ABD Backstage Magic 7/31 - 8/5/11

:surfweb:
So I thought I better properly introduce myself so you don't think I'm just another Shrimp Stealer :rotfl:

I am the older sister of SaraMc. We won't say how much older :rolleyes1

I'm a professor, but don't let my job let you think I'm some stuffy academic. Not me at all. There is a reason my avatar is Tigger! The DH is an analyst for the provincial medical association. The DS is (gasp) 19 in 2 weeks and currently is working and looking for a new place to live with a few buddies. We have two 'furbabies' :) Tigger (aka Stinky Old Boy) and Mitzi (aka Cute But Stoopid) Kat.

Our Feb trip to WDW will be my 5th trip there: first was the winter of 1974/75 (can't remember date) with parents, not again until 2005 with SaraMc and crew, then 2007 again, and one trip, the 'No Boys Allowed' tour with just sister SaraMc and me :dance3:
July 2011 will be my first trip to Disneyland, even though I lived in Northern California with the DH and DS between 1997-2001. Can't wait to spend such a great vacation with my seeester!:yay:

:mickeyjumWOW!! I worked in Woodbridge from 1990 to 1998; I just missed opening by a couple of months (school got in the way, lol!). I met Jeff there when he started in 1993. He also helped open a store; the one in Mays Landing. This is too exciting! Talk about small world! We will have so much to discuss!!

Do you mean the store in Woodbridge, NJ? My DP Cindy worked at that store from 1996-1997. I grew up in Woodbridge (Iselin).

Muggsie, I didn't know yougusts were from Woodbridge! That's about 20 minutes from me. My dad used to manage a shoe store there so we were always at that mall. I usually go to Monmouth or Freehold now though. How funny is that!

Morning ABDers!! :)

It's a beautiful 71 degrees here on the Jersey Shore! That was definitely a surprise after several weeks of horrid heat waves. I'm wondering if I brought the cool weather from Cali!

What's everyone up to today? I'm still jet lagged, but trying to push through. I need to catch up on the book club selection. Vacation got in the way. I also have a few things to do for work. Hopefully I'll get the urge to do them! ;)

Nikki

Oh, I'm jealous of all of you who're finally getting more reasonable temperatures! We should get them by....late November? Maybe? :lmao:

I'm far behind on the book club selection this time - just read the opening few paragraphs before I had to stop. Hopefully I will catch up some this weekend!

I'm Lisa and my husband is Paul, and we loved the July 2010 ABD trip so much that once Marty Sklar was added, we couldn't say no to next year. Now we just have to eat beans and rice for a year to pay for it. :rotfl2:

We're in Florida, so we're at WDW quite a lot of times during the year. We've only been to Disneyland twice, and we're very excited to be going again in a little under a year! Maybe by then, I'll have gone through all of my pictures from the last trip. :laughing:

Do you mean the store in Woodbridge, NJ? My DP Cindy worked at that store from 1996-1997. I grew up in Woodbridge (Iselin).

OMG!! Yes! I grew up in South Plainfield. I'm sorry, but I'm can't remember a Cindy, though. In '96 I worked mostly at night, after subbing, but I still did weekends. If she remembers my store at all, you can say I did a lot of folding! I got married while I was still at the store, and we invited some of the cast to our wedding. I left in November of '97 after I was hired to teach full time. Now I'm going nuts trying to remember people from that last year!

OMG!! Yes! I grew up in South Plainfield. I'm sorry, but I'm can't remember a Cindy, though. In '96 I worked mostly at night, after subbing, but I still did weekends. If she remembers my store at all, you can say I did a lot of folding! I got married while I was still at the store, and we invited some of the cast to our wedding. I left in November of '97 after I was hired to teach full time. Now I'm going nuts trying to remember people from that last year!

She does remember you as the folder! :laughing: She worked only a few days a week, nights and weekends. She wants to know if Jeff was the one that Mark, the manager made him wear paper towels in his shoes so it looked like he was wearing socks. :lmao:

Muggsie, I didn't know yougusts were from Woodbridge! That's about 20 minutes from me. My dad used to manage a shoe store there so we were always at that mall. I usually go to Monmouth or Freehold now though. How funny is that!

I love Freehold mall. I'll be in your neck of the woods the end of October, visiting family. My mom now lives in Aberdeen.

She does remember you as the folder! :laughing: She worked only a few days a week, nights and weekends. She wants to know if Jeff was the one that Mark, the manager made him wear paper towels in his shoes so it looked like he was wearing socks. :lmao:

:rotfl:oh no!! Definitely not Jeff!! If you mean Mark the assistant manager, Jeff did not know him! Jeff left the store in '95! I'm trying so hard to remember people from that last year, but it's so hard. I was a newlywed in a new town with a brand new job. I hated to leave but I had to focus my energy on becoming a good teacher and wife! I'd love to hear more if she can remember any other details!!:love:

I have added a list of those traveling on the ABD who have givem me permission to add their names.

If you would like me to add yours.....just drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

I have a capital "N" and a capital "B" in my name. I'm glad you didn't forget the asterisks. :rolleyes1 -running-

I love Freehold mall. I'll be in your neck of the woods the end of October, visiting family. My mom now lives in Aberdeen.

Wow at all of the current or past Jerzy DISers on this adventure! This is going to be one big Jerzy-fest!

Other than muggsie who already said so (btw, Aberdeen is the next town over from me...I just met a DISer from there last month at a meet), will anyone be in the area this fall? I was thinking of organizing another Jerzy meet and would love to have some future adventurers join us! :thumbsup2

I have a capital "N" and a capital "B" in my name. I'm glad you didn't forget the asterisks. :rolleyes1 -running-

Wouldnt it be sad if you got all the way to California and they couldnt find your name on the list?:scared1:

DISCLAIMER: Any comments made by Nikki and Nikki's and her's alone - - - I as her roommate am not responsible for what comes out of her mouth! I'm an :littleangel: afterall!! :happytv:

Kevin, then you'd be getting a whole lotta phone calls. ;)

Shelly...Yeah right!!! :lmao: :lmao: You are going to give people a bad impression of me.:P *I* am the angel. :)

Fussbudget? :rotfl: :lmao:

You just aged yourself beyond belief there, mister!!!!

:rotfl2: :dance3:

For those of you who do not know already, Kevin and I have a "special" relationship. ;)

Kevin, then you'd be getting a whole lotta phone calls. ;)

Shelly...Yeah right!!! :lmao: :lmao: You are going to give people a bad impression of me.:P *I* am the angel. :)

I just threw up a little! That is not a halo hunny! :LOL:

Hi All! I am Kristin. My DH, David and I will be joining this merry bunch!

I am an Elementary Assistant Principal and my husband teachers HS art.
We have 3 children, Spencer 18, Molly 6, and Cole, 4.

We can't wait for this to begin!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter