AK Tours - Caring for Giants or Up Close with Rhinos

kwdw

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done both of these tours and recommend one over the other? I'd like to plan one of them.

While we might buy an ILL ride on our AK day, we probably won't make ETPE or buy Genie+ this day. I want to put something guaranteed in the middle of the day.

It's way out of budget to do the Wild Africa Trek.

I’ve done and enjoyed both, but would recommend the Rhino experience. The elephants are seen from a back viewing area, the rhinos are visited in their housing where we were able to pet one. We also got lucky because a couple of cheetahs were right next to us getting used to their new home before being introduced to the savanna.
I’ve also done Wild Africa Trek - which is on a whole other level! Highly recommended if you’re not afraid of heights. It’s worth saving up for it on a future trip.
This coming trip I’m going to do Savor the Savanna.

I second doing Rhinos over elephants. It is more of a backstage tour than elephants and you do get to pet the rhinos! Elephant tour was interesting but you only saw them from far away.

Both are very interesting but the Rhino one is better. Mostly because we got to spend time with the rhinos backstage and we got to pet Dugan (the male rhino). My main beef is that there were no pictures, which I understood because it was backstage but it still would have been nice if the guide could have taken a picture of us with the rhino or petting him. I think our guide said that there is only one rhino tour a day so make sure you prioritize that at your 60 day mark. The elephant one is a nice substitute if you can't get the rhinos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter