• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport DVD Rentals

BuzzLightYear3

Mouseketeer
All.....thought I'd post a tip we found useful for kids.....

Many airports now have kiosks which rent DVD Players and movies. I've seen them before and always figured the cost would be outrageous. On our way home from Disney though, we ended up at the airport gate 2.5 hours before our flight was due to leave. (We'd allowed extra time due to very long security lines in Cincinnati.....turns out Orlando hardly had any lines at least when we were traveling.) Anyway, after seeing some kids watching movies near the gate, I asked at the kiosk about the rental price.....it was $12 for the player, a movie, and the headset; $3 for additional headsets if more than one person was going to watch. We ended up renting two.....one for my DS 9 and one for the younger two to share, and it worked out great. The kids watched movies before boarding and then again on the flight (once electronic equipment was allowed.)

The only problem we did have was my oldest rented Harry Potter which is nearly 2.5 hours long and although the batteries are supposed to last 3-4 hours, his didn't. We let him watch the rest of it on the other unit. The people at the Cincinnati kiosk weren't willing to do anything about that....they just said they usually provide two batteries if there's going to be an issue and that we could inquire about a refund the next time we were in Orlando since they rented it to us. :rolleyes:

Still though, all in all, I thought it was a reasonable cost for 4 hours of pleasantness on the 'long trip home.' Our 9 and 5 year olds were thoroughly entertained. The 2 year old kind of liked it too, although I think the headphones kind of bothered him as he chose to leave the headphones off a fair amount of time and he watched the move (Toy Story) w/o sound or just played with his toys. Anyway, hope this is helpful to someone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter