Advise please: which Resort?

mrdumor

Earning My Ears
My family of 4 ( kids 11/19) will be @ Disney World end of July/Aug for 4-5 days. We had a very pleasant stay at Boardwalk last year, and find ourselves in Fla again this year.. Any advise on great resorts (with some economy in mind) and maybe top few things to do??:D

It'll be hot when you are there, and you'll probably want to swim a lot. Stormalong Bay can't be beat, but Yacht/Beach rooms can be very expensive. Coronado Springs also has a nifty pool, with a gentle slide and a beautiful lake. There are good deals now, like this special where you pay for 4 nights but get 7, regardless of where you stay. I saw it advertised in USA Today this afternoon, so it is available to all. Wilderness Lodge is wonderful, too, a "Deluxe" hotel for a bit less money... SO many choices!

People here often advise to choose a resort close to the park you visit most often. You might take that into consideration.

Last year we stayed at the Pollynesian, and loved it. There were five of us, and we were very comfortable. The pools there are great, and easy in and out of MK via the resort only monorail was fantastic. Never any lines. A bit pricey, but worth it in the end, and if you buy a package more than affordable.

1st it will depend on how economical you want to get.

Then it will depend on which parks are most important to you and your family.

That being said, if you don't mind spending the money, I would suggest staying at the Polynesian on the monorail. Since you stayed at an Epcot resort last time, staying at an MK one would be a great change of pace.

If you want to be a little more economical, then I would suggest CBR. The kids will love the warm sandy beaches with the hammocks and playground equipment. Also, the way the pool is set up, it is very easy to keep an eye on your little one. They also have the best quiet pools around. I would recommend staying in Martinque for the convenience of being near the food court and main pool. Bldg 25 is very nice!

If economy is your main equation this time, might I suggest the AS- Movies, perhaps the Toy Story building or maybe the 101 Dalmation building which are preferred buildings and next to the food court and bus stop. The kids will love the theming and huge icons.

Whatever you decide, you really can't go wrong in a Disney Resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter