Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Airmiles has a flash offer of 7x the miles ending tomorrow night.
It's so tempting (heck I could call it an anniversary gift today :P ) but I'm holding out for Shop the Block. I know from previous years that they will have several multiplier offers over the 6 weeks since Black Friday and Cyber Monday happen during the promo.

That's impressive! You could sell those.
That just makes me break out into a cold sweat! There's NO way anyone would want to pay me what I would need to charge to make it worth my while ... the standard take your supplies and x3 to get a general idea of what to charge would bring that bag in around $130 - $150 and that's because I used a ton of scraps for the bulk of the bag. I designed the pattern from scratch and that took considerable time and multiple mock-ups before I actually sewed the bag. Making another one would be much quicker but I'm still probably looking at well over 20 hours of sewing. I'm also my own worst critic and I see so many errors that wouldn't let me sell it before i got up close & personal with the seam ripper :P

Thanks for the huge compliment though, I'm impressed with myself but don't think it's good enough for anyone else.

That just makes me break out into a cold sweat! There's NO way anyone would want to pay me what I would need to charge to make it worth my while ... the standard take your supplies and x3 to get a general idea of what to charge would bring that bag in around $130 - $150 and that's because I used a ton of scraps for the bulk of the bag. I designed the pattern from scratch and that took considerable time and multiple mock-ups before I actually sewed the bag. Making another one would be much quicker but I'm still probably looking at well over 20 hours of sewing. I'm also my own worst critic and I see so many errors that wouldn't let me sell it before i got up close & personal with the seam ripper :P

Thanks for the huge compliment though, I'm impressed with myself but don't think it's good enough for anyone else.

Actually hun, you'd be surprised. When you posted photos I immediately thought the same. I totally believe you could sell them. There IS a market for Disney themed bags/purses. In fact, there's a lady (by the name of Serendipi D) who takes requests; creates; and sells them on Facebook. She opens a waitlist 2 or 3 times a year. I could have sworn she was a DIS'er but when I tried searching for posts by her, I got nothing. She's been doing this for years. I ordered a custom made bag from her back in 2014. I don't recall what I paid (and can't find it in my e-mails) but it was $100+ US easily... Here's photos of the one she created for me.

original photo 2.jpg

1939751_766337976711292_1560535178_o.jpg

This is a photo of my family. My daughter immediately stole my Chip & Dale bag on our trip last year. She used it the whole time.
20190901_184844-close up.jpg

By the way, has anyone ordered merchandise from Air Miles in the past month or so? How long did it take to arrive? This morning I placed an order for a Switch Animal Crossing game from the remaining dream miles I have. I hope it arrives in time for Christmas.

People who know will pay the price. My friend makes things-weighted blankets, busy books, masks, aprons(bibs) for the infirm etc. She made her first busy books for me, and didn't want to charge me what she should have. I insisted and it took a while, but I think she finally charges what her work is worth.

It's like home baking at Church sales (when we could do that). My mom eventually just handed the Church money because it was cheaper than making the butter tarts and the church got more than what people would pay for the baking.

By the way, has anyone ordered merchandise from Air Miles in the past month or so? How long did it take to arrive? This morning I placed an order for a Switch Animal Crossing game from the remaining dream miles I have. I hope it arrives in time for Christmas.
I ordered a set of childrens walkie talkies on November 2nd and they arrived on the 9th, two days ago. It was very fast.

I've received a few AM's offers by email. One is that great one, spend $750 over the next week and get 115 AMs. Not going to happen.
The second one is collect 95 AM's get 48 AM's. That will be done in three days as my MC AM's will post and it usually nets me hundreds of AM's.
But seriously, that spend $750 one? Stop sending me that. Lol

I've received a few AM's offers by email. One is that great one, spend $750 over the next week and get 115 AMs. Not going to happen.
The second one is collect 95 AM's get 48 AM's. That will be done in three days as my MC AM's will post and it usually nets me hundreds of AM's.
But seriously, that spend $750 one? Stop sending me that. Lol

My MC offer got reduced to spend $700 get 105AM (from spend $750 get 115AM last week). As if that would normally make any difference.

However, I remembered that I preordered the PS5 and it’s supposed to be shipped on Nov.13, and that would work out nicely to get those air miles.

Except I didn’t use my MC to do the preorder :sad:

This isn't exactly Airmiles related but since I'm sure we're not the only family who is driven by price more than rewards at the moment I would be remiss if I didn't point out an EXCELLENT deal in the Metro flyer this week. They have the BEST frozen blueberries on sale for $2.99 a bag (trust me, I've eaten blueberries since February than most people do in their lives so I know which ones are good :P ) They're usually around $5.99 (even though the flyer says save $2.00)
Caveat -- I'll need to confirm that it's actually the Naturalia Blueberries not the bag shown here (they can be a bit too big and somewhat lackluster in flavour) because they are soooo good!
Bag that I'm talking about looks like this:

Is there any special multiplier offer going on right now? I discovered last night we are out of black printer ink and I need to order some for pick-up at Staples. Unfortunately STB is too far away. We need to have ink later today.

Is there any special multiplier offer going on right now? I discovered last night we are out of black printer ink and I need to order some for pick-up at Staples. Unfortunately STB is too far away. We need to have ink later today.

There was 7x AM but I think it ended yesterday. I just checked and don’t see it anymore.

ETA: Just got an email, Staples friends and family sale starts today 15% off min $40 purchase, online or in store.

Last edited:
There was 7x AM but I think it ended yesterday. I just checked and don’t see it anymore.

ETA: Just got an email, Staples friends and family sale starts today 15% off min $40 purchase, online or in store.

Thank you. It's too bad I didn't order the ink last night when I realized we ran out. But my husband was sitting in the living room waiting patiently, so loudly I swear I could hear him, for me to take the TV show we were watching off pause. :rotfl: I haven't had a chance to actually purchase the ink all day so far. I'll place the order now so I can pick it up after my 2nd shift.

Email offer--have to opt in

Wait no longer, transform your living space.​
Now is the time to take advantage of this incredible offer.​

1. Activate your offer.​
2. Shop at Rona or Lowe's and spend $75 or more in a single transaction from November 12 to 25, 2020.​
3. This exclusive offer is valid for the AIR MILES Collector Number ending in​
4. To make sure you get Bonus Miles, show your AIR MILES Card at checkout or enter your AIR MILES Collector Number in the online shopping cart.​

Get 125 Airmiles
I might be able to combine with a STB offer ....maybe.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter