Adults without kids meeting characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do it all the time.

I watch other adults without kids meet characters too. It is common.
That is what great about disney: you dont get penalised if you dont have kids.

Disney is for everyone :-)

I asked this a while back on the Adults/Solo board, and have been repeatedly reassured it's OK. It will just be DH and I visiting (our first trip) and I have a few characters on my to do list who I really want to meet, whether other people think I'm weird or not!

There's some really helpful tips over there: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3226748

I've got a couple of posts in BudgieMama's thread linked above, but I'll just say again, I've had a blast meeting lots of characters on my solo trips. If anyone has ever given me a "look" about it, I've been blissfully oblivious. Go for it! :thumbsup2

I love Meet and Greets!! Spent a lot of time on my adults only two week trip to the F&W Festival standing in line for them. I made a great collage picture of my friends and I with characters titled "meeting new friends". Never had anyone stare or give me looks, well maybe when I was over an hour waiting to see Tinkerbelle - but it was soooo worth it, she was a delight.

Character pics make the best theme park vacation souvenirs, IMHO. You certainly don't need kids to take such pics. We are adults who do theme park trips, and the only time we skip the characters are when the lineup is too long.

This is Disney, we go there to be kids again!

My wife and I look forward to getting a chance to meet the characters! It does not matter if it is just us, or with our daughter or grandchildren. We absolutely LOVE Disney and want to cherish our times there.

I think I would look strange at someone if they commented on us posing with a character. I think I would ask them, don't you know where you are, relax and enjoy your experience at Disney, each visit will end to soon, so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

In my mind I am still a kid! :yay:

CT_Bev&Jeff

So, its ok to get a picture with Jasmine? My Brother in Law and I are going to have a half day to sample some beverages at World Showcase, while the girls go to MK. I think it would be funny to have a picture with just Jasmine to hang in the Man room at home.;););)

So, its ok to get a picture with Jasmine? My Brother in Law and I are going to have a half day to sample some beverages at World Showcase, while the girls go to MK. I think it would be funny to have a picture with just Jasmine to hang in the Man room at home.;););)

Yes it's okay but pay close attention to her times. The line had been closed for about 20 mins before she was even due to arrive, and that was the first week of February. It was really sad to see people being turned away.

Also they did NOT have a photographer for Jasmine and Aladdin when we were there.

Our February 2014 trip was super stressful, it was my friends first trip and I ran myself ragged trying to make sure she had a good time. We are both single almost 40 ladies and she met almost every character we could find. She wanted to meet Snow White, she uses an ECV and it started to sprinkle, so I stood in line and she was off to the side under an overhang keeping dry.

When it was her turn she went up and got her picture and I guess when she was leaving she pointed to me and Snow White wanted me to come up. All I can say was she was REAL!!! I turned into a 5 yr old girl, I was so excited. The photo pass pictures are priceless. Snow White saved my vacation. I was cold, wet, and super stressed out but she just smiled at me and it all melted away. She was so real, heck my eyes are getting wet just thinking about it.

So yes it is okay to be an adult w/o kids and see characters. And don't rush take the time allotted to you for waiting like everyone else (the handlers and photographers will help guide you out if you take too long).

And Snow White, if you are reading this, Thank you! I have the pic of me acting like a 5yr old on the refridge to remind me how real Disney can be.

Me and DH do it quite often and honestly, anyone who gives us weird stares doesn't concern me. We always have breakfast at Crystal Palace so I can see my boy Tigger & will meet characters as I wish...Disney is the only place I can be 5 years old and I don't let anyone ruin it for me! Enjoy!! :)

Go for it! DH and I do it every year!!! We are always treated very kindly by the characters. We have lots of great photos that my nieces love to look at. My favorite M&G is always Tiana.

I see no issue with it, go for it! I saw plenty of adults only in the the M&Gs on our last few trips. I will admit, that at first I thought it was a bit odd, nothing that I would stare at somebody for or say anything to them, just a bit different. Then I came to the DIS and saw how important it was to so many adults to do, then I realized that it really is all part of being young at heart. Now I notice it more in the line and don't think twice about it. Have fun!:cool1:

I'm up to 71 characters I've had my picture taken with, more than half are just me with the character. DW and I have done three trips without the kids. Even with the kids I will stand in line by myself to get a picture of a character I haven't met yet. I'm a character hunter!
:-)

One trip I was in line for Goofy & Max. There was a group in front of me with kids and a group in back of me with kids. After the group in front of me was done, the 2 girls that were behind me went running up to Goofy, I said, "hey wait a minute, its my turn". The 2 girls looked me funny, the mom just laughed. They thought I was with the other group. NOPE!

I don't think it's that weird. I'll probably be 70 years old one day and be in line to meet someone without kids. And hey, if people give you strange looks, haters gonna hate!

I don't find it odd at all. Our first trip there was a girl and guy (girl was celebrating her birthday) probably early to mid twenties standing in line in front of us to meet the princesses. They were super nice, I chatted with her (our birthdays were a day apart). I honestly thought it was weird, I was probably a few years older but I would not be meeting characters if it wasn't for my daughter. I am more of an adventurer and pretty shy with people. but I was nice to them and I don't think I threw them any weird looks.

my only complaint is if you are a large group please please please don't have the photographer use 10 different cameras/phones to take your picture. We were meeting Mickey at DHS in January. A group of about 10-15 tourists were meeting him. They would take the picture, then someone would hop out hand the photographer a camera/phone hop back in place and have a picture taken. Repeat, repeat, repeat. I just found it time consuming and irritating. They should have just gave the photographer the stack of devices all at once or just made do with 2 or 3 different devices.

4 years ago my husband and i had our honeymoon at disney and we did all the lines to meet the characters. no shame!!! :cool1: we loved it and didnt care if there was anyone that saw it weird

The first time I went as an without any kids, I was worried about it too. Would parents be mad at me for taking a spot, so that some kid wouldn't get to do the meet? I almost passed on my chance for a meet with Mary Poppins (my favorite!) and Bert in DL because I was a grown-up and didn't have a kid with me.

Luckily my brother convinced me otherwise. I treasure the photo of MP, Bert & I, and the memories of so many other meets I've done as a solo adult. Belle telling me that we are kindred spirits- so true! Gaston running over and yelling at the Beast's castle during our meet- hysterical & priceless! And there are so many more.

Enjoy the magic!

I'm 24 years old and I always travel with my mom to WDW. Together we meet every character we can and no one thinks it's weird or anything like it. It's completely normal!

I think I've had the best conversations with characters as an adult. Like the time I talked with Naveen and Tiana about coquis and chocolate, and that time I talked with Rapunzel, Flynn, Snow White, and her Prince about how Capt. Jack Sparrow always crashed their parties. It's truly awesome and sometimes I even get a little teary eyed when I meet characters for the first time, like on my last trip when I met Anna and Elsa.

I'm going on an adults trip this fall and we booked two character breakfast/dinners :-) That's what I love about doing adults trips to Disney, everyone can feel like a kid again!

Do it do it do it!!!!!!! I have lots of pics with me and the characters in my trip report if you want to see! (link in my signature)

Everyone gets to be a "kid" at Disney - that's the magic! My Hubby and I are childless and love getting pics w characters - without feeling odd or weird. Everyone is very fun & supportive of anyone in line- don't feel odd! Characters love the 'break" and you can get some really great pics that will be some great memories for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter