Accept no substitutes!

:D I wonder if the items that are all manufactured at the same plant but just have different branded labels are all like, "Hey, reunion, guys!" in the fridge?

Maybe that's how fridge battlelines are drawn? Everything by Nestle is all fighting together, against the Kraft products?

-Kraft Dinner (I finally do NOT call it Mac & Cheese now! Only ten years of living in Canada!)
-French's Ketchup (when we can find it)
-Purex toilet paper - it must be 2 or 3-ply or yes, the DH returns it to the store!
-Ziploc bags
-Schneider's European Smoked Sausage Pepperettes
-Hellman's Mayo (if you want me to eat it! otherwise I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE mayo)
Welcome, eh! :wave2:
Awesome on the Canadianess! :)
::yes::

Very obscure, but Salcombe Dairy Ice Cream cannot be beat... perhaps unless we're talking about authentic Italian gelato, which I first sampled in Venice!

As for cheese, you can't beat proper farm shop varieties as opposed to processed rubbish!
Your local brand would have to be absolute nectar of the gods to be better than gelato in Italy. I gained 6lbs. after returning from Europe this spring on a desperate quest to find anything here that could compete. :lmao:

As for cheese, you can't beat proper farm shop varieties as opposed to processed rubbish!

Lol, I often say cheese should come in paper (like the cheese shop) not plastic (like the grocery store). Then again, sometimes I use Velveeta, so what do I know.

Few things brand loyal, but must be one of a few name brands - exception - Community Coffee (Baton Rouge, LA), Tonys (cajun spice), and Kraft Miracle Whip. Will occasionally buy a store brand for a few staple items ie. corn starch, baking soda, salt, some spices.

I've read much of the thread and the only thing I can think of that actually matters is Texas Pete hot sauce. We're smoking a boston butt tomorrow and I cannot eat any without Texas Pete! Yum!

Hershey's syrup, Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chips for cookies. Have to have Hershey's on my vanilla ice cream, and if someone tells you store brand chocolate chips taste the same, they are a liar. Coke or Pepsi, no store brand pop either. Cheerios have to be Cheerios. The store brands I have tried don't have the same texture.

@maxiesmom same here with the Hershey's syrup, and the chips. As far as the syrup goes, I am old enough to remember Bosco and that is what my mom always had to have. If I remember correctly, Bosco was thicker than Hershey's and it was THE syrup in the house for chocolate milk. We did have Nestle's quick (powder) as well but Bosco was IT!

Same here. The cheaper brands like RoseArt are terrible. Too waxy and they clump. Crayolas may cost a bit more, but are definitely worth it.
More than just waxy and clumpy. Also potentially deadly! :(

http://www.asbestosnation.org/facts/tests-find-asbestos-in-kids-crayons-crime-scene-kits/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/08/health/crayons-toys-asbestos-report/index.html

Please don't buy crayons from the dollar store or from unknown brand names! :( You have no idea where they came from and how they were manufactured...

@maxiesmom same here with the Hershey's syrup, and the chips. As far as the syrup goes, I am old enough to remember Bosco and that is what my mom always had to have. If I remember correctly, Bosco was thicker than Hershey's and it was THE syrup in the house for chocolate milk. We did have Nestle's quick (powder) as well but Bosco was IT!

Bosco was no ordinary syrup. It was the milk amplifier. I used to drink it straight.

Jiff peanut butter
Twinings tea
Kraft mayo
Starkist or Chicken of the Sea canned tuna
DiGiorno frozen pizza
Comet
All detergent

Huy Fong Sriracha
Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
Cheez-It's
Goldfish
Caffeine free Pepsi

That I think is about it. A lot of things I get at Aldi or I use the Meijer brand. I may buy the brand name of items, but usually there is a substitute that I am happy with.

Definitely YES to the Crayola crayons!!

Also...

Bush's Baked Beans
Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Cheeze-Its
Comet
Country Time Lemonade
Dawn (blue) - because I like the commercials where they're washing all the animals
Duke's Mayonnaise (& I don't even like mayonnaise!)
Hormel Natural Choice Lunch Meat - or Boar's Head from the Deli Counter
Oreos
Peter Pan Peanut Butter OR the Publix Brand but NEVER any of the other brands!
Snuggles Laundry Detergent - because of the teddy bear
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce

Besides Lipton to make iced tea, I will never buy any tea unless they're individually wrapped packets, most of the time I buy Twinings - no more of the Celestial Seasonings stuff ever! I hate having the little cardboard boxes everywhere!

And I'm sure there's other stuff too...

Best Foods/ Hellman's Mayo
Tide (original scent)

Also, Tonnino tuna ventresca in olive oil. Can't find it -anywhere- where I am in Oregon (though it's easily found on shelves in NYC). We mail order it because other canned tuna doesn't remotely compare.

There isn't much.
But, yes to Crayola Crayons. I will NOT buy any other brand.

And if I can include a subtle variation of the same brand product...
Reece's eggs/trees/pumpkins have ruined me for regular Reece cups. There is no comparison.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter