After Christmas sales

What day is Target expected to go 75% Off this year? I was thinking possibly the 30th or 31st?

I am curious about when Target and Walmart drop. Last year Target went to 70% on Dec 29 and Jan 1 it went to 90%. That was according to all things target website and likely varied by store.

I am curious about when Target and Walmart drop. Last year Target went to 70% on Dec 29 and Jan 1 it went to 90%. That was according to all things target website and likely varied by store.

My mom's Target dropped yesterday (12/28) - I picked up stuff there (her store had a lot). I'm back home now, but am not planning to hit my Target til it's 90, so no idea when it might hit it here...

My mom's Target dropped yesterday (12/28) - I picked up stuff there (her store had a lot). I'm back home now, but am not planning to hit my Target til it's 90, so no idea when it might hit it here...

Thanks! I just had DH run into walmart for some groceries and he said it's still 50% off but hardly anything left. Varies greatly by store though it seems!

I follow All Things Target on fb and from what they posted today all should be at 70% today since some started yesterday. Though the one I went to today still had some of the beauty stuff at 30% which really surprised me since food was 50% and normally they either follow food or decor and this time it's neither at least at that store.

What day is Target expected to go 75% Off this year? I was thinking possibly the 30th or 31st?
Our Target went to 75% today the 29th.
Candy was at 50%

I was disappointed that I could not find the Christmas Saran Wrap.

I got Christmas socks, 4 to a pack for $1.50. for my grandchildren. (3 sets).
Bunch of Christmas bags.
900 lights.
2 red ribbons 100 ft long.
A table runner that does not even look Christmasy, for $2.50.
Bath tub toys.

I saw a few items from Magnolia, Joanna Gaines line of products for Target. It was all 75% off.

Last edited:
One of my Targets was at 70% (50% food) today. And yeah, the beauty stuff was still at 30%, which is weird. They had a bunch of stuff left, surprising because another Target was pretty much empty on the 26th. I picked up a few small things, but found the 12 days of socks for $4.50 (Marvel, but they had tons of Star Wars and non licensed ones). I was pretty happy because I ordered them online at $7.50 but they were backordered.

Went to Target on the 26th and things were 50% off. Scored 6 shaving sets, 2 Axe body sets, 2 fancy men’s shaving sets DH likes, and a ton of makeup for our daughter.

Our local Target only had that stuff at 30% off (yesterday).

According to All Things Target and a bunch of their followers on FB, a lot of the stores went 90% today. I would imagine if yours went 70 on Friday it probably went 90 today. If it didn't go 70 until yesterday it'll probably go 90 tomorrow. Some stores are 70/70 but that means the food stuff has gone 70 if you were waiting for that. Nothing about the beauty type stuff and where it's at but so many stores have so much stuff it's hard to know. Some of the pictures of people getting stuff have things I never even saw at any of my Target's. I'll stop by one of mine tomorrow just to see, I think most of what I've been looking for was gone at 30 or 50, though some people commented about shelves getting restocked. I can't see that happening here with how empty they were on the 23rd.

Oh and if you need a discount on valentine's day candy, there are already offers on Cartwheel :sad2: :confused3 Or you know, buy the christmas candy on clearance because it's not like the valentine's day candy would make it a month and a half without getting eaten or who cares about the packaging and save money.

Was just at my local target. It was 30 for beauty, 50 for food/candy, and 70 for everything else.

According to All Things Target and a bunch of their followers on FB, a lot of the stores went 90% today. I would imagine if yours went 70 on Friday it probably went 90 today. If it didn't go 70 until yesterday it'll probably go 90 tomorrow. Some stores are 70/70 but that means the food stuff has gone 70 if you were waiting for that. Nothing about the beauty type stuff and where it's at but so many stores have so much stuff it's hard to know. Some of the pictures of people getting stuff have things I never even saw at any of my Target's. I'll stop by one of mine tomorrow just to see, I think most of what I've been looking for was gone at 30 or 50, though some people commented about shelves getting restocked. I can't see that happening here with how empty they were on the 23rd.

Oh and if you need a discount on valentine's day candy, there are already offers on Cartwheel :sad2: :confused3 Or you know, buy the christmas candy on clearance because it's not like the valentine's day candy would make it a month and a half without getting eaten or who cares about the packaging and save money.
The only Valentine’s Day stuff up in my local store so far is the greeting cards section. My guess is the other stuff will get put out soon. We still had a decent amount of Christmas clearance items.

Ours was 70% today for decorations snd candy. We got a few bags of candy we don't need and that's it. I'm waiting to replace our lights until after we move but it was tempting!

The only Valentine’s Day stuff up in my local store so far is the greeting cards section. My guess is the other stuff will get put out soon. We still had a decent amount of Christmas clearance items.

Valentine's stuff was being put out yesterday at mine, they'd already started consolidating christmas and putting out Valentine's and starting on the cleaning or bulk type stuff they always do in January.

Was at walmart today and it was still 50% off. But I overheard a worker saying tomorrow will go to 75%. This walmart had a ton of stuff but the one DH went to yesterday had barely anything!

This is what I did! My Target had all Christmas candy at 70% as well as merchandise. So I bought marked down glittery red square boxes(sturdy ones, not gift boxes), red silverware/napkins/cups/plates, and cheap snickers/kit kats/reeses/kisses and will pick out the red packaged candy and will put it in the boxes (along with a small toy/GC/ect..) and voila! Cheapo Valentines! Will pull out the green packaged candy and save it for St Pattys Day!

My target was 70% off Saturday and it was picked over. I picked up 3 gift bags. 6 rolls wrapping paper. 1 was Disney characters like as babies and it was not Xmas themed, another one was plaid, and the rest was Xmas themed. And 2 name tag stickers.

I haven't been out shopping... except the grocery store... so that really doesn't count...

I need some new sheets for my bed as well as some new body pillows and I am picky so hopefully someone will have a decent sale on sheets, and pillows..

I am looking for a coat for DH and I... We live in Fl and coats aren't really something that is common... we have more jackets, sweaters, hoodies,& sweatshirts... I want to use it for when we travel, we tend to go to location that are colder and need a coat, so that we can get out and walk around, and excursions and such without freezing... the thing is I want not to be overly bulky... something lightweight, warm and easily pack-able...

I am planning to go over to see my parents and take my mom shopping on Thursday, so I will see what I can find...

Cleaned up at Target this morning - 90% off (and 70% candy)...

I got 6 rolls of supers wrapping paper, 12 bags of name brand not obvious holiday candy (to parcel out for adult gaming nights through May - Reese's, Hershey's, M&Ms, Rolos, Hershey Gold), 6 packs of Santa chocolates (for my fam - 10 cents each was the right price), 6 science snow kits and a story game (30 cents each), and a new star for our tree (our old heavy one toppled it, and this one is light and has a clip, so I'm optimistic)...left the "crap" and got only what I needed or would use for a purpose...but quite the haul for a single $20 bill...it hasn't been this nice in a few years...not sure why my Target was so good, but I'll take it...

I haven't been out shopping... except the grocery store... so that really doesn't count...

I need some new sheets for my bed as well as some new body pillows and I am picky so hopefully someone will have a decent sale on sheets, and pillows..

I am looking for a coat for DH and I... We live in Fl and coats aren't really something that is common... we have more jackets, sweaters, hoodies,& sweatshirts... I want to use it for when we travel, we tend to go to location that are colder and need a coat, so that we can get out and walk around, and excursions and such without freezing... the thing is I want not to be overly bulky... something lightweight, warm and easily pack-able...

I am planning to go over to see my parents and take my mom shopping on Thursday, so I will see what I can find...
My husband bought himself and my son a jacket/coat that is packable. It’s like an insulated type coat that folds up into a pouch. My son says it’s notcsupercwarm but pretty decent. He uses it on campus, which can get pretty cold. I think if you used something like that along with an inner layer it would be pretty warm.

and this one is light and has a clip, so I'm optimistic

We got one like this at Target a few years ago after Christmas and it's been great! We had to tie our tree to the wall this year because we have a toddler now but even with him and 2 cats constantly trying to bother the tree our star has held perfect all season.

My Walmart was pretty picked over by this morning--not surprising, as it seemed fairly picked over on the 26th. But, I needed a few things, so why not look, right?

I got 2 rolls of foil wrapping paper (as mentioned above--my weakness!) and a few robe boxes. I also got some plastic gold ornaments--the kind in the cylinder where they all go together. We had wanted some of these for our little outdoor trees, and never got around to getting them (little trees are new this year). So, now I'm set for next year. The candy and gift sets were long gone. Lucky for us (ha ha), we still have enough Christmas candy in the house to choke a horse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter