Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they would just retheme the simulators from Star Tours to something else most likely.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just reshape the cue and the exit to exist in SWL rather than shuttering a changing a fairly popular ride? They are doing that with TSMM for when the new land opens from what I understand.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just reshape the cue and the exit to exist in SWL rather than shuttering a changing a fairly popular ride? They are doing that with TSMM for when the new land opens from what I understand.
You still have muppets courtyard in between the two. It would be hard to do that.

I'd bet on Star Tours staying myself, why go from having 1 star wars attraction to just 2? I'd say they stick with 3, the entrance isn't even that far really from Star Tours exit

I'd bet on Star Tours staying myself, why go from having 1 star wars attraction to just 2? I'd say they stick with 3, the entrance isn't even that far really from Star Tours exit
Star Tours wouldn't match the theme of the new land. The exterior would have to be completely redone.

I must admit that it never even occurred to me until reading it here that they'd GET RID OF a SW ride when they are ADDING a SW land! Seems kinda' nutty to me, actually! If they need to re-theme the exterior and redirect the queue, go for it. Can't imagine that's a deal breaker. What about the ride itself wouldn't fit? Seems absolutely bizarre to me that they'd have a SW land with 2 rides instead of a possible 3. And one as easy to update with new films/footage, etc. Bizarre.

Do we know FOR SURE that they are actually getting rid of ST?

I must admit that it never even occurred to me until reading it here that they'd GET RID OF a SW ride when they are ADDING a SW land! Seems kinda' nutty to me, actually! If they need to re-theme the exterior and redirect the queue, go for it. Can't imagine that's a deal breaker. What about the ride itself wouldn't fit? Seems absolutely bizarre to me that they'd have a SW land with 2 rides instead of a possible 3. And one as easy to update with new films/footage, etc. Bizarre.

IT would not be easy to connect them, Star Tours is in blue and Star Wars Land in red. The things in front of the ride like the AT-AT are designed to look like movie sets, they are unfinished on the back they would at least need to fix that. Star Tours may also seem un-necessary since the new Falcon ride will also be a simulator.

We don't know for sure, but it is rumored that it might.

Capture.JPG

IT would not be easy to connect them, Star Tours is in blue and Star Wars Land in red. The things in front of the ride like the AT-AT are designed to look like movie sets, they are unfinished on the back they would at least need to fix that. Star Tours may also seem un-necessary since the new Falcon ride will also be a simulator.

We don't know for sure, but it is rumored that it might.

View attachment 233644
I get what you're saying. The AT-AT and exterior theming seem like a no-brainer -- get rid of that. The actual indoor portion of the the ride... is there NO WAY to get people over there from SW land?

Perhaps it's absolutely implausible and totally stupid (!!), but what about something like the GREEN below... any way to make that or something like it work... different access to Muppets somehow???

Ditching a fairly popular, CORRECTLY-THEMED ride SO CLOSE BY just seems so nutty to me!! But, what do I know?!?! :)

Capture2.jpg

ETA: Honestly, this might be some sort of blasphemy, but I'd get rid of the Muppets area if push came to shove -- make all of that SW... but I know that isn't the plan... at least not now...

No we don't know for sure but it wouldn't be easy to connect it to the new land due to its location.

No we don't know for sure but it wouldn't be easy to connect it to the new land due to its location.
I give you that it wouldn't be easy or obvious. But before I would get rid of a CORRECTLY THEMED POPULAR RIDE that would give my new land 3 instead of 2 rides, it had better be IMPOSSIBLE... not just not "easy".

At least that's (obviously!) my two cents. :D

I give you that it wouldn't be easy or obvious. But before I would get rid of a CORRECTLY THEMED POPULAR RIDE that would give my new land 3 instead of 2 rides, it had better be IMPOSSIBLE... not just not "easy".

At least that's (obviously!) my two cents. :D
It's not really correctly themed either. The entire outside doesn't fit the new land. I think we will see them keep the ride but retheme it to something other than Star Wars.

Seems like it would be very confusing to visitors to have Star Tours be the first thing they see, then have to walk past a bunch of other stuff to get to SWL.

It's not really correctly themed either. The entire outside doesn't fit the new land. I think we will see them keep the ride but retheme it to something other than Star Wars.
I don't understand why we are talking about the outside theming -- something that could easily be changed?

I don't understand why we are talking about the outside theming -- something that could easily be changed?
If this were right next to the land they were building I would agree that it could be easily changed and fit into the land. Because it is not I don't think we will see it stay as star tours but change to something else.

If this were right next to the land they were building I would agree that it could be easily changed and fit into the land. Because it is not I don't think we will see it stay as star tours but change to something else.
You may well be 100% correct -- I would still be thoroughly perplexed by this decision not to find a way to keep a popular SW ride in a SW land. Bizarre.

Are they trashing ST in DL? I haven't really paid attention to that one...

You may well be 100% correct -- I would still be thoroughly perplexed by this decision not to find a way to keep a popular SW ride in a SW land. Bizarre.

Are they trashing ST in DL? I haven't really paid attention to that one...
Yes that one will go away. Not officially announced yet of course but that has no connection to the new land whatsoever. There is speculation that they will move the simulators to DCA and bring Iron Man from Hong Kong there.

We know Launch Bay will be totally scrapped and bulldozed in that area.

While I wish they were able to update Star tours with a scene taking guests to Star Wars land and exiting into it, I appriciate that it's not exactly next door and it probably end up going.

I'd prefer to say goodbye to Star Tours and that whole complete area becomes an Indiana Jones area with maybe an updated stage show.

I'm fortunate enough that I'm near Disneyland Paris where I'll be able to visit Star Tours

I don't personally have any interest in Indiana Jones themed anything, but I'm sure if they do it, it'll be well-executed and we'd enjoy it some. But I'd still prefer to keep ST! :)

And for now, I'll still hope (against most logic) that they keep it somehow. And I still think it's a bizarre choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter