AKL/Bus Transportation

jess20k

DIS Veteran
I know that AKL is further to the other parks than most resorts, but for those of you who have stayed there, how is the bus service? I really don't here much about it. Even though the ride is further, is the service itself ok? TIA!

We stayed at the AKL in May of 2006. We found the bus service to be good. I believe that the Lodge doesn't share buses with any other resort. So each bus is just between AKL and it's destination. By contrast, last year when we were at WL, we caught the bus, then went to GF before heading to our destination.

Paul

We were happy with it. Route and travel time to MK seemed to vary from 12-18 minutes, but we just allowed ourselves 25 minutes or so of travel time wherever we went and were fine.

Best of all the resorts we've stayed at! As previous posters mentioned, you don't share the buses with other resorts, plus there is only one stop at the resort so you don't have to watch filled buses driving past you... :thumbsup2

I know that AKL is further to the other parks than most resorts, but for those of you who have stayed there, how is the bus service? I really don't here much about it. Even though the ride is further, is the service itself ok? TIA!

Hi,
We have stayed at the AKL eight times over the years and the bus service is great compared to the other resort because it does not share with any other resort and there is only one stop at the resort itself. So you are picked up at the AKL and then you are off to your destination.

We just got back Friday from staying at AKL & the bus service was great. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus to show up. They were rarely crowded, except one night when leaving MK at closing. It took 5 min to get to AK, 10 min to get to Epcot & MGM, & 15 min to get to MK. It doesn't make any other stops along the way.

We stayed at AKL in June and it was really nice there the only stop on the bus route and it was very quick it only took about 15 minutes to get to MK and the longest wait time we had was maybe 5 minute

We've stayed at AKL multiple times and have found the transportation to be among the best at WDW. :thumbsup2

I was there last week, and for the times I did use the bus, it was excellent every time! Never, ever a long wait. In fact, most times was able to ho on bus as it was coming in!

I stayed at AKL in May of last year and I found the bus service to be very good. I didn't have to wait long for any buses and I like that the buses aren't shared with other resorts. Also, I didn't find that the bus rides were that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter