Aladdin's Oasis On the Go?!?

I am looking at AO for "lunch", but the earliest time I can get is 2:15. Does anyone know if we can get our food earlier than that, or do they really hold you to your reserved time?

It depends on how busy they are. Note that on less busy days they actually take walk ups with people with no reservation.

The first time I went they had no problem with me coming earlier, the eating area was nearly empty. I came an hour earlier than my reservation.
The second time th oasis eating area was nearly full so they were not taking walk ups and enforcing the reservation time to a point I believe, I came at my scheduled time, but the person in front of me was turned away since they were too early.

My friend and I did this just last week. The food was decent. We checked in,chose our meals and were allowed to go inside and sit down. It took maybe 10 minutes for our food to arrive. Would I do it again? Probably not. Despite getting to the viewing area an hour before the parade, we still had a poor view of the parade with people standing in front of us. Also there are seats but they are extremely limited. Oh and I don't know if this is the case everyone but my friend got the kids meal and despite the fact she is in her 30s, she was charged the kids price which was $14.99 I believe so if you don't like the adult selections, checkout the kids selections.

My friend and I did this just last week. The food was decent. We checked in,chose our meals and were allowed to go inside and sit down. It took maybe 10 minutes for our food to arrive. Would I do it again? Probably not. Despite getting to the viewing area an hour before the parade, we still had a poor view of the parade with people standing in front of us. Also there are seats but they are extremely limited. Oh and I don't know if this is the case everyone but my friend got the kids meal and despite the fact she is in her 30s, she was charged the kids price which was $14.99 I believe so if you don't like the adult selections, checkout the kids selections.

Thank you for the info! Did you happen to notice what time people were lining up for the parade that didn't have the dining packages? Such a disappointment to hear you had a partial view after an hour wait!

Were the people standing in front of you in the reserved area? I'm shocked that there could be people standing in front of a reserved viewing area blocking your view! What do the CM do about this? Anything? That just really surprises me. And you came an hour early!

Were the people standing in front of you in the reserved area? I'm shocked that there could be people standing in front of a reserved viewing area blocking your view! What do the CM do about this? Anything? That just really surprises me. And you came an hour early!

They were standing in the reserved area. Most of them were late arrivers. They wouldn't actually let anyone in until 30 minutes before. Our feet were hurting so we sat on the planter and then stood when the parade started so I guess part of it is our fault for resting our feet while everyone else entered. I just expected benches lined up for everyone to sit like there are in other reserved areas.

They were standing in the reserved area. Most of them were late arrivers. They wouldn't actually let anyone in until 30 minutes before. Our feet were hurting so we sat on the planter and then stood when the parade started so I guess part of it is our fault for resting our feet while everyone else entered. I just expected benches lined up for everyone to sit like there are in other reserved areas.
Thanks for the info. I guess I thought if you paid for special seating you should be able to see no matter when you get there. This is why I'm so hesitant to pay for reserved seating. I appreciate you sharing your experience. :)

The only way to get seats for any parade or entertainment is either

World of color desert party
And
VIP tour

All other public reserved offers are standing areas.

Thanks for the info. I guess I thought if you paid for special seating you should be able to see no matter when you get there. This is why I'm so hesitant to pay for reserved seating. I appreciate you sharing your experience. :)

Yeah, it's hard to describe the area. There are no seats, but there are 2 or 3 levels of standing areas (including street level). The only people that sit are the people in the first two rows (street level next to the rope, and just behind them you can sit on the concrete ledge), everyone else is standing. If you sit in the front, or if you find a spot standing in the front of each tier, you should have an unobstructed view. I actually really surprised that EsmeCullen couldn't find a good spot having lined up a hour prior. Must have been a particularly busy day. We went around the same time (an hour before) and there were like 5 people standing in line front of us. We basically had our pick of the whole area when they let us in.

Yeah, it's hard to describe the area. There are no seats, but there are 2 or 3 levels of standing areas (including street level). The only people that sit are the people in the first two rows (street level next to the rope, and just behind them you can sit on the concrete ledge), everyone else is standing. If you sit in the front, or if you find a spot standing in the front of each tier, you should have an unobstructed view. I actually really surprised that EsmeCullen couldn't find a good spot having lined up a hour prior. Must have been a particularly busy day. We went around the same time (an hour before) and there were like 5 people standing in line front of us. We basically had our pick of the whole area when they let us in.
When we went exactly 2 weeks ago they had reconfigured the reserved are to "try something new" according to the CM's letting people into the reserved area & there were NO curbside sitting spots in the reserved area at all! Was super frustrating for me as I bought the AO On the Go package specifically so my 6 kids could see the parade up front on the curb sitting so that no one could stand in front of them to block their view. I actually ended up saving curbside front sitting seats OUTSIDE of the reserved area even though I paid for the reserved area then the parade ended up being cancelled. :(

When we went exactly 2 weeks ago they had reconfigured the reserved are to "try something new" according to the CM's letting people into the reserved area & there were NO curbside sitting spots in the reserved area at all! Was super frustrating for me as I bought the AO On the Go package specifically so my 6 kids could see the parade up front on the curb sitting so that no one could stand in front of them to block their view. I actually ended up saving curbside front sitting seats OUTSIDE of the reserved area even though I paid for the reserved area then the parade ended up being cancelled. :(

Man, you were 0 for 2. That stinks! Rain aside though, when they try new stuff and you aren't a fan, they need your feedback. You really should take time to email DL with your concerns on how it was handled.

Man, you were 0 for 2. That stinks! Rain aside though, when they try new stuff and you aren't a fan, they need your feedback. You really should take time to email DL with your concerns on how it was handled.
Sad thing is I did email them almost two weeks ago & never heard back anything! All they offered me was tickets for the 10:30 parade that night which was too late for my kids & to make matters worse I realized after I left the parks that night the the CM who took my CC for my AO payment(almost $200!) kept my credit card. :( Should I even bother to call to voice my concerns or send another email? I don't really expect compensation but would have appreciated an acknowlegment of my concerns. :/

Sad thing is I did email them almost two weeks ago & never heard back anything! All they offered me was tickets for the 10:30 parade that night which was too late for my kids & to make matters worse I realized after I left the parks that night the the CM who took my CC for my AO payment(almost $200!) kept my credit card. :( Should I even bother to call to voice my concerns or send another email? I don't really expect compensation but would have appreciated an acknowlegment of my concerns. :/

They are usually pretty good about following up on emails. I'd give it another week or so then send a follow up email.

They are usually pretty good about following up on emails. I'd give it another week or so then send a follow up email.
Thank you for your advice & confirming my opinion! It would be less frustrating if we were frequent visitors but it had been 4 years since we have been DL & we planned to visit when we did specifically to see MSEP...with 6 kids it is too expensive to go very often! We probably won't be back for at least another 3+ years unless we win the lottery lol. :)

Thank you for your advice & confirming my opinion! It would be less frustrating if we were frequent visitors but it had been 4 years since we have been DL & we planned to visit when we did specifically to see MSEP...with 6 kids it is too expensive to go very often! We probably won't be back for at least another 3+ years unless we win the lottery lol. :)

I completely understand! I hope you hear back from them. Let us know if you do please!

We just made reservations, and now I'm concerned. So are you saying that instead of curb seating, it was curb-standing instead?

We just made reservations, and now I'm concerned. So are you saying that instead of curb seating, it was curb-standing instead?
I have no idea if it's changed since we were there exactly 2 weeks ago but there were NO curb side front sitting seats in the reserved area at all! Not because they were already full but because it wasn't an option PERIOD. :( I didn't find it to be worth it for my family with 6 kids because I wanted them to be able to see & not have anyone standing in front of them!

I have no idea if it's changed since we were there exactly 2 weeks ago but there were NO curb side front sitting seats in the reserved area at all! Not because they were already full but because it wasn't an option PERIOD. :( I didn't find it to be worth it for my family with 6 kids because I wanted them to be able to see & not have anyone standing in front of them!

So it was standing only. Is that what you are saying?

That's too bad, sorry you had such bad luck. I loved the AO area both times I went, but it sounds like they keep shrinking the reserved area and making it worse.

We are going back in June and was hoping to do Aladdins again for MSEP, but may have to rethink it if reports are bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter