Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I need to chase miles for the new year 10X AS! I used both cards and placed two orders. The Well.ca one got posted, but not the Amazon one. I hate to chase miles because I forget easily. I had miles to chase for a Rexall shop. Since it’s no longer an AM partner, can I still send in a request? TIA!!

I need to chase miles for the new year 10X AS! I used both cards and placed two orders. The Well.ca one got posted, but not the Amazon one. I hate to chase miles because I forget easily. I had miles to chase for a Rexall shop. Since it’s no longer an AM partner, can I still send in a request? TIA!!
you have up to a year from the date that the miles should have posted to start a "hunt" so get a move on it! Start with online chat or Facebook messenger if you prefer and then move up to calling if you need. I've been known to stop a chat session and start a new one if I end up with a new or by the books agent BTW, if they're owing you miles keep at it!!

Shell needs a window to the outside,,, kind of like a drive thru.

I picked up some pop and snacks for my oldest son because I know he's feeling a bit lonely and dropped the stuff off at his house.
so my big Airmiles for this week will be ..... wait for it ....wait for it....
25.:magnify:
Oh well maybe next week,,I am socially distancing myself from my Sobeys as they have had a few Covid issues in Jan.
Maybe Feb will be better.

Hugs
Mel

Shell needs a window to the outside,,, kind of like a drive thru.

I picked up some pop and snacks for my oldest son because I know he's feeling a bit lonely and dropped the stuff off at his house.
so my big Airmiles for this week will be ..... wait for it ....wait for it....
25.:magnify:
Oh well maybe next week,,I am socially distancing myself from my Sobeys as they have had a few Covid issues in Jan.
Maybe Feb will be better.

Hugs
Mel
The only AM I got this week were the 8 I got for paying my insurance.

you have up to a year from the date that the miles should have posted to start a "hunt" so get a move on it! Start with online chat or Facebook messenger if you prefer and then move up to calling if you need. I've been known to stop a chat session and start a new one if I end up with a new or by the books agent BTW, if they're owing you miles keep at it!!
Thanks my hero! I will do that.

Ok so my Airmiles posted but way more than I thought I was missing ,,,,not sure how that happened as I keep every receipt ,,anyway it is all good!
Enough for 3 nights at my preferred hotel now.:lovestruc

Hugs
Mel

It's always nice to get more than expected! And having a goal in mind helps save them (instead of spending them on things I don't need... )

It's always nice to get more than expected! And having a goal in mind helps save them (instead of spending them on things I don't need... )

Yep
Lol Heather
we are going to nominate you as our Airmiles Gate Keeper.
*Thou shall not waste Airmiles*

yixtiL1.jpg

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Ooo! I want to hear people’s goals! Mine are burning a hole in my pocket but obviously not many fun things to spend them on these days.

My evergreen goal is to have enough “laying around” for a DL 5 day PH. Although next time I might try to see if I could get a voucher from the Onyx shopper for whatever the new AP program looks like.

My other “savings” is for 7 day car rentals in Hawaii. it’s a bit evergreen too....lol

I don’t ever need flights or hotels (way too many Marriott points) so am at a bit of a loss to “dream bigger” lol

What are you saving for/what’s your AM goal?

Last edited:
Ahhhhh....on the online chat with air miles trying to get my points from Nov.29th. I bought a laptop from Dell and I'm sure there was a 5x air miles with Dell on that day plus the 10x from Air miles shops. They are telling me no that only Dell Technologies had the 5x multiplier. I never took a screen shot because Im an idiot!
I wanted to double check my records for you to make sure you didn't miss miles because I wasn't right on top of everything throughout the promo. Luckily I keep every single piece of email that i get from airmiles so I dug up the one about Black Friday and found this info (occasionally they will mention about certain stores as well as the big site wide multipliers) unfortunately for you though the deal with Dell was ONLY valid on the 27th while Dell Technologies was the entire weekend. Again, I'm sorry 😞
20210129_044142.jpg

My other “savings” is for 7 day car rentals in Hawaii. it’s a bit evergreen too....lol

I don’t ever need flights or hotels (way too many Marriott points) so am at a bit of a loss to “dream bigger” lol

Ohhhh are you long term planning a trip to Hawaii? Possibly a DL/Hawaii combo?

If you (or any one else here ) has never been to Hawaii, ask me before you book hotels, flights etc
We have been many times, to all the islands and have done DL/Hawaii combos too.
Not pushing it on you just here if you need any advice because I LOVE Hawaii

Those Marriott points can get you to an amazing resort just down the road from Disney's Aulani called the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club.
We like to do a split stay between the two resorts, usually at Marriott first and then the last few days we rent DVC points to stay at Aulani for quite a bit less than rack rate (plus free parking)

and that brings me around to what I am saving my AMs for-airfare to Hawaii! I have enough for two round trip tickets and DH has almost enough for one more on his card.

Hawaii is on my bucket list. But I have no idea what to do there :) Kiddo wants to go as well, but he likes to be BUSY on trips, though he says he wants to just relax by the pool I know he'll want to be doing more than that. I'd be content to read a book on the beach or something. But we want to hike or swim or whatever and be on the go. I'll get to looking into it soon I'm sure. We have a few more cruises I want to do, and Disney of course. I just think Hawaii is so pretty. Someday :)

Ooo! I want to hear people’s goals! Mine are burning a hole in my pocket but obviously not many fun things to spend them on these days.

My evergreen goal is to have enough “laying around” for a DL 5 day PH. Although next time I might try to see if I could get a voucher from the Onyx shopper for whatever the new AP program looks like.

I’ve found my best bet is to keep airmiles on cash miles. I then use them for gas and groceries and put the corresponding amount in to vacation savings in cash. Then I’m free to book a good deal anywhere without as many restrictions. Thats just what works for me. By the time I expect to be able to go again I will have two years of airmiles, Westjet rewards, PC Optimum points, survey points , birthday and Christmas gifts ( I always ask for Disney gift cards).
The goal will be to pay as little as possible out of pocket for a 10 night offsite trip at some point. I think I can cover at least half but probably two thirds this way !
Dreaming is keeping my head above water during this cold lockdown winter :cloud9:

If you (or any one else here ) has never been to Hawaii, ask me before you book hotels, flights etc

Those Marriott points can get you to an amazing resort just down the road from Disney's Aulani called the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club.
We like to do a split stay between the two resorts, usually at Marriott first and then the last few days we rent DVC points to stay at Aulani for quite a bit less than rack rate (plus free parking)

and that brings me around to what I am saving my AMs for-airfare to Hawaii! I have enough for two round trip tickets and DH has almost enough for one more on his card.
We will be looking you up for all the help. As soon as we know it is safe to travel for us. As much as we love WDW, I think after all this is done we will splurge on Hawaii. We did DL couple of years ago, loved it and the weather and will look at catching the back end of the trip there again.

Well with a name like alohamom! (I should have guessd!)

I’ve been quite a few times. It’s just the best. My last trip we did Aulani for the first time. It was fine.(I know, I know) ..but what was next level was our stay at the Moana Surfrider in Waikiki. We had the loveliest stay and the spa there with the sauna with the picture window overlooking the beach and out to Diamond Head. I legit cried. It was stunning. I daydream about that stay daily. 😍

Hawaii is on my bucket list. But I have no idea what to do there :) Kiddo wants to go as well, but he likes to be BUSY on trips, though he says he wants to just relax by the pool I know he'll want to be doing more than that. I'd be content to read a book on the beach or something. But we want to hike or swim or whatever and be on the go. I'll get to looking into it soon I'm sure. We have a few more cruises I want to do, and Disney of course. I just think Hawaii is so pretty. Someday :)

Honestly you can do Hawaii from Canada for about the same, if not less, than most 5* all-inclusives. Obviously it depends on the time of year and where you stay but is can be done. Let me know if you ever want my help, I am always up for Hawaii talk. The Aulani section of the Dis is also full of great info and some trip reports. There is tons to do in Hawaii for kids and adults, especially on the island of Oahu.

Well with a name like alohamom! (I should have guessd!)

I’ve been quite a few times. It’s just the best. My last trip we did Aulani for the first time. It was fine.(I know, I know) ..but what was next level was our stay at the Moana Surfrider in Waikiki. We had the loveliest stay and the spa there with the sauna with the picture window overlooking the beach and out to Diamond Head. I legit cried. It was stunning. I daydream about that stay daily. 😍

Ohhhh I have only walked past the Moana Surfider, never stayed there. Even the entrance alone is stunning! Aulani is kind of secluded but we use it as a home base and spend the day out and about over at Kailua Beach and up in the North Shore for surfing and snorkelling (Sharks Cove is the best) Oh now I am daydreaming! i really do love the lazy river pool at Aulani. If it wasn't there I don't know if we would stay there. Ok, off the hawaii talk-back to Air Miles LOL

Ooo! I want to hear people’s goals!

I booked a Transatlantic cruise on Royal Caribbean for April 2022. *If* we end up going (depends on vaccinations and rules for those who are unvaccinated - my son will be 12 and I am guessing unvaccinated since there are presently no vaccines for kids), then I am saving for flights and hotels. I need 3 one way flights to Fort Lauderdale from Winnipeg and 3 one way flights from Rome to Winnipeg.

I’ve found my best bet is to keep airmiles on cash miles. I then use them for gas and groceries and put the corresponding amount in to vacation savings in cash. Then I’m free to book a good deal anywhere without as many restrictions. Thats just what works for me. By the time I expect to be able to go again I will have two years of airmiles, Westjet rewards, PC Optimum points, survey points , birthday and Christmas gifts ( I always ask for Disney gift cards).
The goal will be to pay as little as possible out of pocket for a 10 night offsite trip at some point. I think I can cover at least half but probably two thirds this way !
Dreaming is keeping my head above water during this cold lockdown winter :cloud9:
This is a good plan too! I've considered doing this...but I don't like how you have to go into Shell to redeem...and I order groceries from Thrifty Foods and I don't think they'll let you redeem - which again means you have to go in.... lol maybe post-pandemic I'll get on this train! :D

I booked a Transatlantic cruise on Royal Caribbean for April 2022. *If* we end up going (depends on vaccinations and rules for those who are unvaccinated - my son will be 12 and I am guessing unvaccinated since there are presently no vaccines for kids), then I am saving for flights and hotels. I need 3 one way flights to Fort Lauderdale from Winnipeg and 3 one way flights from Rome to Winnipeg.
Oh that's great!! That sounds like lots of at sea days (which are totally my fave!)

That sounds like an awesome trip... I hope you are able to do it (and that you plan to spend some time in Rome, unless you have been there before I guess). My son wants to go to Europe but doesn't like flying... even the 3 hours flights to Florida are rough on him. But he does it for the fun he has there. I can't imagine a 12 hours flight over seas...

I always have a cruise booked for some point in the future so flights and hotels are it for now. I may use a night or two in hotels this summer depending on how things go. I used some to get Toronto Zoo tickets last summer but they came after my trip, so we have to use them this year before the end of August I think. I thought they were electronic tickets but they were mailed. Otherwise, I'm saving for a possible Universal or Disney trip, Universal is nice because you can use AM for the hotel and tickets. Add in flights if you have enough AM and all you have to pay for is food/souvenirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter