? about UHP purchase

SSSneezy

Mouseketeer
We will be traveling with my son's friend next month I am confused about what ticket he should purchase. We have PAPs and I would prefer that he have the same freedom that we have to come and go as we wish. I know you can drop the first or last day from the UHP - but are the actual dates on the ticket? For example, if I drop the last day from his ticket but really want to have a non-park day on Wednesday can we do that instead of the actual last day of our visit? (Hope that makes sense).

Thanks for your help.

In a word, no. If they drop the first and last day, it is because of travel and check in and check out times. If you are asking to substitute a day in the middle, that doesn't make sense.

No, you cannot do that. The UPH is hard coded to expire at the end of the period that you purchased. You could buy a 5 day UPH and not use it once to enter a park, and it would still expire at the end of your stay.

Consider a hopper Plus pass. The only attraction that might then give you fits is DisneyQuest, which is not a Plus option. If you want to visit DQ, try Ticketmania for the cheapest single-day passes I've seen.

DVC has been generous in allowing any dates to be dropped from these passes, but they are length-of-stay passes and were intended to be inclusive for all days of your stay including arrival and departure days. As Diane suggests, you won't be able to choose which days you will use the pass. It will be encoded on your room ID and, if you drop 1st and last days, will start on the next day thru the day before departure. It cannot be used on your arrival or departure days. If you choose not to use the pass on any of the included days, the admission for those days will be lost.

Perhaps a regular Hopper Pass (where the days never expire) will be a better option for your guests.

Enjoy!

In the past, when we have had guests with us, we have sometimes used the UPH for them if we were going to be around most of the first and last days. If not, we have had them get hopper pases. That way, any unused days can be used in the future. We have even purchased the leftover days from our guests to use for future guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter