovation

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by kemmerlinj2, Dec 2, 2018.

1. kemmerlinj2

kemmerlinj2 Mouseketeer

Hello! Planning an Alaska cruise on the Ovation for June 2020. We've only done Caribbean cruises so far and have never been to Alaska. What stateroom category would you recommend....oceanview or balcony?

2. dislainey

dislainey Mouseketeer

Hi,
    My family will be going on the Ovation in July 2019. My husband and I are booked in a balcony. My adult children are booked in a interior virtual balcony because of cost. We have read good things about this category.

Elaine

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. KashasMom

KashasMom DIS Veteran

We've cruised Alaska 3 times and have always had a balcony. Some people say you don't need one for Alaska but I really enjoyed sitting outside - especially in the morning with my coffee - looking for whales and other wildlife. My vote would be for a balcony.

Searc likes this.
  5. cypressmom

cypressmom Love my Disney vacations!

We sail on Ovation in July. My kids are 13 (boy) and 16 (girl) and they don’t care to share a bed, so we opted for a J3 (junior suite) that sleeps 5 on deck 9. One can have the sofa bed and the other can sleep in the bunk. It has 1.5 baths, so that is a plus!

6. Searc

Searc Mouseketeer

Balcony, no question. We did our first balcony on our Alaska cruise and loved it.

7. frank808

frank808 DVC Member

I for one vote for a balcony. I used the balcony more in those 7 nights in Alaska more than 30+ plus cruises in the Caribbean. It helps when you can fall asleep with the scenery passing by.

We will be sailing on the July 5th Ovation cruise. Any of you DIS members on the same sailing? We have a large family cruise with 5 children and 8 adults.

8. 3monkeys4me

3monkeys4me Mouseketeer

I think I would want an Balcony for Alaska.

We are sailing on Ovation in April (South Pacific) and we have a a couple of balcony rooms and one interior room. We found the prices on Ovation balcony rooms to be fairly reasonable, I think it is partly because there are so many of them. At this point we are planning on sailing to Alaska on Radiance (one way, northbound) but we are considering switching to Ovation of of Seattle if we fall in love with her this spring.