? about Nike Product Testing

Savsmommy

<font color=green>I'm a middle lane girl<br><font
Has anyone done this? They just sent me this email for my DS2.

You have met the initial screening criteria to become a Nike Product Tester! Please print, read, and sign the Agreement, Release and Waiver form. You must submit both pages of the Agreement, Release and Waiver form with a handwritten signature to complete your application process. Please return both pages to Nike, Inc. via U.S. mail (Facsimile and electronic files will not be accepted) within 10 Business Days

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and send it in? :confused3 How long before you got your first tester of shoes? How long do you keep them before you have to send them back? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just not sure about it. Thanks for any info you can give me about it.

I received the same email today for my DD6 & DS3. I went ahead and printed it out, signed it and mailed it. Hopefully I did it all correctly!!

My kids were accepting over 6 months ago. We sent the papers back and still haven't received a pair of shoes. They keep sending e-mails to upgrade sizes but they only send out to people with the sizes they need. It's alot of waiting and waiting.

How did you sign up for this? I'm sure my kids are too big (adult sizes) but it would be great to test shoes!

DS7 just "tested" his first pair. It only took a few weeks for them to invite him to test, then another week or so after we accepted. The test itself was only 2-3 weeks long. You have to keep a daily wear log describing conditions, any problems, how long worn, etc. Since you aren't supposed to wear the shoes in public, it's probably easier if you're a SAHM. I don't know how you can really test them during the school year, I guess just after school & weekends. :tiptoe:

ryka said:
My kids were accepting over 6 months ago. We sent the papers back and still haven't received a pair of shoes. They keep sending e-mails to upgrade sizes but they only send out to people with the sizes they need. It's alot of waiting and waiting.

Same here and now DS's big feet are no longer considered a kids' size. DH and I were also accepted but have received nothing to test.

I signed my son up and got the email that had the agreement, etc on it. Sent it back (within the 10 day period) and then got another email after 31 days saying "it had been 31 days and they still hadnt received my agreement" therefore we were no longer eligible, but could reapply after 180 days I think.

Do you get something for testing the shoes? Just wondering, since you have to return the shoes, what's the perk of testing them?

Marsha

There are no real perks, basically you are helping NIKE out. As they state, there is the benefit of putting wear and tear on their shoes instead of your own. The sneakers are marked with a 5 or 6 digit identifying number in black marker on the sides, since your not supposed to wear them in public. My son enjoyed testing them though, so I probably will do it again.

But you can't wear them in public, right? :confused3 I don't know about your kids, but when we're at home, he doesn't wear shoes. So he'd still be putting wear and tear on his own shoes.

Marsha

I signed up for this years ago and my dd has tested 2 times. It was awhile before the first test -- I'd actually forgot about signing up and one day the first test just showed up at my door. I think there was an email sent prior to the 2nd test which she did a year or two later. No real perks from doing this but dd liked the ones she tested and had fun wearing them while the test lasted (you have to return them -- they pay postage -- at the end of the test).

doesn't seem like a very realistic test on Nike's part if the shoes aren't being worn outside!

We has the sneakers for about 2 weeks and were able to log about 40-50 hours on them, mostly outdoors. My kids spend a lot of time riding bikes, scooters, playing ball, etc. I guess if your kids don't spend time outdoors, it probably wouldn't be a good test.

So, they can play outside around other kids, and that isn't considered public? I would think they wouldn't want other kids and parents to see them.

Marsha

How did you guys go about signing up more than 1 person? I signed up my DS and tried to sign up DD, but it would not let me. DO I need another e-mail address.

torinsmom said:
Do you get something for testing the shoes? Just wondering, since you have to return the shoes, what's the perk of testing them?

Marsha
That's what I thought too. We pretty much don't wear shoes at home, and they can't be worn out in public -- so they can't be "back to school" shoes. And you have to return them when you're done.

The only perk I can see is that it'd help kids understand the process of putting a new product on the market: you can't just have an idea and "poof" it's on the shelves. But since I don't think my kids are really all that interested in manufacturing of products, I don't think it's for us.

I hope some of the rest of you enjoy it though.

torinsmom said:
So, they can play outside around other kids, and that isn't considered public? I would think they wouldn't want other kids and parents to see them.

Marsha
I guess playing in your front yard or riding bikes in your own neighborhood would be "borderline public", but if they don't allow their testers to take part in normal, everyday activities, how will they ever get accurate results?

"Public" means places like the mall, church, and places where the retail public could notice them. Your yard, going for walk in the neighborhood, etc is not considered public. They obviously expect you to wear them, just not parade them around at the local shoe store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!