Adding two people for a night?

Mickey1976

Mouseketeer
My parents may be down in Florida at the same time we're staying at Art of Animation (in a family suite). I *think* they'd hang out with us for the day, spend the night, and then head out the next day when we go to a park (unless I can convince them to join us). Is this doable? Do I have to tell anyone? Is there an additional cost for them? Not sure how to approach this. Thank you!!

It can be done as long as you don't exceed the occupancy of the room with two extra people.

You need to tell the front desk you are adding two people to the reservation; they may choose to or not to charge you the addtional $10.00 per night per adult for the value resorts.

If you exceed the room occupancy, and it is noted by the resort, you risk being asked to leave the premises and you would forfeit the remainder of your reservation.

I don't think they charge an additional adult fee in the suites. And yes, you should be able to add them when they arrive.

I don't think they charge an additional adult fee in the suites. And yes, you should be able to add them when they arrive.

You are correct; I just priced it out with 2 adults and 4 adults room only and the price didn't change.

Sorry about that!

If this is a package, I don't think you can add anyone other than for length of stay. Room only....yes.

If this is a package, I don't think you can add anyone other than for length of stay. Room only....yes.

Incorrect; you can add people once you get to the resort, if they want to stay for a few nights.

You just cannot add them now or they would have to be on the same package.

As long as you do not exceed the occupancy limit on the room, you can add people mid-stay and just pay the extra adult fee if it applies. they won't be able to use ME or have the dining plan, but they can get into the parks with a parks ticket and use EMH, since they are considered a guest.

Incorrect; you can add people once you get to the resort, if they want to stay for a few nights.

You just cannot add them now or they would have to be on the same package.

As long as you do not exceed the occupancy limit on the room, you can add people mid-stay and just pay the extra adult fee if it applies. they won't be able to use ME or have the dining plan, but they can get into the parks with a parks ticket and use EMH, since they are considered a guest.

Never knew that.... I can think of a million dishonest things to do with that info....:scratchin

Never knew that.... I can think of a million dishonest things to do with that info....:scratchin

People do it all the time; like husband cannot stay entire trip; parents live close by and stay the night; child cannot get the entire week off from college, etc.

A few years ago, I took two friends and lo and behold, her brother was down in Kississimee for a baseball tournament. He only had a room for the two days of the tournament; he stayed one night with us and they all went to BB for the day. He bought the one day Waterparks ticket and they already had it on their ticket, so it worked out great.

We expected the extra adult charge, but they said for one night not to worry about it.

Thanks for the replies everyone! We wouldn't be exceeding the amount...it's just hubby, me and DDx2...so my parents would be guests 5 and 6. They'd just pay OOP for their dinner and it would probably only be for one night...they could get tickets into the park from anywhere I guess. We have ressies for Cape May the night I'm thinking they may join us...I wonder if I should change our ressies to include them and then cancel the two extra people if they come or just chance them seating the 6 of us on a ressie for 4 people. Thoughts? Thank you again!!

I would book for 6. We have never had a problem with a restaurant downsizing a table by a couple people. It seems to be much easier than adding guests.

they could get tickets into the park from anywhere I guess.

Anywhere = any WDW ticket booth, or guest services at AoA, or they could waste several hours visiting a time share presentation for "free"/reduced tickets... Really, best source for one day tickets is Walt Disney World.

Thanks for the replies everyone! We wouldn't be exceeding the amount...it's just hubby, me and DDx2...so my parents would be guests 5 and 6. They'd just pay OOP for their dinner and it would probably only be for one night...they could get tickets into the park from anywhere I guess. We have ressies for Cape May the night I'm thinking they may join us...I wonder if I should change our ressies to include them and then cancel the two extra people if they come or just chance them seating the 6 of us on a ressie for 4 people. Thoughts? Thank you again!!

I would change your ressie to 6. There is a good chance they may not be able to accommodate the 2 extra people that evening. 4 top tables are easier to come by than a 6 top. they can always seat the 4 of you at a 6 top if your parents can't make it but they can't seat 6 of you at a 4 top and they just may not have a 6 top open at that time without it wreaking havoc on the rest of the evening's bookings if you show up with extra guests. That's what I would do if it were me. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter