ABD Backstage Magic 7/31 - 8/5/11

We mailed our consent forms. It's so exciting, everyone, the trip is on!! :banana:

The only thing left to do is the airplane. However, we can't decide what to do about adding on nights. Are any of you folks adding on time?

We can't wait to meet everyone in person. I love being able to get to know you all on the boards!:goodvibes

Hi All,

Just thought I'd pop on over to say I'll be joining you on this ABD trip. I just got back from a week at DLR and loved it. I'm looking forward to seeing you next summer! :)

Nikki

We mailed our consent forms. It's so exciting, everyone, the trip is on!! :banana:

The only thing left to do is the airplane. However, we can't decide what to do about adding on nights. Are any of you folks adding on time?

We can't wait to meet everyone in person. I love being able to get to know you all on the boards!:goodvibes

I mailed back my consent forms on Monday too :)

We will most likely be adding days at well but probably before the trip as we have tentatively talked about flying into SF, spending a few days there and then driving down to LA.

We'll probably fly out of LAX on the Friday night the trip ends as that will get us back to New Zealand on Sunday morning NZ time (we loose Saturday going over the dateline) and then back to work on the Monday.

The advantage with travelling in July for us is that its our winter so it gives us a nice warm weather holiday.

I mailed back my consent forms on Monday too :)

We will most likely be adding days at well but probably before the trip as we have tentatively talked about flying into SF, spending a few days there and then driving down to LA.

We'll probably fly out of LAX on the Friday night the trip ends as that will get us back to New Zealand on Sunday morning NZ time (we loose Saturday going over the dateline) and then back to work on the Monday.

The advantage with travelling in July for us is that its our winter so it gives us a nice warm weather holiday.

:thumbsup2That sounds super! Do you think you'll fit in a stop at the Disney Family Museum while you are in SF? I've heard such wonderful things about it. That would be such a special way to start the festivities!!

:thumbsup2That sounds super! Do you think you'll fit in a stop at the Disney Family Museum while you are in SF? I've heard such wonderful things about it. That would be such a special way to start the festivities!!

I definitely hope to and also visit Alcatraz. We've never been to SF so hope to spend a good few days there to look around and get a real feel for the city.

Also hope to take it slow driving down so we can stop and visit places along the way.

Hi Jeff and Stacy,

my sister and I are adding on one day before, just with flights we want to make sure we are there with some time to spare. And perhaps a little In and Out burger too.

Sending off our forms this morning. Another step closer. I am concerned about this trip. I am afraid that I will like it too much. Then I will be conflicted on whether to go to a Disney Park, take a cruise or take an ABD trip for a vacation. I'm kidding, but am thankful in this day and age, we can afford to take a vacation.

Anyone know how full the other trips are?

We would love to add a couple of days at the end, so we'll be trying to do that. :)

Hi All,

Just thought I'd pop on over to say I'll be joining you on this ABD trip. I just got back from a week at DLR and loved it. I'm looking forward to seeing you next summer! :)

Nikki

Yay! I'll look forward to meeting you in person, and reading more book club selections in the meantime.

Sending off our forms this morning. Another step closer. I am concerned about this trip. I am afraid that I will like it too much. Then I will be conflicted on whether to go to a Disney Park, take a cruise or take an ABD trip for a vacation. I'm kidding, but am thankful in this day and age, we can afford to take a vacation.

Anyone know how full the other trips are?

You may indeed become addicted to ABD. We just got back from our trip a few weeks ago, and we're signed up for this one. :rotfl2: With the price, we were sure the first trip would be a once in a lifetime trip. AND they really do spoil you on the trip! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think we are planning to come in one day early and visit the coast for the day and stay two days after to see the parks.

Paula: That sounds like a great way to start off the trip. :thumbsup2 Jeff has been to SF, but I haven't. Some day we'll get there together. I'm dying to see the museum!

Sara: Jeff wanted to fit in a stop at In-n-Out on our last trip, but we just couldn't do it. This itinerary really keeps you on the go! Just one extra day is something to consider.:scratchin

Lisa: We also want to have time at the end, because we are soo exhausted!:cool1: And that'll give me time to plan my packing; you know how much I love LAX!!

Hi Nikki!! Can't wait to meet you in person!!:yay:

Mr. Figment: Absolutely, this trip is incredibly addicting! We signed up for this past July trip in May and haven't stopped talking about it since!! The day we got home, we signed up for this one. It's an amazing experience!

Morning Friends!

What's on everyone's agenda for the day? I'm still suffering from major jet lag thanks to my Cali trip, but am hoping to get a few things done. I woke up at 10:40 this morning!! -gasp- Not a good start, I know.

The school year is coming closer and closer as we speak. For those of you who do not know, I teach fifth grade reading and language arts and absolutely love my job. I'm excited to go back, but we don't until early September.

I'm hoping to add two or three days to the end of the ABD trip for extra park time. I'm more than likely going to use my DVC points and just stay at the Grand. It was nice when I spent some time there last week with friends. Storyteller's breakfast was also great.

Speaking of which, as time gets closer would anyone be interesting in planning a character meal for us all? I think a breakfast could be fun. :thumbsup2

Have a good day, all!

Nikki

I just used Marriott points to get a night pre-ABD at the Renaissance. The point cost seemed cheap for the location/quality of the hotel.

The school year is coming closer and closer as we speak. For those of you who do not know, I teach fifth grade reading and language arts and absolutely love my job. I'm excited to go back, but we don't until early September.
Nikki

It's a small world after all! Jeff and I are teachers, too! We both teach 6th grade Language Arts, though he usually has to split his program with Spanish as well.

We just can't make up our minds about the extra nights! :confused3

Very cool! That's something we have in common then. :)

I still need to look up how much per night it is at the Grand.

Hi Jeff and Stacy,

my sister and I are adding on one day before, just with flights we want to make sure we are there with some time to spare. And perhaps a little In and Out burger too.

I think that we are gonna arrive the night before maybe even Friday night and then stay until the following Sunday since i have to go back to work on Monday i can only take 5 days off of work.

Speaking of which, as time gets closer would anyone be interesting in planning a character meal for us all? I think a breakfast could be fun. :thumbsup2

Something to keep in mind...

One morning, you have a character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen and the Farewell Breakfast is at Storyteller's at the Grand,

Not trying to talk you out of booking a reservation, just letting you know that two of them are already covered.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

One morning, you have a character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen and the Farewell Breakfast is at Storyteller's at the Grand,

Not trying to talk you out of booking a reservation, just letting you know that two of them are already covered.

Besides, by the looks of things, we have more characters on this trip that should be legally allowed :rotfl2:

Okay, that's settled then! We don't have to plan it! :thumbsup2

We did Storyteller's and PCH Grill this week. I'm looking forward to trying Goofy's now. :)

Besides, by the looks of things, we have more characters on this trip that should be legally allowed :rotfl2:

What do you mean? Kevin's not going. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter