AKV Room types released to CRO. Concierge and Value?!

KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
On another thread on the planning board Disbug1 shared that they were seeing Concierge rooms available thru CRO for cash bookings over Christmas 2010. When I looked I also saw Values were available along with Standard and Savanna. I always thought that Concierge and Value room types were ones that would not be released by DVC for cash bookings and I'm more than a bit bothered by it. From what I understand at BWV they do not release either the boardwalk view or the standard view rooms.

Is it appropriate for DVC to release rooms from the two smallest booking categories (and two very popular room categories) for a premium time? Or anytime? And to do it in the home resort booking priority?

I am not saying that DVC doesn't have the right to b/c I don't recall ever seeing the topic of what types of rooms are released in any of the ownership documents but I don't think that DVC is attending to their member's best interests in doing this.

I am concerned with this. I thought rooms only went to CRO in the last 30 days of the booking timeframe?

Are you sure that the concierge rooms were from DVC inventory? As you know, the resort also has concierge rooms.

If they truly were DVC inventory, that seems wrong. If I owned AKV, I would email Member Satisfaction and express my displeasure unless the available dates were less than 7 months out. Don't feel I have the standing to complain since I don't own there.

Don't feel the same way about the value category - I've read several reports of those being available at 7 months. So it would definitely depend on the dates offered by CRO,assuming the rooms were DVC inventory.

Those concierge rooms would not be AKLV's, but the concierge rooms on the third floor. The DVC concierge villas area booked at exactly 11 months out, exactly at 9 am. I'm not sure about the value rooms but perhaps they are inventory that has not been declared or sold. I know they were still converting value rooms.---Kathy

Those concierge rooms would not be AKLV's, but the concierge rooms on the third floor. The DVC concierge villas area booked at exactly 11 months out, exactly at 9 am. I'm not sure about the value rooms but perhaps they are inventory that has not been declared or sold. I know they were still converting value rooms.---Kathy

Not always true. A friend of mine who owns a BCV got at 1 bedroom concierge for June 2008 at the 7 month mark to celebrate a "milestone birthday". I was lucky enough to be invited along!

The belief that it had to be AKL rooms was expressed on the other thread. I went and looked because I couldn't really believe it either that they would turn over these room types. It came up when selecting the Deluxe Villas - Jambo selection and I can only say that it is the DVC Concierge room.

I don't know of an AKL hotel room that has the sofa's in the studio and 1BR or a whirlpool bath and washer/dryer in the 1br. It's definitely DVC rooms. :mad: And I too have been shut out at 11 months for these rooms.

The one possibility could be that they are adding the concierge to a different room type but I'm doubtful b/c of the Value option. The Value's just have to be DVC. It even says the view will be Savanna, Pool or Parking lot.

Here are screen shots of all room types that came up:

ConciergeCRO_Page_1.jpg

ConciergeCRO_Page_2.jpg

ConciergeCRO_Page_3.jpg

ConciergeCRO_Page_4.jpg

I also have gotten a 1BR concierge at 7 months. Besides that this inventory has been turned over while still in the 11-7 month priority booking period. It never even went as far as 7 months, much less 60 days or less.

If they truly were DVC inventory, that seems wrong. If I owned AKV, I would email Member Satisfaction and express my displeasure unless the available dates were less than 7 months out. Don't feel I have the standing to complain since I don't own there.

That is what I was thinking about doing. CRO has concierge options to offer - they don't need to have access to 2 of the ten rooms available to DVC at any time IMO, much less more than 7 months out over a holiday. I also feel the same way about the Value option since there are so few rooms of that type.

Even if these are available at 7 mos., they are to be available for DVC members, not CRO. I really hope there is some other explanation for these rooms being available in CRO.:mad:

perhaps they took these rooms for someone trading out to RCI or something ?? Still very wrong to take the most prized rooms and try to book them for cash but still ... not cool !

what are your dates, cuz I can't get club level to come up at all. Studio's and 1 bedrooms, yes but no club level for Jambo.

nevermind, I got offered them for the 24th to the 26th. I got offered a studio and 1 bedroom villa.

AKVCL.jpg

Don't feel the same way about the value category - I've read several reports of those being available at 7 months. So it would definitely depend on the dates offered by CRO,assuming the rooms were DVC inventory.

I'm upset about the value category, since I'm on the waitlist for a value studio. I went on the waitlist at exactly 7 months, shortly after 9:00 am.

Is it possible that since AKL isnt a sold out resort that DVD already released some developer stock (or whatever its called) to CRO?

Is it possible that since AKL isnt a sold out resort that DVD already released some developer stock (or whatever its called) to CRO?

That probably does play a role.

I've read that Kidani is only about 50% sold, which means that DVD still holds about 30% of all points for "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas."

Disney probably has a computer algorithm which pulls a cross section of all views/categories equivalent to the percentage of points still owned by the developer.

When Kidani sales were about to start or just starting they were very specific that Jambo was sold out. I know that for booking purposes Kidani and Jambo are considered one but Jambo itself, where these rooms are, is sold out so they specifically are not still held by the developer. There's the 3% or so they retain for room servicing I'm doubtful that's part of this either.

Either way - DVC has the ability to control what category of rooms are given to CRO and these two shouldn't be - especially since not all categories at other resorts are.

I'm still comparing to the boardwalk view at BWV (or even Standard view) which from everything I've heard is never released to CRO - and those are far bigger categories than either Concierge or Value. I hope this is just a glitch.

When Kidani sales were about to start or just starting they were very specific that Jambo was sold out. I know that for booking purposes Kidani and Jambo are considered one but Jambo itself, where these rooms are, is sold out so they specifically are not still held by the developer.

I don't see where the building really makes a difference.

When SSR was still selling the initial 18 buildings, guests were spread over all 18 buildings not just the ones declared. Only 30 of the 60 treehouse villas have been declared but I can guarantee there aren't 30 undeclared treehouses available to CRO.

Up though May '09 all of the Jambo rooms would have been available since that's all that was in the system and they were all sold. But once Kidani opened and the developer was suddenly holding a large percentage of "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas", it would certainly be within their rights to hold some villas at Jambo House. It's all just one big condo association.

I'm still comparing to the boardwalk view at BWV (or even Standard view) which from everything I've heard is never released to CRO - and those are far bigger categories than either Concierge or Value. I hope this is just a glitch.

With the difference being that BWV is all sold out. If DVD was holding 30% of BWV, I suspect there would be BoardWalk View rooms in that inventory.

I don't see where the building really makes a difference.

When SSR was still selling the initial 18 buildings, guests were spread over all 18 buildings not just the ones declared. Only 30 of the 60 treehouse villas have been declared but I can guarantee there aren't 30 undeclared treehouses available to CRO.

Up though May '09 all of the Jambo rooms would have been available since that's all that was in the system and they were all sold. But once Kidani opened and the developer was suddenly holding a large percentage of "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas", it would certainly be within their rights to hold some villas at Jambo House. It's all just one big condo association.

Of course which is why I clarified about my concern being that this category is released at any time to CRO.

The belief that it had to be AKL rooms was expressed on the other thread. I went and looked because I couldn't really believe it either that they would turn over these room types. It came up when selecting the Deluxe Villas - Jambo selection and I can only say that it is the DVC Concierge room.

I don't know of an AKL hotel room that has the sofa's in the studio and 1BR or a whirlpool bath and washer/dryer in the 1br. It's definitely DVC rooms. :mad: And I too have been shut out at 11 months for these rooms.

Has someone confirmed that the Concierge rooms being being offered for cash reservations are actually the five two-bedroom villas located on the 6th floor of Jambo House? I ask this question because Animal Kingdom Lodge has several Concierge rooms and suites that are not part of the DVC inventory. AKV has Royal Suites, two-bedroom suites, and even standard rooms that have Concierge Level service. See this link from the Disney website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/rates-rooms/. In its description of the Standard room with Concierge Level service, the Disney site says that some rooms have bunk beds. Do any of the DVC Concierge Level rooms have bunk beds?

In the past, I've used the Disney website to check prices prices of cash reservations. Sometimes, the price of a specific room accommodation is shown on one page of the website but if you choose the accommodation, the next page will indicate that it is not available. It would not surprise me that Concierge Villas are listed as an accommodation choice on the website, but that they are not available for cash reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter