Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I felt the information regarding restrictions was same old --- same old and the restrictions for me not strong enough,, but that's me and I respect others may not agree. The numbers are heart wrenching and staggering,, lets all stay safe and we will be ok and get through this together,
As my Nana would say put the Tea pot on,,everything is better with a cup of tea....and a few brownies.
Hugs Hon
Mel
Ditto. I wish they would just hammer it all down for a bit and not let anyone from anywhere in or out. Like New Zealand did. Then keep the gates closed till everyone has control of their countries. I want a vacation as bad as the next but not if it means I could be putting someone at risk.
Also, give the fines out. They have been put in place for a reason.
And yes, not every ones opinion but it's mine....

So ...........................................................................
Airmiles says that Sobeys is refusing to honor the milk purchases I made even though I have issued them all the receipts.
16,350 airmiles ....................................................... Poof!!!
I must have missed this. What happened? That's a lot to lose.

I must have missed this. What happened? That's a lot to lose.

Milkgate
I purchased cans of carnation 2% milk and donated it all to the food bank.

Each can rang up as 50 bonus airmiles.
I went to two different Sobeys to make the purchases.
Sobeys now says there was an ERROR.
Well over 4 -5 days they never realized the ERROR and people continued to purchase the milk.
The points posted to some people's accounts,, others nothing posted and no notification from Sobeys or Airmiles.
They then took the airmiles back out of people's accounts with no explanation at all.
They then told me to wait 120 days. They then side stepped the problem. Then they said oh we have no control it's Sobeys decision.

I guess the thing I realized today is they have no power to do anything,, they are like a telephone call center that acts as a point posting
company. Even the office of the President /Loyalty is a call center,, and their knowledge is limited.

Ok enough,,, move along Mel go make a cup of tea.
Brighter days tomorrow.
Look out PC points I'm on my way. lol

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Airmiles says that Sobeys is refusing to honor the milk purchases I made even though I have issued them all the receipts.
As a *goodwill* gesture Airmiles will give me 500 Airmiles.
Am I happy ,,,, NO but I will move along and NOT trust Airmiles as a company again.
As an intermediary company Airmiles has no power at all to resolve these situations.

I would also tell others that I was asked not to share with anyone that they were giving me these Airmiles.,,,, apparently I am just getting them as I am a long time loyalty member. I told them NO I would be posting my experience and information.

Please be aware that some of the terms & conditions on products has recently changed
example: Rep seemed surprised that I noticed this.................................... in My Offers.

"We reserve the right to limit quantities to reasonable family requirements.®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated."
Rep said that Sponsors have made changes due to Covid ,,,I said then you as an intermediary have a responsibility to notify your clients (shoppers ,buyers).

Overall this left a bad taste and feeling (especially since all the product was a food donation) , but I feel better educated about the way they operate their company.

Hugs Mel

This is consistent with my experience with my cancelled flights in the spring. AM basically passes the buck and blames their partner (Air Canada in my case, Sobeys in yours) and doesn’t take responsibility and doesn’t truly provide the customer service they should be providing.

As a *goodwill* gesture Airmiles will give me 500 Airmiles.
Am I happy ,,,, NO but I will move along and NOT trust Airmiles as a company again.
As an intermediary company Airmiles has no power at all to resolve these situations.

I would also tell others that I was asked not to share with anyone that they were giving me these Airmiles.,,,, apparently I am just getting them as I am a long time loyalty member. I told them NO I would be posting my experience and information.

Please be aware that some of the terms & conditions on products has recently changed
example: Rep seemed surprised that I noticed this.................................... in My Offers.

"We reserve the right to limit quantities to reasonable family requirements.®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated."
Rep said that Sponsors have made changes due to Covid ,,,I said then you as an intermediary have a responsibility to notify your clients (shoppers ,buyers).

Overall this left a bad taste and feeling (especially since all the product was a food donation) , but I feel better educated about the way they operate their company.

Hugs Mel
Milkgate
I purchased cans of carnation 2% milk and donated it all to the food bank.

Each can rang up as 50 bonus airmiles.
I went to two different Sobeys to make the purchases.
Sobeys now says there was an ERROR.
Well over 4 -5 days they never realized the ERROR and people continued to purchase the milk.
The points posted to some people's accounts,, others nothing posted and no notification from Sobeys or Airmiles.
They then took the airmiles back out of people's accounts with no explanation at all.
They then told me to wait 120 days. They then side stepped the problem. Then they said oh we have no control it's Sobeys decision.

I guess the thing I realized today is they have no power to do anything,, they are like a telephone call center that acts as a point posting
company. Even the office of the President /Loyalty is a call center,, and their knowledge is limited.

Ok enough,,, move along Mel go make a cup of tea.
Brighter days tomorrow.
Look out PC points I'm on my way. lol

Hugs Mel

Holy crap that's a heck of a lot of Air Miles to lose!! :headache::headache: Have you thought about taking it further? To one of the news channels that has a reporter who specalises in resolutions between individuals and companies/corporations?

Last year (2019 that is) around Christmas, PC Optimum/Points had a contest running. Until about 3 pm that day everyone who played won. Usually $100 or more in PC Points. By 3 pm the contest was fixed back to normal odds. A couple of days later PC Points took back the points out of everyone's account making some accounts result in negative points as the points were already spent. There was a huge uproar. PC Points ended up giving everyone their points back.

I'd take it to the media. That's too many miles to have taken back at no fault of your own.

Well, if I'd known it was "tea day" i would have posted a picture of what I'm using for my 14 day challenge of baking soda. I'm currently on day 9 which is the point where i usually start to HATE eating whatever the food is because I need to eat like waaaay too much of the item 3 times a day. So here's an artfully created picture of my blueberry muffin that's my late night snack :P

Currently waiting for the Metro flyer to drop. I wasn't sure what today's announcement would involve so i did a mega shop on Sunday night and discovered my milk was on sale with BIG miles attached. If there's nothing else good coming on Thursday I'll head out tomorrow and grab more, otherwise we should be good for 2 weeks. Batten down the hatches and all that jazz.

The last couple of days have been extra rough for the Duck, we left for Florida on January 11th, a day early to avoid the freezing rain storm (that actually ended up impacting the flight we were supposed to be on the next day) We made a promise to each other around 11 pm on January 12th (so just a little more than an hour ago at this point) while hubby was eating a MASSIVE ice cream cookie sammie that we would make annual January trips at least 2 weeks long, preferably the 3. BAM, before we even came home COVID-19 reared it's ugly head and we arrived back at Pearson 2 days after the 1st case in Ontario. Less than 3 weeks later they used the dreaded "P" word and in just over a month lockdown struck. Not sure when we'll get back now and dang, that hurts!

I just spent an hour going down the rabbit hole of the thread that @mort1331 started for me and realized i never did get back to it and add more pictures. Anyone interested in seeing more of our trip even though it was a year ago???

GAWD, I promise to get back to Airmiles, this will be my last off-topic post !!

The last couple of days have been extra rough for the Duck, we left for Florida on January 11th, a day early to avoid the freezing rain storm (that actually ended up impacting the flight we were supposed to be on the next day) We made a promise to each other around 11 pm on January 12th (so just a little more than an hour ago at this point) while hubby was eating a MASSIVE ice cream cookie sammie that we would make annual January trips at least 2 weeks long, preferably the 3. BAM, before we even came home COVID-19 reared it's ugly head and we arrived back at Pearson 2 days after the 1st case in Ontario. Less than 3 weeks later they used the dreaded "P" word and in just over a month lockdown struck. Not sure when we'll get back now and dang, that hurts!

I just spent an hour going down the rabbit hole of the thread that @mort1331 started for me and realized i never did get back to it and add more pictures. Anyone interested in seeing more of our trip even though it was a year ago???

View attachment 549872

Pictures please... 2020 was the first year since we started cruising/Disney that we didn't go anywhere. Our big trip was an overnight to the TO zoo area, no pools open, even limited eating options. Oh we miss travelling.

View attachment 549872
I’d love to see the pics !
I’m struggling with it all. I totally support the current restrictions and agree they should be more and I get it and will follow it to the letter. I’m just weary with it all. Just weary and putting one foot in front of the other.
Your pics would cheer me up :sunny:

YES.....more pics would be fun.

I agree that it is super sad when the moment comes that you realize you were at WDW on this day last year and no future trip is on the radar. I've had that moment so many times :guilty: partially because I can't plan that far in advance. Somehow though I still manage to get there at least 1-2 a year.

I used my refunded airmiles from a returned Universal ticket in the spring to get myself some bamboo sheets. They have arrived and I love them. First time ordering merchandise with airmiles and it was a great experience. I am now going to pay more attention to those types of rewards since it will be awhile before I feel safe travelling.

I used my refunded airmiles from a returned Universal ticket in the spring to get myself some bamboo sheets. They have arrived and I love them. First time ordering merchandise with airmiles and it was a great experience. I am now going to pay more attention to those types of rewards since it will be awhile before I feel safe travelling.
I've used my airmiles for various things-my grandson and his mom, dad, and sister have been to the Zoo and African Lion Safari. I bought his PlayMobil set for this Christmas and it went with a space set for him and a mermaid set for his sister last year, a tea kettle for me when mine died and other things. Yes, they 'cost' more, but I've already spent the money so its a win in my book with no cash outlay. Maybe I'll look into those bamboo sheets. :)

View attachment 549872
Cant even remember that thread. Maybe put a link to it. Thanks.
Need to spend the time somewhere

Reminder Lowes, RONA and Reno Depot are all leaving the AM program January 31, 2021. If there is anything you were thinking about getting pick it up before then.

When orginally announced it looked like RONA wasn't included (they hadn't updated the website yet) but it looks like all three are going, going, gone now.

Lowes leaves Airmiles
Of course Rona would be leaving AM. I must have jinxed it because we are thinking with our tax return that we will finally bite the bullet and get a bigger fridge (that I have been wanting for years!) with our tax refund. I figured I would wait until there was an AM promo with Rona and get a new fridge and score some AM. I guess not anymore :rolleyes2

Reminder Lowes, RONA and Reno Depot are all leaving the AM program January 31, 2021. If there is anything you were thinking about getting pick it up before then.

When orginally announced it looked like RONA wasn't included (they hadn't updated the website yet) but it looks like all three are going, going, gone now.

Lowes leaves Airmiles

Since there’s less travel these days I had decided instead of 100% Dream miles I would for 2021 switch to 50/50 and save cash miles to get an electric fireplace/tv stand from Rona or Lowe’s with cash AM. Guess not. Just switched my account back to 100% Dream. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter