<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
Sunday, July 13th
Pre Trip Report

The Cast -
Me - Aaron - ADP
Kim - DW
Anna - DD (8)

Hi Everyone,

I'm back for another live report from Disney World. I hope you can read along as I try and bring you what is happening at Walt Disney World and our adventures as they happen day by day. I'm doing this trip report on the DIS Unplugged board because I feel like I know so many of you. It's been great getting to know all of you over the past year plus.

This trip report starts with a little twist. We are breaking tradition by visiting my in-laws in Northeast Ohio. Normally, we would have a countdown calendar and finish our packing today, but since we are in Ohio at a family reunion, well, tradition will have to take a back seat for now.

Also, we would normally fly out of the Indianapolis airport, but because of our visiit in Ohio we will be departing from the Akron/Canton airport instead of driving all the way back to Indianapolis and flying out from there. You know, gas is $4.00 a gallon...:scared1: so flying out of Akron/Canton instead of Indy will save us gas money. Airtran has non-stop flights out of Akron/Canton too, an absolute bonus! :goodvibes. I was able to rent a car from Indy and will drop it off at the Akron/Canton airport. We got a great deal on the one-way car rental from Indy to NE Ohio, or we might have scrapped our plans of flying out of Akron/Canton.

We've packed a small suitcase for our trip to Ohio and a larger suitcase for our trip to Orlando. So our packing is complete and we are ready to go.

We leave for Orlando tomorrow morning. Our flight departs at Noon. Our anticipation is building. Today at the family reunion Anna was busy surfing the DIS looking for ways to beat the heat in Orlando.

Picture020-2-1.jpg

We will be moving from resort to resort; which I prefer; however DW (Kim) isn't a huge fan of it, but will do it for me. :) We will be spending our first 4 nights on DVC points at the Wilderness Lodge Villas in a 1 bedroom villa, then 3 nights at the Polynesian in a garden view room, and finially one night at Old Key West in a 1 bedroom villa. I had some DVC points I needed to use or they would have expired and OKW fit the bill just right.

Some of the events I'm looking forward to on this trip will be:
- Staying at the Polynesian
- Eating at Trails End for the first time
- Riding Toy Story Midway Mania and checking out Pixar Place for the first time
- Dining at The Wave for Breakfast
- Having ice cream at Beaches N Cream
- Welcome Home Wednesday's DVC event

Some of the things I'm not looking forward to on this trip:
- The heat
- Larger than usual crowds

Our plan is to take afternoon breaks between 1:00 and 5:00PM on most days to avoid the peak of heat and crowds. We will be going to one park in the morning and then a different park in the evening. During our afternoon breaks we will be either dining, swimming, sleeping, or just relaxing back at the resort. Since we are staying at some nice resorts we want a chance to enjoy them and the amenities they offer.

Our transportation plan is to use Magical Express and Disney transportation during our visit. I will give you a current view of how our transporation experiences are at the parks and resorts. I'm hopeful it will work out, but I understand it can be a "hit or miss" experience.

Oh! Before I forget to mention it. As per my last live trip report I am no longer on a diet during this 8 day trip. When I get on the plane the diet, or my life changing food attitude is no longer in effect. :laughing: I've been able to maintain my weight since April; in fact, even a few pounds lighter. I will get back to the routine when we returne on July 22nd.

So, we are off. Anna (DD 8) is standing right next to me. Earlier, she was so excited to leave she was doing cartwheels in the front of the in-laws house.

Picture023-1.jpg

And just so you know who I am here's a picture of me last April at EPCOT (sorry, it's a bit fuzzy). I'm usually taking the pictures so its not often I get one of myself.

Picture072-1-1.jpg

I hope you enjoy this trip report as much as we enjoy bringing it to you. I've found the next best thing to going to Disney World is readking a live trip report. They really are fun to read and write, and provide a history and journal of our events. They are fun to revisit and remember what we did during our visit. It's cool hearing and seeing what happened at WDW up to the hour on the specific day.

I'll provide another report tomorrow night for sure, maybe sooner.

Up Next:
Arriving in Orlando
Magical Express to the Wilderness Lodge Villas
Dining at Rain Forest Cafe (AK) with Family
Animal Kingdom Evening EMH

Yay! :cool1: I love live trippies!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm really curious about the crowds. Supposedly, they are lower than usual. Can't wait to hear your report. :thumbsup2

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

How can I not subscribe when I have a DD named Anna who is one month away from being 8?;)

Plus I have a morbid curiosity for how people survive July trips!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Hope you have a wonderful time! Looking forward to reading your TR and seeing all the pics! :goodvibes

So, it's Aaron/Kim, Kim/Kim, and Anna/Kimkin...off to WDW! Looking forward to the report, pre-sympathizing about the heat and crowds, admiring your plan to take long NAPS midday!

Awesome! I'll be following along (in the air conditioning.):cool1:

:rotfl: Sure, rubb it in. :)

Yay! :cool1: I love live trippies!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm really curious about the crowds. Supposedly, they are lower than usual. Can't wait to hear your report. :thumbsup2

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

I'll be sure to let you know about crowds. We're bracing for the worst, but hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.

How can I not subscribe when I have a DD named Anna who is one month away from being 8?;)

Plus I have a morbid curiosity for how people survive July trips!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll be sure to stay hydrated. Our plan is to drink pleanty of Grey Goose slushies. Oh! Never mind...That will never work. :laughing:

Hope you have a wonderful time! Looking forward to reading your TR and seeing all the pics! :goodvibes

Thanks Betsy!

So, it's Aaron/Kim, Kim/Kim, and Anna/Kimkin...off to WDW! Looking forward to the report, pre-sympathizing about the heat and crowds, admiring your plan to take long NAPS midday!

Oh yes, Kim's everywhere. We all have a little Kim in all of us, don't we. :lmao:
NAPS...definately not in the parks. Maybe back at the resort lobby though in honor of our good friend. :)

Yeah!! It's another live report from ADP!! :cheer2: I'm vehemently subscribing. :woohoo: I wish I could go to WDW as often as your incredibly lucky family! Sorry about the heat, or am I? ;)

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip there Aaron. Just think about all the great things you have to look forward to like the heat and humidity, the rain, and the wonderful crowds.:lmao: Just kidding of course old friend. See you in August:goodvibes

This is so amazing and nice of you ADP! I can't wait to read more. However, I have a strange feeling that because you mentioned my most favorite hotel (the poly) I will begin crying because I miss it so much.

Hope you have a wonderful time.
Soo beyond jealous of you.

I loved your last trip report I cant wait to hear more. We are leaving in 1 week. Whoo hoo. I am dying to hear how the crowds are this time of year. We have only been once in July and it didnt seem that bad to me.

Thanks for being my dealer Aaron. I need a Disney fix to hold me over till September. You're trippie is just the thing I need.

Aaron - Have a safe flight and hurry up with the next installment! I can definitely relate to your modified diet...my vacation officially starts when I order a regular (as in drippin' with sugar) Coke! ;)

I'll have to keep my eyes open for you in the parks - I arrive in the World on Wednesday. :woohoo: (And no diet for me this week. We already have plans for eating Tonga Toast.) ::yes::

I'm looking forward to the trip report...I also love live reports. Of course, since I live 30 minutes from the Akron airport, and love the Poly and Wilderness Lodge, I can live vicariously through you!

Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter