Advice needed on what to do with a late leaving flight

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
I am looking at a late leaving flight (8:10pm) and am wondering if there would be time to do a day at WDW. If so what do I do with my luggage if I am using Disney transfers? Should I go to the airport and check my luggage in (is this safe) and then take a town car to the parks. I do drive but am nervous about driving in foreign territory. Any advise please!:confused:

It really is an easy drive from the Port to WDW. You would definitely have enough time to spend some at Disney. Our flight is leaving at 7:45 pm and we are renting a car from Avis (at the Radisson by the Port - free shuttle from ship) and visiting Disney. Then later in the afternoon we will drop off car at airport and catch our flight home. This way we will have a place to store the luggage. Some flights do not let you check in your bags too early before a flight.

MJ

On our last cruise in June we had a 5pm flight. We got off the ship around 8 and had rented a car, which we kept in the Disney lot. We drove to the Magic Kingdom and spent the day there. We arrived around 9:30 and stayed til around 2:30 or so. It was hot, so we were all tired and sweaty by then. We got to the airport in plenty of time and had a great day. Have a wonderful trip! :)

Do you know if you book the land and sea package that includes admission to the parks for your stay if this would include the day that you leave the ship as well. In other words, if you go to the park on the day you disembark the ship would you have to pay admission?

During our last trip, I recall seeing something at the airport that you you can't check in or check bags more than 4 hours before your flight. We used Southwest last time, maybe its just their rule and not an industry standard.

What about checking your bags at the port. Does anyone know any rules on this?

On our cruise last June 2001 we checked our luggage as soon as we got to the airport about 9:30 and our flight wasn't until 2:00. Things may have changed since then with 9/11 I would check with your airline for their policy now.:smooth:

sbrownell.....no, unfortunately if you decided to go back to WDW after your cruise you would have to pay admission. The land/sea package only includes the land portion before the cruise. Any other day after the cruise would cost you.

MJ

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest