Accepting CP offer and not going?

Spring2011CP

Earning My Ears
I was offered a role for the Spring program, but there are still some personal things up in the air and I don't know if I will be able to go yet. My time limit to accept the role is going to run out, so if I accept the role and pay the deposit and in a couple of weeks find out that I won't be able to do the program, would the company hold it against me? I would notify them of course, but I don't want to do anything that would possibly complicate my getting another CP or other job with the company in the future.

And, does anyone know a phone number I can call? All I can find is the recruiting email address and they haven't responded yet.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Also, I have been reading these boards for a while, and they are very helpful! Especially preparing for my interview :)

If you accept the role then decide you don't want to do it you'll have to "self-term" and that will be held against you. You will most likely get a "restricted" status. Restricted means that for a certain amount of time you won't be able to work for Disney at all (no ABC, no Disney Store, nothing Disney owns) and if you do want to work for Disney again eventually you'll have to fill out paperwork. How long restricted statuses last and how they get lifted sometimes vary. If you really think you can't do it, I think it would be better to decline than to self-term. Then again, you technically aren't completely hired until after you get there and start working...but still accepting is accepting and they'll take you seriously, thinking you mean it when you commit.

If you accept the role then decide you don't want to do it you'll have to "self-term" and that will be held against you.

This isn't accurate. You only self-term if you have actually started working. If you don't ever arrive, you aren't ever employed and can't actually terminate (end employment).

If you accept and can't go, they call this a "cancel" and it is fine. You won't get your $100 back, but you can easily apply again in the future.

Hi there! I think I can ease your mind. I was accepted into the Fall 2010 program. I accepted the role and paid the fee. One month prior to my scheduled arrival date, I realized I was unable to attend. I emailed recruitment to let them know (as I consider that a professional courtesy). I have since reapplied and am thankful (and relieved!) to report that I have been accepted for Spring 2011. Dreams do come true! Hope this is helpful to you and others as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter