Advice for splitting up room charges?

Tara

Bad Influence
I'm heading to WDW this weekend with 3 of my girlfriends. We're staying at AKV Kidani, my first stay there, their first experience in a villa and 2 of the 3 have never stayed onsite. :cool1:

I've never had to worry much about splitting up the bill - is there an easy way to do this aside from paying for everything and having them pay me back? If I get a copy of the room bill the night before we leave, can they each pay a certain amount by credit card at the front desk?

What charges are you anticipating? I would nip it in the butt and have no charging privelages on the room keys.

What charges are you anticipating? I would nip it in the butt and have no charging privelages on the room keys.

Well, let's see - spa treatments for starters. Then there's dinner at Victoria & Albert's, California Grill and Flying Fish, where I suspect copious amounts of wine will be consumed ;), all using my TIW so no splitting checks.

We have invited guests to stay with us several times. We let them use their own CC. No charging privileges on the room card. In fact, if it is just the 2 of us we still don't put it on the room card. We use our own CC.

Well, let's see - spa treatments for starters. Then there's dinner at Victoria & Albert's, California Grill and Flying Fish, where I suspect copious amounts of wine will be consumed ;), all using my TIW so no splitting checks.

Spa treatments...everyone can pay their own, if they use a room charge it will be itemized by a sub number on the master printout. As far s the dinners with TiW, really the best way is simply divide it by four...it won't be perfectly fair...but it beats carrying a calculator and adding the individual items from the bill.

I have split payments at check out before on non-DVC stays. I would recommend doing it BEFORE your check out day though - they will automatically process your check out sometime the night before you leave which will make reversing/splitting it a nightmare.

I would recommend that on your 2nd to last day you get your invoice and settle out at the front desk. That will only leave your last night to split - if you can split it before goign to bed that night it would be easiest, alternatively you can probably have people send you a check or give you cash for that smaller amount when you return home.

Spa treatments...everyone can pay their own, if they use a room charge it will be itemized by a sub number on the master printout. As far s the dinners with TiW, really the best way is simply divide it by four...it won't be perfectly fair...but it beats carrying a calculator and adding the individual items from the bill.

Thanks, I understand how to divide the bill. ;) What I didn't know was how the front desk handles payment and if they'll take multiple payments. Sounds like they will, though.

And as an aside, they'll be dividing by 3, not 4 - I supply the points and they pay for my food and massage. Everybody wins!

I have split payments at check out before on non-DVC stays. I would recommend doing it BEFORE your check out day though - they will automatically process your check out sometime the night before you leave which will make reversing/splitting it a nightmare.

I would recommend that on your 2nd to last day you get your invoice and settle out at the front desk. That will only leave your last night to split - if you can split it before goign to bed that night it would be easiest, alternatively you can probably have people send you a check or give you cash for that smaller amount when you return home.

We do a getaway every year and all agree we like it best when we're all settled up before we even go home. So I'll plan on handling it all the night before. Thanks for the confirmation that they'll take multiple payments.

Why bother with room charges? Just have them carry their own credit card.

I don't see having one less plastic card your pocket as reason to go thru the hassle of dividing room charges.

Why bother with room charges? Just have them carry their own credit card.

I don't see having one less plastic card your pocket as reason to go thru the hassle of dividing room charges.

Then the restaurant checks would have to be split and that won't work with TIW anyway. For their incidentals they'll use their own CC or cash.

Then the restaurant checks would have to be split and that won't work with TIW anyway. For their incidentals they'll use their own CC or cash.

How about getting some Disney gift cards ahead of time? This way, they can charge them to their cards before they leave and then give them to you to use to pay for your dinners with the TIW card.

You might be able to estimate what the charges might be and plan for that. That would eliminate some of the charges needing to be split.

Have a great time!!! Sounds like fun!!!!

We have been lucky on a few occasions where the bill was put on multiple cc's even with the TiW discount. It is not supposed to be allowed, but a few servers and managers have done it. It doesn't hurt to ask.

It's easy to settle up on multiple cards the night before. In light of using TIW, that seems to be the simplest answer.

And as an aside, they'll be dividing by 3, not 4 - I supply the points and they pay for my food and massage. Everybody wins!

What a great deal!

Anyway... not a big deal. Sometime the day before check out go to the front desk & ask for a print out of your room charges so you can figure out who owes what then just ask them to apply $x from each card to the account.

As a PP said, do make sure to process the charges the night before you leave. All room charge receipts are supposed to be hanging on your door by 8am (I think) so they would process everything sometime the previous night.

Have a great trip!

My friends often bring a check to give me. That's fine with me.
Bobbi:goodvibes

The Front Desk will take multiple forms of payment. Just get your print out of charges the night BEFORE check-out and settle up then, otherwise, it will all go on the card presented at the time of check-in.

Also, Disney is suppose to be rolling out a system to accept multiple cards at check in and tie them to specific room keys. Ask when you check in to see if it is available yet. When I was there in February they told me it would be rolled out to each resort over the next six months.

If it is available, please report back....

What a great deal!

It's a great deal all around - we usually pay about $400 each for lodging (sharing 2 hotel rooms), but my food and massage will be no more than $400 total, so split 3 ways, they're getting a racehorse deal! :)

Anyway... not a big deal. Sometime the day before check out go to the front desk & ask for a print out of your room charges so you can figure out who owes what then just ask them to apply $x from each card to the account.

As a PP said, do make sure to process the charges the night before you leave. All room charge receipts are supposed to be hanging on your door by 8am (I think) so they would process everything sometime the previous night.

Thanks - it's good to have multiple confirmation that applying multiple payments won't be an issue.

Have a great trip!

We will! :goodvibes

Also, Disney is suppose to be rolling out a system to accept multiple cards at check in and tie them to specific room keys. Ask when you check in to see if it is available yet. When I was there in February they told me it would be rolled out to each resort over the next six months.

If it is available, please report back....

Now wouldn't that be ideal? I'll definitely ask about this at check in and report whatever I hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!