Airmiles Armchair Chatter

POFQ is my favourite WDW resort (with CSR a close second). Disney and DLR are so easy when you have food restrictions! They make my vacations so much more enjoyable! DH wanted us to avoid traveling to the USA in 2016 but not going to Disney (WDW or DLR) was too hard to resist.

As for AM, there will be a Blue Friday this week at IGA QC. Saw an ad for it from AM on my FB.

I still haven't gotten my Sobeys AM from that last blue friday - it was my first blue friday too...coincidence? I think NOT! ;)

Note on the airmiles site about 24 hours of downtime! No cash redemptions, no compulsively checking your balance, etc, during this time.

ll AIR MILES properties, including AIR MILES Cash redemptions, airmiles.ca, the AIR MILES App and airmilesshops.ca will be unavailable due to system upgrades from Sunday, June 30 at 11:00 p.m. ET to Monday, July 1 at 11:00 p.m. ET. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Crossing my fingers Air Miles will finally put the Universal Studios Orlando's 3-day 3-park-to-park tickets! Or at least the summer promo Buy 2 Get 3 days Free tickets.

Cool! It's for nine teens finishing off their school year. Costco sells them in packs of four at a discount. No singles. So I just wanted to help out the ninth person. Turns out all the teens will pitch in a couple of bucks to even out the gate price for that ninth person. Nice! Too bad though that we can't just order an Air Miles ticket and get it in a reasonable time.
Thanks!

How much does Costco charge for the 4 pack?

Never mind. I looked it up. $150 for 4 all-day tickets. That's a great discount! I checked out Calpyso's online ticket system and they want $200 plus tax for 4 all-day tickets.

Last edited:
Just back from Rexall and I'm pretty happy with my haul, not one of my epic returns but I'm pleased with myself.
  • Total charged to my AMEX was $74.61
  • Total AM snagged 160
  • Total saved cause I'm an old lady $23.8
  • Coupons used $5.00
  • Gift card from Last week $10.00
  • Submitted to checkout 51 $6.00
SO I got about $120 worth of stuff that rarely, if ever, goes on sale for $75 and earned miles as well WOOT

I just got an email reminding me to opt-in for the Mastercard offer during Bonus Boom. I had already opted in but checked the offers again to get my lists ready and noticed something about the credit cards offers. Based on this info here, I'm using my MC! We rarely spend more than $100 on a weekend so to think we could come even close to the $250 for the level of AMEX we have just won't happen!
  • Mastercard - Spend $150 get 50
  • AMEX basic - Spend $200 get 25
  • AMEX Platinum - Spend $250 get 50
  • AMEX Reserve - Spend $350 get 75

Total saved cause I'm an old lady $23.8
:rotfl2: :laughing::lmao:I highly doubt your " old " I blurted out a huge laugh when I read that!!!! I'm sure the front staff are wondering what I'm doing in my office now lol . I highly doubt your " old " do you have your hair roller set and combed out, wear knitted sweaters over everything and have a kleenix shoved in the sleeves and have a walk like the huntch back of Notre Dame lol. If you don't look like this...your not old :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: :laughing::lmao:I highly doubt your " old " I blurted out a huge laugh when I read that!!!! I'm sure the front staff are wondering what I'm doing in my office now lol . I highly doubt your " old " do you have your hair roller set and combed out, wear knitted sweaters over everything and have a kleenix shoved in the sleeves and have a walk like the huntch back of Notre Dame lol. If you don't look like this...your not old :rolleyes1
Being an old lady at Rexall requires only being 55 -- i get a kick out of being able to say I'm a senior, SAVE ALL THE MONIES!!!

Regarding the other stuff... naturally curly (very grey) hair don't need no stinkin curlers :P
Knitted sweaters... yeah, no but i do wear far too many hoodies according to my kids
Kleenex stuffed everywhere ... guilty as charged, but in my defense i have allergies

Hunchback ... depends on how full my backpack is :rotfl2:

Easy one in my email today....
View attachment 411800

You got better stores than I did, I got Metro, Staples & Lowes. I don't shop at any of them except occasionally at Metro if they have a good sale on something, and Staples only at back to school time. I wish I had Rexall and sobeys! Oh, mine is for 75 AM too. So I probably should do it? But doesn't feel worth it.

Easy one in my email today....
View attachment 411800
You got better stores than I did, I got Metro, Staples & Lowes. I don't shop at any of them except occasionally at Metro if they have a good sale on something, and Staples only at back to school time. I wish I had Rexall and sobeys! Oh, mine is for 75 AM too. So I probably should do it? But doesn't feel worth it.

I keep checking my email but haven't got these offers yet. I think it will combine with the Bonus Boom thing this weekend to help you get even more miles.

I redeemed for a Sobeys e-giftcard using Cash Miles today (got the one that they email to you since they sent that email saying cash redemptions will not be working June 30-whenever)

I noticed they finally clarified that these can't be used at FreshCo! :( There goes my plan to save a ton of money LOL!

Oh well it looks like Sobeys has a ton of meat on sale this weekend for Canada Day so I will just do my weekly shopping there :)

I keep checking my email but haven't got these offers yet. I think it will combine with the Bonus Boom thing this weekend to help you get even more miles.
That's exactly what I'm mulling over right now. How to take max advantage of this paired with BB...….I'm thinking gift cards at Shell perhaps. Any suggestions? Uggg…if I had a WDW trip planned I would just go to Metro/Sobeys/Rexall and buy gift cards using both the BB Mastercard and Amex offer.

I redeemed for a Sobeys e-giftcard using Cash Miles today (got the one that they email to you since they sent that email saying cash redemptions will not be working June 30-whenever)

I noticed they finally clarified that these can't be used at FreshCo! :( There goes my plan to save a ton of money LOL!

Oh well it looks like Sobeys has a ton of meat on sale this weekend for Canada Day so I will just do my weekly shopping there :)

Thanks for this, I was thinking of doing that as well but if I can't use it at FreshCo I'll just save the few I have for when you get something back when redeeming in store.

I got Staples, Lowes and Global Pet Food for my BMO offer. I don't have a pet......(we want one again, but not till DS is in high school next year and gets home from school earlier!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter