Add-on or Solara convertible??

Solara convertible or DVC add-on?

• DVC add-on and cheaper car

• Solara convertible and no add-on

Results are only viewable after voting.
Buy the add-on then RENT A CONVERTIBLE for the drive to WDW...that way you have the best of both worlds!!!

Originally posted by LIFERBABE
I didnt know it looked like that!!!

Sweeeeet!

See the problem here? Brain vs heart.

Toyota is going to have a Solara in NASCAR in 2006.

::yes::

For heaven's sake, it is just a car :jester:

Don't think the car will last until 2042 or 2054 :sunny:

Take the add-on.....

thanks
jaysue

I voted for the car, sorry. I am car guy. I waited on buying into DVC a few months to pay off my Ford Expedition, my favorite car! It's worth it if you are a car guy.

How were you planning to pay? Maybe you can spend half the money on each thing and finance the rest?

I am about to have $10,000 extra to play with and I am going to use half of it to put down on the van my wife wants, the 2005 Grand Caravan SXT with the stow and go and then I am taking the other $5,000 and adding on.

Get the best of both worlds, but BUY THE CAR for sure. I can tell that's what you want to do, so DO IT. Like someone said though, find a way to add on also if you really want that as well, because we only live once!!!!

Very interesting question. I wouldn't be able to decide either. Good Luck::yes::

I had to laugh...I had never heard of a Salara and looked it up online. At first I put in Solera, and came up with a retirement community in Arizona. I am not a "car guy" so it is a no-brainer. But as my husband points out, I could have a BIG diamond or DVC - now, that took about 2 seconds to decide.
Sandie B - BCV owner with 2 BCV add-ons.

I'm with everyone who thinks the car is just a means of transportation and nothing more. But it really is matter of what YOU will derive more pleasure from!

ADD ON! A car is a car that will depreciate to nothing in less than a decade! You will have 50 years of memories with DVC. What's more important? Material possesions or family memories?

my vote is for DVC.
BUT:
A) rent the car for at least one vacation (you could be driving the newest model EVERY year that way :teeth: )
B) do the Richard Petty Driving Experience

then again, i've had lotsa different vehicles (including a convertible), and i still LOVE my '95 Jeep GC Limited ~ almost 100k miles, but can run over a corvette with ease :eek: (DH did that, NOT me!! lesson learned ~ check to see if anyone is driving on ppl's lawns when making a right turn :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by OneMoreTry
Toyota is going to have a Solara in NASCAR in 2006.

::yes::

First, they stop racing stock cars, now they're adding non-north american name plates. Why don't they just drop the NAS and call it CAR racing. :crazy:

FWIW, I'd buy the add-on and hunt down a slightly used car. A 195X Impala convertable...now that's a car to cruise with the top down. :cool2:
-Joe
who as a yankee city boy, doesn't quite get driving in circles as being fun. :crazy:

Originally posted by jmminarik
First, they stop racing stock cars, now they're adding non-north american name plates. Why don't they just drop the NAS and call it CAR racing. :crazy:

-Joe
who as a yankee city boy, doesn't quite get driving in circles as being fun. :crazy:

I live in Bristol. Have been to one race -- it was Dale Sr's last race here. Might go back if friends were going but I'm not a fan either. I agree that NASCAR is going so far past its roots that it's unrecognizable. Big money is what is changing it.

Toyotas are made in the US now for the most part. I don't think it will be a problem unless they start to win. I'd hate to be at the Bristol Toyota dealership on that day!!!

Buy more points cars only dissapoint you in the long run unless you go big and buy a Ferrari or Lambo etc. A car is the biggest money pit you can own it always depreciates and costs you money no matter what you do you pay for a car wether it is for gas or insurance etc even after the car payment is gone you still pay for it. I love cars but love DVC more. Now if it was a sport bike Like the new Honda CBR600RR that would be a tough choice.

We got the car about a month ago. Posted details on original post. Just posting here to bump.

Well choosen. Driving a convertible is like going on vacation everytime the weather is nice!

Different Approach . . .

1) Buy a cheap car.
2) Buy add-on points.
3) Give the points to daughter as a present.

EVERYBODY gets happy.

Do what any Red Blooded Flag Waving Platstic Carrying American would do.

Buy BOTH !

We did both! Bought the Sebring convertible about 4 months ago and DVC yesterday. Riding with the top down is the only acceptable substitute for being on vacation!:cool:

Hey, we've spent the last 21 years raising children, they are both independent....for the most part....and it's our turn. I've seen too many people who keep dreaming about the car and the vacation and the time together as a couple...waiting for retirement or more money or more time....just to have one spouse get sick or die before they realize the dream. I'm not going to do anything stupid, but I'm not going to just dream....I want the reality too!

Well back in june I bought myself a Jeep Wrangler, I love the thing, 2 days later my guide phoned and said she had points available for the add on I wanted. My husband would have freeked if I had suggested the add on after I bought the car he didn't want. (we had a used 1996 BMW 328I Convertible, nice car, but just not me!! plus every time something went wrong it was over $1000.0!!)

After our trip to VWL for the first time as owners in August, he has decided he really likes it, would like to go for longer trips and have the luxury of the 2 bedroom for the 4 of us. (we usualy go to WDW once every 18 months, and Vero eveyr 12)

So now I sit and wait patienly for my guide to call with my points, I don't want alot, but at least I will finally get my cake and eat it too!!!!!

I seriously thought about the SSR add-on of 130, but decided I just want to deal with VWL!

I think cars are one of the poorist investments around and I really do not see any value in them what so ever, I just see them as a way to get from A to B. I would buy more points if I was yourself, do not get yourself caught up in the whole statice symbol thing that they represent. While your car has been in the scrap yard for years you will still be enjoying memoriable Disney Vacations.

Well that depends on the car you buy!!! We bought a $12,000.00 1968 Shelby GT500, bought it about 6 years ago, we were just offered a little over $60,000.00 for it!!! But hubby wont get rid of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!