Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Being an old lady at Rexall requires only being 55 -- i get a kick out of being able to say I'm a senior, SAVE ALL THE MONIES!!!

Regarding the other stuff... naturally curly (very grey) hair don't need no stinkin curlers :P
Knitted sweaters... yeah, no but i do wear far too many hoodies according to my kids
Kleenex stuffed everywhere ... guilty as charged, but in my defense i have allergies

Hunchback ... depends on how full my backpack is :rotfl2:
What???? Aren't Hoodies a "Young" thing,,,I wear one everyday!!lol
Naturally curly,, part grey hair also,,,Kleenex stuffed in my pockets always--sinusitis and allergies too.
Hugs
Mel
We are three peas in a pod. Me too.

Looks like Safeway in the west has a couple thing I might actually go out and buy. I was disappointed it wasn't Blue Friday. But with the long weekend, it makes sense. Crossing my fingers for next Friday. I like it when they have AM attached to pepsi/coke products ( depending on which ones they have on special ).
On the other hand...I have no offers this week in my app. Must be because they were sending me such crappy offers, I haven't used them in months. :headache::rolleyes:

Looks like Safeway in the west has a couple thing I might actually go out and buy. I was disappointed it wasn't Blue Friday. But with the long weekend, it makes sense. Crossing my fingers for next Friday. I like it when they have AM attached to pepsi/coke products ( depending on which ones they have on special ).
On the other hand...I have no offers this week in my app. Must be because they were sending me such crappy offers, I haven't used them in months. :headache::rolleyes:

Until about 10 minutes ago I had no offers showing either, it seems that since they went to the offers only being valid for one week they actually have NO offers valid from around 11 pm Tuesday - noon on Wednesday.

i feel the same re: blue friday.

i was really hoping to see one, but i think you’re right about the long weekend changing things. hopefully next weekend, and hopefully some good deals!

My Sobeys shopping List
I think I can spend the $15.00 for Christie cookies and Christie crackers,,get 50 bonus airmiles.
No way I'll hit the spend $100.00 get 100 airmiles coupon though.
I'll have to check my targeted offers to see if I can add anything.
Weak airmiles week for me.

Hugs
Mel

My Sobeys shopping List
I think I can spend the $15.00 for Christie cookies and Christie crackers,,get 50 bonus airmiles.
No way I'll hit the spend $100.00 get 100 airmiles coupon though.
I'll have to check my targeted offers to see if I can add anything.
Weak airmiles week for me.

Hugs
Mel

Cookies and crackers, we always need more of those! Sadly I still have to make lunches for kiddo for a few more weeks (even though tomorrow is the last day of school)

Same. They do have the spend $100 get 100 AM and the Christie offer for 50 AM do it may not be too bad. Hoping for Blue Friday next week.

So I received the attached offer from shell, 3 cents off per litre. My local shell has 5 cents off per litre if you pay inside not at the pump.

Is the offer for at the pump do you think? When I pay inside, they bring up my total then swipe my card.

Attachments

• IMG_5799.PNG
    IMG_5799.PNG
    149.7 KB · Views: 8
So I received the attached offer from shell, 3 cents off per litre. My local shell has 5 cents off per litre if you pay inside not at the pump.

Is the offer for at the pump do you think? When I pay inside, they bring up my total then swipe my card.
I received it as well and I'm thinking it's pay at pump. The reason I'm thinking this is you would insert your AM card before you pump and then it would account for the 3 cents off. If you were to pump and pay inside then wouldn't the total be off? You pumped, it says $25 because it doesn't know you have a discount, then you pay inside but your total is already $25. I don't think it would change inside but I could be wrong.

Off topic but sort of AM related because I was using an AM airline ticket when this happened. I have been obsessively (on and off) trying to see the Disney Magic plane for years now. Well today I was making a connection through Toronto when what to my wondering eyes should appear... The Disney Magic plane sitting at a gate as we were walking to make our next flight.

I walked over to the window, put down my bag of goodies and announced to the people who were sitting there that I was one of those Disney obsessed crazy people and just had to get a photo of this plane.

We continued on our way to our gate and I took more pictures from a different vantage point. It was a great day. I hadn't been looking forward to having to make a connection in Toronto on my flight home but this made it all worthwhile. The new (to me) area for connections behind security is a game changer. I have avoided flying through Toronto at all costs these past few years, until now. Looks like I can put connections back on my list of possibilities.

I received it as well and I'm thinking it's pay at pump. The reason I'm thinking this is you would insert your AM card before you pump and then it would account for the 3 cents off. If you were to pump and pay inside then wouldn't the total be off? You pumped, it says $25 because it doesn't know you have a discount, then you pay inside but your total is already $25. I don't think it would change inside but I could be wrong.

Yea, I'm thinking it has to be at the pump. The offer is tied to my Mastercard, so I would swipe my mastercard, enter how much gas I want, then my air miles card. Dang it! I thought I would get 8 cents off per litre...oh well.

Last day of school! I'm letting kiddo sleep in and will take him instead of having to go to daycare. I'll pick him up at the end as well (I expect a full back pack of all the stuff he did over the year). After I drop him off I'll get to Sobeys to pick up some cookies/crackers for those daycare/camp lunches the next few weeks. I may go to Metro as well, my offers are kind of funny there, I have one for spend $5 get 5 AM. I guess they really want me to shop there? :)

I received this as well and came on here to try to figure out how this will actually work. I can always count on someone here to start the conversation. I hope it’s pay at the pump as I absolutely hate having to go pay inside.

I had a pleasant surprise when I went to go check my Am balance, and see if my " make it right " miles were added correctly. I looked...and thought...hmmm that seems a little high. Took a closer look...instead of the 75 i was supposed to get the first time...they gave me 125...an extra 50 bonus ones :woohoo: they gave me. I just wanna say " start the car " and run...like the Ikea commercial lol.

Off topic but sort of AM related because I was using an AM airline ticket when this happened. I have been obsessively (on and off) trying to see the Disney Magic plane for years now. Well today I was making a connection through Toronto when what to my wondering eyes should appear... The Disney Magic plane sitting at a gate as we were walking to make our next flight.

I walked over to the window, put down my bag of goodies and announced to the people who were sitting there that I was one of those Disney obsessed crazy people and just had to get a photo of this plane.

We continued on our way to our gate and I took more pictures from a different vantage point. It was a great day. I hadn't been looking forward to having to make a connection in Toronto on my flight home but this made it all worthwhile. The new (to me) area for connections behind security is a game changer. I have avoided flying through Toronto at all costs these past few years, until now. Looks like I can put connections back on my list of possibilities.

I am that person as well! When we were heading to DL in February, the Frozen plan was parked at YVR and we could see it on the way to our gate. I was super excited! The Mickey plane was parked at a gate when we arrived in YVR as well on our previous DL trip. I've yet to be pixie dusted with the ability to ride on one yet :(

OMG, watch out for the Duck! I'm a beyond excited right now, trip is a solid go now. I was getting concerned because i hadn't heard back from the travel agent with an invoice for the deposit on the hotel and the airfare (had to be paid in full). Also a tad annoyed to get an email from WestJet bright and early this morning telling me about a seat sale that priced the flights lower than i had been quoted. Asked hubby to check the AMEX statement and the deposit was paid on Tuesday but the flights not till late yesterday -- AT THE SALE PRICE!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Not sure what others consider a decent RT fare on WestJet out of Pearson for non-stop flights, but we're happy with anything under $1,000 and they came in at $835 That's for mid-January on Wednesday flights, 7:30 am departure from YYZ and 9:25 pm departure from MCO giving almost full days at both ends of the trip.

Further update that pertains to AM ... they've suggested we pay for the entire trip with our AMEX to get insurance coverage (and maximize the miles) and then they'll issue a cheque for the value of the Travel Vouchers. That will net us an extra 220 AM for using the AMEX card (earn rate of 1 mile/$15 on that $3,300 ) AND one more thing for future reference if anyone is ever dragging their feet over using a travel agent because you'll be stuck with whatever package the airlines offer, that's not the case! They used a company called "TravelBrands" to source the exact hotel we wanted and the exact flights on the airline we wanted to create the package we wanted!

This took FOREVER and caused many sleepless nights (and a bunch more grey hair in my case and missing hair in hubby's) but, DANG, this worked out better than i could ever have imagined. Thanks for putting up with my whining and stress mutterings over the last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter