Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well, with all of the new travel restrictions announced today, I've finally admitted to myself that travel won't happen for a long time. Vaccinations will take forever. etc etc etc. Therefore, I am starting to cash out my Cash miles to get my house in order. I need new furniture in my living room and rec room badly. Once we can travel, every last flipping air mile is going to travel again.

Rant over.

i’m going to keep collecting dream on my account...i would feel better with all my AM in cash, but at this point, i have a decent stockpile. it feels silly to split them. so i’ll let the dream miles build up and put them allllll towards a nice trip sometime in the indeterminate future.

pre-covid, the plan was to use them for a family cruise. now, i’m not so sure. maybe a disney hotel, maybe an all-inclusive...

it feels a bit risky...for all we know, points will be really devalued or all kinds of restrictions...but either way it feels like taking a gamble.

I will keep my miles as dream. Eventually we’ll get to take the DL/San Francisco trip cancelled last March due to COVID and may be able to use the miles for hotels and/or car rental. We also have always wanted to do an Alaska cruise so since I believe you can use miles on redtag, can save for that as well.

My Shell Offer
Get 75 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles
when you opt in by February 4, 2021 and then fill up 2 times with a minimum of 30L of any grade fuel at Shell from February 9, 2021 to February 28, 2021.*
(max. 75 Bonus Miles)
Dang I need gas now but I guess for all the driving I am currently doing $5 should tie me over till the 9th.:moped:

Get 5 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you opt in by February 4, 2021 and spend $10 or more per transaction on qualifying non-fuel purchases from February 9, 2021 to February 28, 2021.**
(max. 25 Bonus Miles)

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Does anyone know what happens when you don't opt-in to a Shell offer in time for what the ad says, but the website let's you opt in anyway?

I just realized I had an ad for 1AM per $1, opt in by January 24th, purchase between Jan 27-Feb 17. When I opted in tonight it said "Done! You’ve successfully loaded this offer to your AIR MILES® Card."

I suppose it's possible I opted in before now and just forget as the ad came out on the 21st as there's a ton going on... But if not, do you think it will still work?

Just thinking of some others enjoying some hot pancakes , waffles and muffins makes me happy.:love:
My online order delivered tonight via Metro home delivery.
QtySubtotal
YOUR ORDER
Pantry​
Aunt Jemima
Complete buttermilk pancake mix
905 g
Quantity ordered: 12
You save: $11.88
200 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​
12​
$36.00​
Quaker
Oatmeal chocolate chip muffin mix
900 g
You save: $4.95​
5​
$15.00​
Quaker
Blueberry buttermilk muffin mix
900 g
You save: $11.88​
12​
$36.00​
Aunt Jemima
Pancake and waffle complete mix
905 g
Quantity ordered: 4
You save: $2.97
200 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​
4​
$12.99​

Please remember your local Food bank as you are collecting your airmiles.
Every can, package and container is needed and very much appreciated.
Thanks and
Hugs
Mel
1611974196408.png

@ElCray I wouldn't count on it working. Just because they haven't shut down the opt in button doesn't mean they don't have a tracker on the date you opted in. I have opted in for multiple offers from Shell at the same time and sometimes they work sometimes they don't. I don't bother to follow up because it's not usually for too many miles and not worth the effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter