Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Did anyone get an AMEX Travel Redemption Benefit recently? I received 340 points on Nov 23. I did redeem for a flight recently but didn't use my AMEX for the taxes and fees so I'm thinking maybe it's a mistake.

Did anyone get an AMEX Travel Redemption Benefit recently? I received 340 points on Nov 23. I did redeem for a flight recently but didn't use my AMEX for the taxes and fees so I'm thinking maybe it's a mistake.
You don't need to use the card to get the travel benefit. (Weird, I know!)

woah, this is the first week since this thread got rolling that we haven't talked about the weekly flyers! I guess I'm not the only one who was underwhelmed by the offers, or everyone else is just as tapped out as I am with the boring tasks of grocery shopping :P

Most of the chatter is in the B3 thread but just a few things I think might be worth mentioning:

• the offer for using cash miles at Metro is only valid until Sunday
  • The in-app offer for Metro is for an irresistible pie that can let you do 3 offers if that appeals to you - cash miles, in-app offer & part of a $20 threshold
  • Crave frozen dinners hubby loves (especially the breakie ones) 3.99 buy 2 get 10 miles @Metro
  • If you have a threshold to meet there are 3 offers in the Metro app for food bank bags that are good thru Dec 29 I'll be doing the baby one this week probably
  • Foodland has a CHEESE ADVENT CALENDAR?!?!?
  • The coke specialty sodas in the little glass bottles Foodland 5.49 buy 3 get 50 miles YES that's $ but they are a really nice treat for hubby
  • There's a 20x sitewide multiplier thru Airmilesshops and LOTS of stores have their own bonuses plus the gold & onyx can mean big returns

Are PCs included in the 20X or are the excluded? If they are, yay for me as my son just purchased one and I did it through AM shops with Staples. And a monitor through Walmart.
My kids are getting me a lot of AM this BF. I'm making them go through AM shops and using my AM CC (they etransfer me) to get my points. However I'm worried I may cc may be flagged as my last purchase was declined and I still have a ton of room. Called BMO and wait was 1.5 to 2 hours so I chose the call back feature.

Still waiting here for my AM for my cancelled March 2020 trip :(

Same! I have called several times about our April 2020 flights, and just keep getting the standard line about "taking a while to get through the backlog".
Sigh, oh well, at least I know we won't be redeeming for travel any time soon anyway, but I'd love the miles and taxes/fees cash back though!

ARGH, I'm kicking myself right now!! Hubby said he needed new computer pieces, but it would be pricey. As it was needed, he just went ahead and bought whatever he could find, even if there were no Black Friday deals.
I completely forgot he likes buying from Newegg, and therefore we missed out on 1000-2000 points because of the 20X sitewide AMshops. Argh. He only buys from them like once every 5 years, so I always forget it's a sponser!
Sigh.
We have been having a terrible Nov. 2021 so far and now this just kicks me when I'm down.

Trying to remind myself that we didn't "lose" anything, we just didn't gain something free? Yah, doesn't help right now, but eventually I'll think like that.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Are PCs included in the 20X or are the excluded? If they are, yay for me as my son just purchased one and I did it through AM shops with Staples. And a monitor through Walmart.
My kids are getting me a lot of AM this BF. I'm making them go through AM shops and using my AM CC (they etransfer me) to get my points. However I'm worried I may cc may be flagged as my last purchase was declined and I still have a ton of room. Called BMO and wait was 1.5 to 2 hours so I chose the call back feature.
YUP! the 20x applies to everything you normally get miles for at Staples and Walmart PLUS the bonus of either 2x if you're Gold or 3x if you're Onyx, you're gonna clean up!

urgh really helps if you hit post reply before putting your phone down 🤦‍♀️

sorry friends, life has been super busy and i haven’t been keeping up as much lately.

i got a coupon from sample source for a bag of purina pro plan cat food. do any of you pet people use this brand? i’d be happy to mail it—it’s worth almost 30$, so i would definitely rather share it vs. chucking it.

Had a bit of an Airmiles fail yesterday - which of all the things going on is REALLY not a big deal. But we have 30L gas restriction - perfect for a B3 right? Wrong. They are allowing $45 max transaction. Which is only 27.795L of gas because it’s up over 1.60 lol —- but since we are restricted to essential travel by vehicle only, there’s about zero percent chance I’ll need more than 30L before the end of B3.

guess you can’t win them all - even the low hanging fruit ones 😂 🤦🏻‍♀️

Had a bit of an Airmiles fail yesterday - which of all the things going on is REALLY not a big deal. But we have 30L gas restriction - perfect for a B3 right? Wrong. They are allowing $45 max transaction. Which is only 27.795L of gas because it’s up over 1.60 lol —- but since we are restricted to essential travel by vehicle only, there’s about zero percent chance I’ll need more than 30L before the end of B3.

guess you can’t win them all - even the low hanging fruit ones 😂 🤦🏻‍♀️
Went to a Shell last night and the only options in Easypay were $20 or $40!? So that’s not even the 30 liters.
luckily I did my B3 last week when you could still put the full 30 liters in. Just went last night to top up and do the lottery and non-fuel B3 offers.

What, really! Ok this is a game changer for me. :santa: Where were you a decade ago.

LOL well the thought process is not working ....I just found a Star Wars T shirt on Mr Big Tall Men which has sent me down the rabbit hole again.
Ahhhhhh Christmas!

Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter