Adoptive Families: Heads-Up on "Meet the Robinsons"

I thought the movie was great, I can't believe the inaccuracies in the press release. I hate when places try and "mold" how a movie is to fit their agenda. Please, I urge anyone who is considering not going to see this movie based on that information to please reconsider. I thought it was excellent, and very well done.
Please consider after seeing this movie sending an email and letting them know that you are displeased with their somewhat skewed portrayl of this film.

We just got home from watching this movie in 3D and it was GREAT...other than the Disney specials on the Travel channel it is the only thing that has kept my 2 yr old glued to her seat...It was 124 families by the way!!;)

I thought the movie was very cute and in no way did it make fun of adopted children!!!

I haven't seen it yet, but I will definately be taking all 8 of my adopted children to see it. Unfortunately, for children like mine, being rejected over and over again is a fact of life. Two of my kids, the second pair we adopted, had been almost adopted before we found out about them. A family had been selected and the children had been told. Then the family found out one little thing they didn't like and backed out. My kids were devastated. (Obviously that story has a happy end too!) My newest four had been bounced from foster home to foster home and no one was willing to adopt them, until we came along.

I actually think this movie will be great for them. It will help them see that it doesn't mean something is wrong with them when they have a hard time finding their forever family. It may open their eyes to the fact that it is not because they are flawed, it is because the right family just hadn't gotten to them yet.

We saw this movie last night with our 4 yo adopted DD.

We all liked it.

We both felt it had a positive message that there is a family for everyone. It just may take some time.

I'm adopted= the oldest of 18 kids- I had no problems with the movie, I am an adult but the agency's information was way off??:confused3

I took my kids to see this today, and I seriously doubt that the author of the article even SAW this movie. It sounds like the author wrote this based on parts and pieces that he/she heard about from other sources.
I have no direct connection to adoption, but I didn't feel any negative connotation regarding adoption from the movie. Yes, the main character went through 120+ "interviews" and goes through the feelings of rejection, but the story also ends so nicely I got goosebumbs. And my 4 year old even commented that "he found his family" at the end, which was nice.
All in all, it is a good movie, and I don't feel it portrayed anything in a bad light.

Wow, I wonder what they think of Stewart little!:rotfl: My DD loved the movie she is not adopted but sometimes takes things to the extreme while watching movies (she takes everything very literal) and it did not raise any questions. But believe me she would of asked!!

I am appauled at the information in that atrticle that is not only completely wrong, but twisted to badmouth a movie that I doubt the writer has even seen once. (It was 124 families by the way, not 114) This movie has very positive messages and I can't even count how many times I've taken my boyfriend, his family and our friends to go see it again because we were in the mood.

There are families out there who will only want children for their image, or to use them as a trophy for their own life accomplishments, who wouldn't adopt a good child because he/she doesn't fit their perfect requirements. But this movie also shows that there are good families as well, and I failed to see how this movie put adoption in a bad light. It's sad and petty that alot of the media is focused on finding dirt or creating a controversial issue out of something that is good. Watch this movie, judge it for yourself. Disregard that foolishly biased report and see if you actually agree with them when the credits are rolling.

as an adoptee I was not insulted at all by the movie-my kids thought it was really cute. My dd7 did ask if I had waited at an orphanage for parents to 'pick me' and it opened the door to some good communication. Since both DH & I are adopted and reunited with our birth families, I've known that she was confused by all the 'grandmothers' she has!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter