Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thank you to everyone in this wonderful group!!
I just made my goal of 9500 Cash AM for my summer road trip. And to think, DH didn’t think it was possible last year!
Oh, and I quickly switched my ratio before MegaMiles post.
My new goal is 20 000AM for next year’s trip
Thank you!!

I just made my goal of 9500 Cash AM for my summer road trip. And to think, DH didn’t think it was possible last year!
Thank you!!
We are very excited for you and more than happy to help AM hunt anytime! This group is so much fun and support.

Thank you!!
I'm so happy to read posts like this! I started it almost 5 years and even I have noticed a huge increase in my earnings. We don't come anywhere close to most of the regulars here but I still appreciate all the tips & suggestions for increasing the haul and i get excited to see everyone doing so well and reporting their successes.

Holy smokes gang, I was just checking to see when this thread started and noticed this. I had NO idea when i was sitting in the living room, tweaking plans for an upcoming 2 week trip to celebrate our 30th anniversary and glancing thru the flyers, that a tiny ad would grow into this amazing community! Thanks for joining me on this adventure!!!

Holy smokes gang, I was just checking to see when this thread started and noticed this. I had NO idea when i was sitting in the living room, tweaking plans for an upcoming 2 week trip to celebrate our 30th anniversary and glancing thru the flyers, that a tiny ad would grow into this amazing community! Thanks for joining me on this adventure!!!

View attachment 406250

1 MILLION VIEWS!?

holy smokes indeed!

I think that means 1 million thank yous to you, Jacqueline, for helping keep us all organized with our miles, and for fostering such a supportive and productive community :thanks:

Oooh NEW PERK available gang!
Get a free small ice cream!
Sign in with your AIR MILES Collector Number and email address to get your promo code.
Then show your promo code at your local Marble Slab Creamery to get a free small ice cream!

You can claim 1 promo code per month from June 3 to July 31, 2019. Any unused promo codes will expire after 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2019.

You can get one code per account per month, so 2 per card i guess! I've already got both of ours, now we just need a sunny day to go enjoy it 🍦
Perk Reward, Free Marble Slab Ice Cream

Last edited:
Finally able to check in here from the weekend. Great Blue Friday hauls everyone :cheer2:

I had plans to get up bright and early...hit there before going to pick up the DD from the airport who was flying in for ds graduation. About 5:45 ds son ( who was graduating ) came upstairs, needing to go to the hospital. His asthma was hitting hard. The air quality in northern Alberta with all the wildfires was very poor. At times Thursday we could barely see the strip mall across the street from our back yard. So off to the ER for his hit of ventolin. It was a busy day of hospital visits x2, graduation ceremonies, many pictures, and family visiting. So no blue Friday shopping for me.

But now that our milestone May if finally behind us...I can focus again on Am collecting. I was soooooo exhausted last night, I sat on the couch, turned on Netflix and must have done 15 surveys lol. so hopefully that will boost the miles a little bit and me collecting again!

For those who have booked a package vacation with air miles on redtag.ca, is it a one-shot deal for redeeming your miles towards your trip? Meaning, can I put a deposit down, then as I earn more miles, apply them to the total cost? Or, can I ONLY apply miles at the time of making the initial purchase?

Last edited:
Sign in with your AIR MILES Collector Number and email address to get your promo code.
Then show your promo code at your local Marble Slab Creamery to get a free small ice cream!

You can claim 1 promo code per month from June 3 to July 31, 2019. Any unused promo codes will expire after 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2019.

You can get one code per account per month, so 2 per card i guess! I've already got both of ours, now we just need a sunny day to go enjoy it 🍦
None in Ottawa, but there are two in Winnipeg and DS and I are heading there in two weeks so... (correction: there are, the map feature just doesn't work very well. Now I will have to go get ice cream with DH for Fathers Day.

Last edited:

Yup, got one for DH's card, but not mine. Strange.

Thanks! I was able to get one printed for my card and my daughter's. For some reason I can't get one with my husband's card. It keeps saying "sorry, something went wrong. Try again later." I have tried three different browers and cleared the history/cache. I'll have to chat with Air Miles to figure it out later. I'm waiting for Hyundai to pick me up so I can get my husband's car back. $1,900 later... :rolleyes2 Needed 4 new tires; put tires on the rim; alignment PLUS front & back brakes. Ugh.

For all you Marble Slab fans ... if you have a CAA card they have a "free ice cream cookie" day once a year. All you have to do is go in, show your card and pick any flavour of their cookie goodies. Those things are HUGE! They had it in 2017, & 18 on August 2nd so it stands to reason it will happen again this year!

Last edited:
For all you Marble Slab fans ... if you have a CAA card they have a "free ice cream cookie" day once a year. All you have to do is go in, show your card and pick any flavour of their cookie goodies. Those things are HUGE! They had it in 2017, & 18 so it stands to reason it will happen again this year!

That's cool. I'll have to google and see if I can find out the date. Thanks!

When trying for the Marble Slab ice cream, if you get the same error message (I mentioned in a post or two earlier) that I did on my husband's card -> the system thinks you already got a code and won't give you another. At least, that's what Air Miles chat is telling me.

I just got the flyers! Any one in the Maritimes that has a Lawton's Drugs, it's Blue Friday this week, plus a spend $75, get 50 miles on Friday too. Really great offers!

Crispy Minis: 2/$4 - buy 4/get 40 miles;
Alpha Getti / Beans: 4/$5 - buy 4/get 35 miles;
Garnier Fructis haircare: $2.99 - buy 3/get 30 miles;
Listerine mouthwash: $6.99 - buy 2/get 50 miles;
Christie crackers (various): 2/$5 - buy 4/get 30 miles;
Pudding/Popcorn: 4/$5 - buy 4/get 30 miles;
Arm & Hammer laundry detergent: $3.99 - buy 2/get 25 miles;

And some other offers too!

Sobeys Atlantic has redeem 95 miles, get 25 bonus miles - 7 day offer.
Buy $60 Netflix cards, get 75 miles.
A few other offers.

. About 5:45 ds son ( who was graduating ) came upstairs, needing to go to the hospital. His asthma was hitting hard. The air quality in northern Alberta with all the wildfires was very poor. At times Thursday we could barely see the strip mall across the street from our back yard. So off to the ER for his hit of ventolin. It was a busy day of hospital visits x2, graduation ceremonies, many pictures, and family visiting.
Oh dear I am so sorry to hear about your son. I am in the same predicament, I have a nebulizer thankfully and I have been sucking on it like Alice's Caterpillar LOL these last few weeks.

Thanks! I was able to get one printed for my card and my daughter's. For some reason I can't get one with my husband's card. It keeps saying "sorry, something went wrong. Try again later." I have tried three different browers and cleared the history/cache. I'll have to chat with Air Miles to figure it out later. I'm waiting for Hyundai to pick me up so I can get my husband's car back. $1,900 later... :rolleyes2 Needed 4 new tires; put tires on the rim; alignment PLUS front & back brakes. Ugh.

I got my second one using my phone. Try using a different computer type device and send it to your email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter