AKL - Sunrise Safari question

suzywindy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Since you wind up in the Animal Kingdom Park after the (Safari)tour and breakfast - do you have to use up one of your days passes?

I know the price is $39.99 and you have to be staying at the AKL Concierge in order to even do the tour - but still wonder if I burn a pass?

Thanks.

Hi!

I did the sunrise safari last August...

When you meet in the lounge the concierge staff collects all guest park passes/tickets/card whatever to verify that everyone has admission... if not you have to purchase it.

ALthough I did see them looking through all the passes etc... I did not see them swiping them or typing anything in a computer - just taking notes on a checklist... so I am not 100% sure if they actually process an admission against your pass.

I had a unltimate park hopper for the length of my stay so I was not concerned.. but you definately have to have admission or you are not going anywhere!

By the way - sunrise safari was amazing, as was the breakfast following it. You also get a fast pass to kilamanjaro safaries to use after breakfast.

Yes. you do have to have admission media, and they do process it as we did use our tickets for Fastpass later that day - it wouldn't work if they didn't record it.

Also, just an FYI - the price has gone up again - it is now $50 per adult and $25 per child.

Thanks for the answers - it does make sense. Boy I remember when they first starting offering this tour and breakfast - it was pretty cheap.

Why they only do this tour 2 days a week is beyond me since it seems pretty cool.

Sorry for the question...but can I get details on the Sunrise Safari?I have never heard of it and will be staying there in July 2003?......Thanks

Hi there...

Sunrise Safari can only be booked by concierge guests at AKL. Not even concierge guests at other hotels can go!

It is a early morning adventure which begins with a bus ride over to Animal Kingdom... you enter through the back gates and see all the specialized buildings for running the park and looking after the animals.

After parking you have a short walk to the Kilamanjaro Safari rides where you board the large jeep... you then receive a personalized tour through the savannas with commentary from your guide and lots of stops for photos...

There are no 'ride' elements on this trip.. (ie) the corny jokes, the little red/big red poacher storyline and effects like the creaking bridges.. etc..

The regualr ride takes about 10 - 15 minutes... the sunrise safari ride takes 45minutes+++

It is great to see all the animals that are just coming out of there pens and browsing for food - you can get some great photos.

After the safari you go to the tusker house for a great breakfast of traditional foods as well as dishes with African flair...

After breakfast is over the park is just opening for regular guests to get in... when you are leaving breakfast you are given a fast pass to do the kilamanjaro safari the regular way with the funn effects... there is quite a difference.

When your safari is over you are ready for a fun day at Animal Kingdom!

This trip is offered twice a week... I think Tues and Sat? and is 50.00USD for adults and 25.00USD for kids... you also have to have park admission.

Hope this answers all you questions

Just in case it's an issue:
I called to ask last year and was told you CAN go on your checkout day.

That is right.. you only have to stay in a concierge the night before the safari.

Lots of people book at regular room for their stay and upgrade the night before to go on this trip.

Last year there was a rumor that they were going to require at least a 2-night concierge stay to qualify. As far as I know it was only a rumor; I have no information on whether this policy was adopted or even considered.

I only mention it as a caution: if you are planning to do Sunrise Safari on a 1-night concierge stay, it may be prudent to call the concierge desk at AKL and ask if this will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter