Adult ordering kids meal with DP

ShannyMcB

DIS Veteran
Apologies if this has been asked, I'm sure it has but...
Wasn't planning on getting the dining plan as it would not save us money. However, since it appears it may now be included with the disney+ offer now it makes more sense.
My son is considered a Disney adult (will be 12 at time of travel) and I understand him having to pay adult prices at table service. However on our last trip both he and I would often order off the kids menu at QS since adult sized meals were just way more food than either of us could eat and he often preferred the kids offerings.
Utilizing the dining plan would we have to order off the regular menu or could we order off the kids? I saw the dining plan info on mydisney states kids 3-9 must order off the kids menu for QS but it doesn't say adults can't order off the kids.
Just curious as this will slightly alter where we go for QS...need places that offer pizza or chicken strips as regular entrees if he has to order an adult meal.

Not sure what the official policy is, but when I did the free Dining Plans pre-pandemic, I often ordered quick service kids meals as a full grown adult with no problem.

Can i follow up on this - What about Adult's ordering off the kids menu at a Table Service restaurant? Will they make it an adult sized portion at least? My son's are the PICKIEST of eaters and it is my only hope if I am to eat at some restaurants.

TIA

Can i follow up on this - What about Adult's ordering off the kids menu at a Table Service restaurant? Will they make it an adult sized portion at least? My son's are the PICKIEST of eaters and it is my only hope if I am to eat at some restaurants.

TIA
I’ve have one like this as well, it would be ridiculous if they didn’t but also interested to know

Not sure what the official policy is, but when I did the free Dining Plans pre-pandemic, I often ordered quick service kids meals as a full grown adult with no problem.
Good to know, we have free QS dining plan next year, but I almost always order from kids menu at QS as I don't want to eat that much food, and like to leave room for snacks 😋 (FYI I won't be ordering any alcoholic drinks, as I don't drink in WDW)

TIA
I don't think it ever hurts to ask. Years ago i took my granddaighters to CRT and had the adult DDP for them. The youngest was given a large order of the kids chicken, no problem.

i'm just trying to determine BEFORE hand. don't want to show up at a restaurant and find out my actual adult picky son's won't eat anything.

This thread reminds me of a happy Disney memory.

Years ago I had a “Disney adult” 9 year old who loves Disney Mac N Cheese. One evening at Boatwright’s, we asked if he could order a macaroni and cheese off of the kids menu, understanding that it would take an adult TS credit.

Kid then piped up that he wanted a big portion, not a child size entree, as he really loved it.

The cook arrived at the table, along with a couple of other cast members with a huge serving/salad bowl filled with Mac N Cheese and said “How’s this?” We laughed and laughed. They even packaged the leftovers for us to take back to our room.

The kid was in piggy heaven!

Last summer we ate brunch at Topolinos terrace. My son was 10 at the time and as such considered an adult. Both he and our younger daughter ordered the the Mickey Waffle Dippers. Compared to hers, our son's meal was nearly a double portion. That was just our experience though and may vary depending on where you eat.

it seems most everyone's 'adult' is just the kids who disney considers adults. Not sure i can take a chance with picky 'REAL' adults getting an adult portion of kids meal.. not going to potentially waste a dining credit on a maybe

it seems most everyone's 'adult' is just the kids who disney considers adults. Not sure i can take a chance with picky 'REAL' adults getting an adult portion of kids meal.. not going to potentially waste a dining credit on a maybe
Most places will allow them to order whatever they have as a kids meal but it will count as an adult credit, not a child's.

You can 100% use an adult credit for a kids meal, that is something they allow everyone to do no problem. However, asking if they will give you an adult size portion for the kids meal is simply not something we can answer with certainty, as its entirely dependent on the restaurant, the server, and can even vary day by day..there is no concrete answer.
To be on the safe side, expect the meal to be a normal kids size portion..and if you dont think that's enough food then you should avoid it.

TIA
I'm unsure if this has been answered yet but I know that can be done at 50's Prime Time. We have done this twice now. The first time I knew Mac & Cheese was an option to do that with but didn't know the chicken strips could be too. The server informed me. This wasn't on the dining plan (wasn't offered at the time) but we are a family of picky eaters. I'm assuming the price is slightly higher (I have no idea what it was), but if you have an adult credit taken from the dining plan, it shouldn't matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter