After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

Does anyone have any recent experience with driving their own vehicle to MK for an AH event? Just wondering what time stop charging for parking?

Thanks
CPC

Does anyone have any recent experience with driving their own vehicle to MK for an AH event? Just wondering what time stop charging for parking?

Thanks
CPC
Depends on what time the park closes. You may get lucky with an hour (*maybe* 90 minutes) prior to closing. If you arrive when the parks are open, expect to pay and then be pleasantly surprised if you are waved through or if the booths are empty. We got to HS for the AH party around 7:00-7:30 for a 9pm closing in January, and we had to show our AP to get free parking. Booths were still manned.

So, do we think there will be an announcement for the Magic Kingdom dates after March 27? Or just, no there aren't any? Planning a trip in May and it sure would be nice to know.
I highly doubt they're going to do After Hours at MK for a while due to Tron opening.

It would be a madhouse since everyone would just go straight for Tron (on the flipside it would leave extremely short to no waits for any other ride).

Just my two cents but I don't think it's a coincidence that AH at MK is ending right as Tron is opening.

I am feeling down right now! I waiting on buying the DAH for HS because of that questionable party. As of last week my date (march 29) and March 22 were still available. Now, all sold out. I guess it will be EEH for me as we are staying at Beach Club.

Have we ever seen HS close at 10pm? I’ve seen 9:00 times extended to 9:30, but not sure I’ve seen 10pm?

ETA- I’m kind of hoping Disney realized when they extended AH that the 30 minutes was beneficial and baked that in to the start times, but who knows? Maybe they’ll start closing HS at 10, but not sure I’ve personally seen that.

I'm anxiously awaiting reports of today's DAH After Hours!! I'm thinking of going to the end of June one. Looking at other posters, I'm feeling like we should purchase asap. Looking at DAH June 28, Epcot June 29, and a few nice pool/Disney Springs days.

I'm anxiously awaiting reports of today's DAH After Hours!! I'm thinking of going to the end of June one. Looking at other posters, I'm feeling like we should purchase asap. Looking at DAH June 28, Epcot June 29, and a few nice pool/Disney Springs days.
My DD and I will be doing boh of those same DAH events!

Same here - super curious to find out if the negative reviews from 2/22 were a "one off" or become the norm - which would be a real shame.

Just back to our room at the Boardwalk following tonight’s DHS After Hours. I was pretty nervous after the report a few weeks ago, but am happy to report it was great!

Some spillover lines from regular hours between 9:30-10:00 pm, but after that everything was mostly a walk-on, or a 10 min wait in a few cases (though didn’t do Slinky so not sure on that one).

Did run into one snack line that was pretty long just outside of Galaxy’s Edge at around 11, but was able to find another one with no line at all.

Other than RnRC being closed we thought it was time and money well-spent.

We just finished HS after hours for 3/8. We got our wristbands at 7 and grabbed some pretzels and needed a restroom visit then did Mickey and Minnie, then DH and big kids did Rise - we needed to use rider switch and the cast member saw our wrist bands for AH and was nice enough to give both my girls rider switch when I asked. I got in line for my ride switch around 8:40 -8:50 but the ride broke down and my girls got out of line around 9:36 to head over to Toy Story land with my husband and toddler. I waited in line and Rise came back up right after they left. I joined them at around 10- they had got snacks and eaten. We went back to do Smugglers Run which was a 10 minutes posted wait- I asked about rider switch and the cast members at the entrance were not sure if they could do it so my girls and I just went on. The wait was posted at 20 minutes when we finished and my DH asked another cast member and was given a rider switch for him and one of our girls at that point. I saw the wait for this ride posted at around 40 minutes later on but didn’t try to ride again so can’t say if that was an accurate posting. My other girl and I took the 2 year old back to TS land and got more snacks. The snack line in TS land was a bit long and they were out of sprite and later out of Mickey bars but there was another snack station at the entrance near Woody that had shorter lines and still had those items when we asked for them. Next my girls and I did ToT twice with little to no wait to enter the pre show room then entered Slinky around 11:50 and did it twice, posted waits of 30 and 25 but more like 15,and 10 then we did Aliens 3 times-we were able to stay on Aliens for those last three rides. It was around 12:34 when the last ride ended and we were able to grab ice cream and drinks at the snacks by the entrance to TS land as we walked out. My girls and I didn’t fit in Midway Mania but my girls didn’t want to do that one anyway. We did Magic Kingdom AH on Monday and I preferred that one but we had a good time at the HS AH tonight.

We also were at tonight's event and thought it was great. We have done many After Hours events at MK before and although they're great, it's a lot of running around trying to get on every attraction within the 3 hours. IMO tonight's DHS event was a little more relaxed as there are less attractions than MK so we just concentrated on our favorites and enjoyed our night.
We did:
Toy Story Mania x2
Alien Swirling Saucers
Tower of Terror x2 (one time we were the only 2 people in the elevator)
M&M's Runaway Railway
Rise of the Resistance
Slinky dog Dash
We also had plenty of popcorn, ice cream, sodas and water.
We'll be attending the MK event on both March 13th and 20th as well.

Just back to our room at the Boardwalk following tonight’s DHS After Hours. I was pretty nervous after the report a few weeks ago, but am happy to report it was great!

Some spillover lines from regular hours between 9:30-10:00 pm, but after that everything was mostly a walk-on, or a 10 min wait in a few cases (though didn’t do Slinky so not sure on that one).

Did run into one snack line that was pretty long just outside of Galaxy’s Edge at around 11, but was able to find another one with no line at all.

Other than RnRC being closed we thought it was time and money well-spent.
Great to know, thanks! I’m going on 5/3, and while I assumed 2/22 was a one off, you never know...

We just finished HS after hours for 3/8. We got our wristbands at 7 and grabbed some pretzels and needed a restroom visit then did Mickey and Minnie, then DH and big kids did Rise - we needed to use rider switch and the cast member saw our wrist bands for AH and was nice enough to give both my girls rider switch when I asked. I got in line for my ride switch around 8:40 -8:50 but the ride broke down and my girls got out of line around 9:36 to head over to Toy Story land with my husband and toddler. I waited in line and Rise came back up right after they left. I joined them at around 10- they had got snacks and eaten. We went back to do Smugglers Run which was a 10 minutes posted wait- I asked about rider switch and the cast members at the entrance were not sure if they could do it so my girls and I just went on. The wait was posted at 20 minutes when we finished and my DH asked another cast member and was given a rider switch for him and one of our girls at that point. I saw the wait for this ride posted at around 40 minutes later on but didn’t try to ride again so can’t say if that was an accurate posting. My other girl and I took the 2 year old back to TS land and got more snacks. The snack line in TS land was a bit long and they were out of sprite and later out of Mickey bars but there was another snack station at the entrance near Woody that had shorter lines and still had those items when we asked for them. Next my girls and I did ToT twice with little to no wait to enter the pre show room then entered Slinky around 11:50 and did it twice, posted waits of 30 and 25 but more like 15,and 10 then we did Aliens 3 times-we were able to stay on Aliens for those last three rides. It was around 12:34 when the last ride ended and we were able to grab ice cream and drinks at the snacks by the entrance to TS land as we

walked out. My girls and I didn’t fit in Midway Mania but my girls didn’t want to do that one anyway. We did Magic Kingdom AH on Monday and I preferred that one but we had a good time at the HS AH tonight.
Thanks for the report - glad you had a good time !

I would have preferred a MK AH, but at least they close late most of the time, later than HS...

I’m stoked !

We also were at tonight's event and thought it was great. We have done many After Hours events at MK before and although they're great, it's a lot of running around trying to get on every attraction within the 3 hours. IMO tonight's DHS event was a little more relaxed as there are less attractions than MK so we just concentrated on our favorites and enjoyed our night.
We did:
Toy Story Mania x2
Alien Swirling Saucers
Tower of Terror x2 (one time we were the only 2 people in the elevator)
M&M's Runaway Railway
Rise of the Resistance
Slinky dog Dash
We also had plenty of popcorn, ice cream, sodas and water.
We'll be attending the MK event on both March 13th and 20th as well.
Yay, thanks for the report!

I won‘t be doing ToT- so that’s one down. I love doing rides multiple times, so I’m really excited to do M & M, Slinky and TSM...I imagine Rise and Smuggler are one time only, unless I get very lucky

I think the bad wait times for HS AH on 2/22 were prob related to super high attendance at the park during the holiday week that bled over into AH, plus maybe ROTR had gone down for a while or something. Last night’s AH event was great. I arrived at 635 and we were let in about 645. Some snack lines were a bit long but you could find shorter ones if you kept looking. Here’s what I did:
Preparty: Muppets, Fantasmic, both light shows at center stage, TSMM
Party: Slinky (posted wait 35 but more like 10), watched soldier drummers, Aliens, ROTR, MMRR, TOT, Oga’s (walk in no wait), Smuggler’s. Did it all except Star Tours which I didn’t really want to ride, plus spent time walking around Galaxy’s Edge, saw chewy, Rey, stormtroopers, bo peep, Donald and daisy. No Mando and grogu though!!!

I think the bad wait times for HS AH on 2/22 were prob related to super high attendance at the park during the holiday week that bled over into AH, plus maybe ROTR had gone down for a while or something. Last night’s AH event was great. I arrived at 635 and we were let in about 645. Some snack lines were a bit long but you could find shorter ones if you kept looking. Here’s what I did:
Preparty: Muppets, Fantasmic, both light shows at center stage, TSMM
Party: Slinky (posted wait 35 but more like 10), watched soldier drummers, Aliens, ROTR, MMRR, TOT, Oga’s (walk in no wait), Smuggler’s. Did it all except Star Tours which I didn’t really want to ride, plus spent time walking around Galaxy’s Edge, saw chewy, Rey, stormtroopers, bo peep, Donald and daisy. No Mando and grogu though!!!

I'm also extremely suspicious that they oversold the 2/22 event and learned their lesson.

Could also be some operational adjustments with no spillover time that they've implemented.

I'm also extremely suspicious that they oversold the 2/22 event and learned their lesson.

Could also be some operational adjustments with no spillover time that they've implemented.
When did yesterdays party sell out? Was it before 2/22 or after?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter