Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread

CO2CA

Perpetually Planning
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our early January trip. I still have a good feeling about them opening *knock on wood*. I just realized tonight about the transportation from LAX to DL. I don't know if I feel comfortable with Uber/Lansky. I'm half tempted to just rent a car for us to be on the extra safe side, but can't imagine driving in traffic lol Three lanes I can handle, but 5 or 6!!!

Yes, we will be in an airplane for ~2 hours, but something still seems different about a 30 minute car ride with a stranger :confused3Decisions, decisions.

bardays

BC, Canada
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our early January trip. I still have a good feeling about them opening *knock on wood*. I just realized tonight about the transportation from LAX to DL. I don't know if I feel comfortable with Uber/Lansky. I'm half tempted to just rent a car for us to be on the extra safe side, but can't imagine driving in traffic lol Three lanes I can handle, but 5 or 6!!!

Yes, we will be in an airplane for ~2 hours, but something still seems different about a 30 minute car ride with a stranger :confused3Decisions, decisions.
I would imagine any driver would be wearing a mask and very cautious? you have to take a shuttle bus to the car rentals at LAX. I am assuming every driver is masked up?

theluckyrabbit

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our early January trip. I still have a good feeling about them opening *knock on wood*. I just realized tonight about the transportation from LAX to DL. I don't know if I feel comfortable with Uber/Lansky...
Uber, Lyft, and Lansky should have their safety protocols posted on their websites. I know that Uber has strict safety rules for drivers and passengers. I would imagine that holds true for Lyft, too. Lansky has been very good with customer service throughout this lockdown mess. Check their website for information and call if you have any questions.
By the way, will you be needing car seats or boosters? If so, then Lansky's is your best option or rental car and bring your own car seat/booster.

theluckyrabbit

Last-minute reprieve... for now.

Update: Prop. 22 passed in CA.

theluckyrabbit

For those traveling to LAX, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station:

ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS ARRIVING INTO LOS ANGELES
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, Los Angeles is requiring all travelers entering the city from another state or country to fill out an online form, acknowledging that they have read and understood California’s travel advisory, which states that “Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival.”

Travelers over the age of 16 must submit this form online prior to or upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station. The form can be found at travel.lacity.org. Failure to submit the form is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for essential travel which includes work and study, critical infrastructure support, economic services and supply chains, health, immediate medical care, and safety and security.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.