Adults and Solo Trips Central

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going on my first partial solo trip in May (11-14th will me solo, then my dad, stepmom, and 2 year old nephew are flying in for his first trip.)

I'm a 29 year old single female from Dallas and would love any advice for first time solo wdw trip....

First of all, have fun! I would say that since the first part of your trip is solo, do what you enjoy most. If you like to sleep in, that's the time to do it...if you're a rope drop to closing type, the first part of your trip is the time to do it.

Of course, its a good idea to set up your fastpasses. At Epcot, you should use the tiered pass for Soarin'...do single rider on Test Track. Especially in the morning, the line is usually pretty short.

If you're so inclined, when you're solo is probably time to do any "drinking around the world" at World Showcase. I'm guessing the second part of your trip will be a lot different with a 2 year old coming in...but it'll still be magical. Also, especially since you're young, talk up the cast members at World Showcase. Most of them are here from their foreign land and are happy to chat with folks in their peer group.

I will be doing a solo trip April 23 - May 2 - with a visit to Harry Potter World on 25-26. Love running around the world solo, but I find it's more fun to share a meal than be solo. If anyone wants to meet up for dinner, let me know.

Laura - 47 yo, Silicon Valley California. Split stay - Boardwalk Inn, then Poly! SO EXCITED!!!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
I will also be down Wed 22nd thru Tues 28th. A dinner sounds good. With 15 year old daughter, but she'll be off with others...

At Epcot, you should use the tiered pass for Soarin'...do single rider on Test Track. Especially in the morning, the line is usually pretty short.

Already have my fastpasses set up. I'm excited to just do things on my own time. No waiting for anyone else to get ready (I might be a girl but I get ready in stereotypically "boy time," some of my friends... not so much,) no bathroom breaks because that one person didn't go when everyone else was last time, just rides and dole whip.

I was wondering about single rider. Test Track is the only place I'm fairly sure it will make a line faster. I've heard from others that Rockin Roller Coaster's single rider line is sometimes slower than the main one. I'll search the forum for more info about Expedition Everest.

I'm soloing then as well and also want to race through the headliner attractions first thing, if you'd want to start one of the days together (I wouldn't spend the whole day, plus our Fast Passes would never agree). (also I don't do Tower Terror or Rock n Roll Coaster or Everest or spinning Space)
I'm doing Studios on M-11, Animal on Tu-12, Epcot on Th-14. (already doing Magic with a co-worker on W-13)
Ah, none of our plans align sadly. I should have included my itinerary so far my plans are:

May 11th: Getting around noon, have FP+ for MK from 6:40pm- 10:35pm
May 12th: FP+ EPCOT from 10am-1pm [Not sure what park I'll do that evening, probably DHS]
May 13th: FP+ DHS from 10am-2pm [Not sure for evening park]
May 14th: FP+ tenatively 12pm- 5pm at MK [might change, that evening my nephew comes in and he should be done with his nap and ready for MK by 5pm]

just as well, my co-worker just shifted her days and now we're going to the same parks on Tues-Weds-Thurs :-)

...I was wondering about single rider. Test Track is the only place I'm fairly sure it will make a line faster. I've heard from others that Rockin Roller Coaster's single rider line is sometimes slower than the main one. I'll search the forum for more info about Expedition Everest.

I don't do RnRC so I can't attest directly to it, but my son has done the single rider line there with mixed results. The Everest single rider line is quite good. Its a little hidden, so I think a lot of people miss it. That one is often less than 10 minutes.

Making a solo trip from May 10-14th staying at my absolute favorite resort POR. Can't wait to hit the parks and enjoy some relaxing time at the resort.

Solo during the day May 10-13. Available to fill extra ride seats and a chair at meals. I won't share Dole Whip or Mickey ice cream bars. Info: 38 yo male

No plans. Gasp. No fast passes scheduled either. Bigger gasp! Just going to have a good time.

Ha. Ha. I suppose the planning can be fun but I also find it stressful in the sense that I 'HAVE' to be in a certain place at a certain time. What if I can't stop drinking Beverly at club cool or spend too long at Raglan Road the night before? :offtopic:

99.96 % sure ill be on my 1st solo trip 9/30-10/6. Right now im trying to crunch numbers for dining! Ill be at DHS EARLY on 10/3 for Dapper Day and then MK that night :) planning on MNSSHP on 10/1 :)

whos coming to Trader Sams with me!?

Quick question, I apologize if the answer is obvious. Is this section only for WDW or is it also for DL? If only WDW, is there a similar area on the DL side that I am missing. Thank you!

99.96 % sure ill be on my 1st solo trip 9/30-10/6. Right now im trying to crunch numbers for dining! Ill be at DHS EARLY on 10/3 for Dapper Day and then MK that night :) planning on MNSSHP on 10/1 :)

whos coming to Trader Sams with me!?

I might be there similar dates. Trying to decide on last week in sept or first week in oct.

Already have my fastpasses set up. I'm excited to just do things on my own time. No waiting for anyone else to get ready (I might be a girl but I get ready in stereotypically "boy time," some of my friends... not so much,) no bathroom breaks because that one person didn't go when everyone else was last time, just rides and dole whip.

I was wondering about single rider. Test Track is the only place I'm fairly sure it will make a line faster. I've heard from others that Rockin Roller Coaster's single rider line is sometimes slower than the main one. I'll search the forum for more info about Expedition Everest.

Everest has the best single rider, nobody knows about it. I am always able to jump right back on after riding. Rockin Roller Coaster is hit or miss. Too many groups go into it, which can gum up the works. I will be trying out Test Track Single Rider on my next trip!

My experience has been that Rockin' Roller Coaster's single rider line is much faster than the regular line. There are times when you can go through the regular line in 10 minutes but most of the time it's 30 minutes plus. Last week I used a fast pass on RR (5 minutes max except for the sound room), I got off and did single rider, and it was just as fast. The normal wait was 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter