Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Admittedly I went a little wild with taco sauce and salsa and refried beans. Missed out on the taco shells but that is okay. As you can tell we eat a lot of tacos!
Got some ice cream... okay a lot of ice cream... :D
Our favorite granola also had AM so I bought that. and some other things...
I am SO CLOSE to our goal and then I can level up the goals a bit! :D

I want to build a few cash airmiles.
Question,,,do you think Mega Miles could get posted this weekend?
I am thinking of switching over today for a Rexall spend $50 get 100 airmiles.
I don't want to get caught with my Mega Miles going into cash.

Hugs
Mel

I spent $162 and earned 294. I did the Tim's coffee pods, buns, nature valley bars/fruit by the foot treats, tostitos and I had a threshold offer of $125/60 miles, plus a few targeted offers. I was also going to do the taco sauce, but when I got to Sobeys I realized it was the actual "sauce", not the powder mixes. I was bummed as we use the powdered ones for nachos. Oh well.

So now I'm waiting to post: 40 from Sobeys, 294 from Sobeys, 50 from Irving, 122 from Lawton's - all to my card.
Plus, MM will be posting this month, so everyone should see a big spike in their totals :love:

We need to buy DD a car and of course yesterday afternoon DH calls and says something just came in (he works at a dealership) and I needed to bring her over ASAP. So that derailed my plan to get ice cream from Sobeys. However, I still managed to pick up 6 tubs late last night of the Good North stuff. So another 90 miles for me!

I'm currently waiting to find out what the situation is on the car. DD works with her dad and they are driving to work right now having a pow wow on 'is this the one'. She told me this morning that she doesn't hate it. I called the insurance company and I'm hating the quote.

Booked our flights with AM for our March 2020 trip to Disneyland. Added a countdown ticker to my signature :cheer2:
Now working on saving enough AM for 4 5-day DL parkhoppers.
Thanks to all the great tips here from all of you and showing me that it is worth it (and doable!) to get the large promos like STB and MM and also to take advantage of Blue Fridays. Up until about 2 years ago I never bothered with those. Mega Miles spring 2017 was my first big one and I've been hooked ever since. LOL.

I know a few of you in here use CheckOut 51 and i wanted to pass along our score today .. went on the fly to be sure we could snag it before it showed the dreaded message that lets you know you weren't quick enough!

Black Diamond cheese is on sale at Metro for $3.99 and there is an offer for $1.00 off EACH bar & you can claim it up to 5 times. We zipped on down to our store, grabbed 4 bars (store has limit of 4 today), checked out and i submitted the claim in the car on the way home. We also had a targeted offer for 5 AM so bonus!

@Donald - my hero, I'm trying to back into Checkout51. But there really isn't much that I would buy or I need to buy lots of something to save $1.00.
I glance thru it each week and rarely pick more than 9 things to put in my list and even fewer times that i actually claim those items! I have cashed out my account for a total of $41.25 in the last 8 months .. not a lot but every little bit helps, right?
Imodium for $2.00, Tylenol cold for $5.00, Metamucil for $3.00, Probiotics i take for $4.00 several times, Benadryl for $2.00 twice. A couple of $1.00 off actual food things, but mainly drugs & cleaning products. This cheese was the first "exciting" one for me -- heck those cheese now cost me $2.99

I have had some good luck with Checkout51 lately. I love Dove deodorant and a few weeks back it was $2.99 ea at Shoppers. Checkout51 had an offer for $1.00 off you could claim twice, plus a bonus of $1.50 I think when you bought 2!

They have also had Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour $3.50 off, which pairs nicely with RCSS selling that almond flour for $11.98 for the past little while. Almond flour is SO expensive so that's a really nice treat. ($16 usually on Amazon!)

Okay, so this checkout 51 is new to me. How does this work? How do you upload your receipt? Just snap a picture? How do you cash out when you want to? Anything else I should know?

I have checkout 51. You just take pics of your receipt. You have to have $20 to cash out. I have had it since it came out but have only cashedbout twice. I do check every week. I dont buy things just to get the money back. I have had some luck though, I got some cat and dog food at sobeys that had 50 AM each and were $3 & $5 back. They do often have new things, I think to get people to try them. And you can use actual coupons in store and combine with checkout 51.

I get TONS of brands that are not available in Halifax. TONS of lactose-free, gluten-free, vegan, etc all which do not apply to us. And if there is a product I would buy, I need to purchase 3 of them to save a couple of bucks. If you do a lot of baking, I find there are always offers geared towards that.

I have checkout 51. You just take pics of your receipt. You have to have $20 to cash out. I have had it since it came out but have only cashedbout twice. I do check every week. I dont buy things just to get the money back. I have had some luck though, I got some cat and dog food at sobeys that had 50 AM each and were $3 & $5 back. They do often have new things, I think to get people to try them. And you can use actual coupons in store and combine with checkout 51.
How do you cash out? Do you get a cheque or do they do GC's? Is it PayPal based, I don't use PayPal.

I want to build a few cash airmiles.
Question,,,do you think Mega Miles could get posted this weekend?
I am thinking of switching over today for a Rexall spend $50 get 100 airmiles.
I don't want to get caught with my Mega Miles going into cash.

Hugs
Mel
Oh phooey, i feel terrible this question slipped right past me! IF i had actually seen it when you posted my answer might have helped but now? Akkk ... based on my calculations the absolute earliest the MM miles will appear is June 6th but that's just a guess at this point. Based on that I wouldn't want to risk switching over right now. I would hate to have a hunk pop into the wrong account. Sorry I missed this :sad2:

Oh phooey, i feel terrible this question slipped right past me! IF i had actually seen it when you posted my answer might have helped but now? Akkk ... based on my calculations the absolute earliest the MM miles will appear is June 6th but that's just a guess at this point. Based on that I wouldn't want to risk switching over right now. I would hate to have a hunk pop into the wrong account. Sorry I missed this :sad2:

Hi Hon
No problem Hon,,, I did switch for one day and banked a couple of Rexall shops today,,,then switched back to dream miles. All is good.
FYI
Reminder to everyone today is the last day to buy any Cineplex Odeon voucher/tickets to be entered in the win movies for a year contest.
What can I win?
  • The Grand Prize of 52 Cineplex®† Great Escape Certificates– that’s a year of FREE movies for 2 people!
  • Or, one of 2 secondary prizes: $200 Cineplex®† Gift Card or a $100 Cineplex®† Gift Card

Hugs
Mel

So this was my first time that Blue Friday actually paid off for me at Sobeys - they had stock at 10 pm! Spent 318$, and got 815 AM. Tortillas and shells, Tostitos chips, Johnsonville sausages, PB, bacon mmmmm, Liberte yogourt, buns, TP and kleenex, and some actual groceries we needed, lol. They didn't have any fresh Olivieri pasta left, couldn't find the bagels, and never saw Swiss Chalet meat pies there, but overall I'm happy.

Had to call in to get the 4 loaded offers that I used that didn't show on the receipt (my god, they are so pleasant on the phone compared to airmiles!), including one shop 200$ get 75 AM, so I'm overall happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter